Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

I still have a picture of that high elf transmog, and I am not afraid to post it.

1 Like

Good for I am mighty proud of it.

Alas it does not work well with a staff.

Hide weapons when?

1 Like

Any new rewards? Else I really don’t care.

If they follow the usual trend, then it’s a bunch of ugly recolored sets no one cares about. But at least it’s a fun event, and I do enjoy getting showered with praise for the… uhm… assets of my character.

Not even a new recolored set, eh, I’ll pass.

By the way, if I had remembered that Baros Alexton was the guy who essentially sold out his old stonemason pals for a cushy government job, I would have been happier with his death in WoD!

I actually forgot he died. It was a touching quest. If I am not mistaken he had a dog girlfriend whom he gifted a rose to, and the dog keeps it in his memory.

Yesterday I went on an adventure. I gathered four other paladins and together we tried to collect all the items we needed for Verigan’s Fist…probably one of the most OP weapons during the lower levels.

Obviously Lord of the Rings music was playing, while we ran across the Wetlands, the Arathi Highlands and Hillsbrad. Oh, and I had my first PvP-battle against a group of Horde players.

Yep. I’m currently having a blast in Classic. Didn’t have that much fun in WoW for a long time.

8 Likes

Trial of style is on again?!

1 Like

The Blizzcon key art was released. Guess who represents Warcraft? Sylvanas. Are you guys ready for a redemption arc and for a justification for genocide?! Boy, I cannot wait!

Meanwhile I am suffering Vietnam flashbacks, as I have to fight for my life in Stranglethorn Vale. But, I am 32 now and might respec to Reckoning bombing. Gonna have a look at it.

3 Likes

Well, at least we can’t say we didn’t see it coming from miles away.

3 Likes

Garrosh -> WoD
Gul’dan -> Legion

There is still hope…

Sylvanas as a big villain/antagonist is still possible… Yeah, I’ll say that as long as I can.

1 Like

More awful writing. Goodie.

1 Like

Search your feelings Wimbert, you know that this will not happen!

Really… I don’t think real redemption will happen, either. I can imagine Sylvanas having something good for her in mind, and us being forced to go with her agenda, because… well, the alternative is so much worse. If I have to choose between working with Sylvanas and leaving the Old Gods control of the afterlife, for example… it makes sense to do what you have to do.

But something like that would not be redeeming her.

2 Likes

Last time a prominent character featured as Warcrafts image in a similar event, she became the final boss of the games current raid.

At this point, and after Jaina, Varok, Thrall, and Azshara’s plots, its quite obvious it was about time the story focused on Sylvanas and her story in all this.
Her presence in said poster isn’t indicative of any specific outcome, only that she will probably start acting finally as another protagonist.

And it was about time her character assumed a more relevant and direct role in the story.

She’ll be the final boss of the next raid and survive. That’s what happened with the other two warbringers, it’s pretty apparent what they are going for.

Technically that is the promotion art. Key art looks more like this
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/770722.jpg

In comparison to 2018 feature art

http://www.vanion.eu/userfiles/images/blizzcon2018-key-art.jpg

But really… where the heck is the 8.2.5. War Campaign? Yeah, Classic is a nice diversion, but these guys should still be doing their day job - making new stuff!

1 Like

Just like Saurfang in 2018. Sylvanas will get a cgi cinematic this year. And guess what her chinese VA said? That she has mixed feelings and is mad at the writers (and I quote, “damn you writers!”) after voicing her last cgi cinematic.