Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

It is in the game, duh.

Iā€™m suffering in the sight of that tabard.

[X] Doubt

1 Like

Thereā€™s no other match for this transmog. I am sorry.

1 Like

I really donā€™t know what they could show tomorrow that would seriously annoy me. I feel like I#m already expecting the worst concerning the story. Andā€¦ if the feck up the gameplayā€¦ they might actually kill WoW, so I donā€™t think theyā€™ll do that this time.

Wellā€¦ I guess they might actually announce a new class and a continuation of ARs, that might slightly annoy me, butā€¦ not really in a big wayā€¦

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m being optimistic or just jaded, but either way, I think it works.

1 Like

Redemption for Sylvanas?
A new faction war??
TIME TRAVEL???

1 Like

I have red wine, rum, chocolate and crisps. I am fully prepared for any fallout.

Sounds like it would give me a good laugh.

I really canā€™t even imagine that. I guess it would be bad, butā€¦ I just get ā€œWimbert.exe has stopped workingā€, when I try to think about it.

Iā€™d actually like that.

1 Like

Anything but a revamped Northrend and Iā€™m good.

I hated WotLK.

1 Like

Not against the idea of revamping zones. But not for the summary of an entire expansion. We need an entire new continent. Not a recycled one.

So what happens when all of Azerothā€™s landmasses are revealed and thereā€™s nothing left?

1 Like

Shadowlands, the dimensions of void and light, Kā€™aresh. There could still be much to come. Even outside of Azeroth.

Whatever happens tomorrow, the salt must flow.

2 Likes

Then they will have to create new lore and possibly retcon some things.

But we all know thatā€™s a threshold Blizzard wonā€™t cross.

4 Likes

Then theyā€™ll just shrink the in-game map and come up with a new landmass that nobody has ever seen before for reasons. They did it for Pandaria, they did it for the Broken Isles, they did it for Mechagon, theyā€™ll do that again.

I can see the logic in that, but where does it end? Iā€™m curious and a little worried; the model of ā€œadd a new placeā€ has to have an eventual limit, right?

1 Like

How about we start to colonize a new planet (for some reason) only to realize that the world is already inhabited and we have several new expansions on a new world?!

FF14 also got bored with its old world and decided, ā€œYou know? Screw this letā€™s visit a new one!ā€ (Okay it was not like that.)

2 Likes

We have more than half of Azeroth still left to explore, considering the fact that there is a backside. We can travel between worlds, and have seen glimpses of a few of them. We can travel in time, and see new old versions of current zones. We can travel through dimensions and see alternate versions of the same worlds. We have a few magic dimensions like Nyā€™alotha and the elemental planes. We have space-faring vessels.

Weā€™ll run out of interest in WoW long before we run out of ideas to expand it. Thatā€™s a strength of the horrible genre mix-up: They can really do about anything.

2 Likes

Your answers make me feel less worried.

Well, that makes one of usā€¦

1 Like

Ha ha! Cheer up, man. At least thereā€™s the probability that there will continue to be original content in the future, as you guys predicted. Perhaps BfA has disappointed us in some ways, but things could always turn around for future xpacs, right?