Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

For me… not really. I’ve been disappointed with the way they dealt with the setting for a long time, and the point where I started to get my enjoyment of the story and the setting solely in an ironic way probably came with the Void Elves. There is no way they can get me to take the setting seriously ever again. Though they can find ways to make it more entertaining for me.

I’d love for them to go full parody…

1 Like

I’m getting customization. I’m happy. The gnomefro is coming, guys…
https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Day_After

1 Like

There are a lot of things I like about the expansion.

The story is great for memes and doesn’t run into danger of immersing me, so I won’t have second thoughts about donning my slutmog, the gameplay sounds like a huge improvement in so many ways and I might even return to my altoholic habits.

Currently curious to see the Draenei/Blood Elf/Worgen customizations.

Whee, tails!

3 Likes

Did they mention blue eyes for Blood Elves yet?

1 Like

No idea, am afraid.

But I’m not sure what else Blood Elves would get aside from proper High Elf customization. It’s a low hanging fruit, as much rage as it might cause.

1 Like

I like the new faces for humans, and I am probably gonna use them on my characters for more variation. Right now they all suffer from the “same face” syndrome…because only one or two actually look decent.

Black faces have lore foundations in those that lived in Stranglethorn (as Traveler goes), but the asian ones seem like some weird stuff.

EDIT: An not having the wildhammer as a proper allied race saddens me :frowning_face:

1 Like

Hm, will Worgen get the full racial spectrum, too? That would be a bit strange. Dapper chinese and black werewolfs, all from the same little kingdom? :thinking:

Why?! Do you really want them to pull some :poop: like “LIGHTNING BEARDS!!!” out of their butt? Being an AR instead of a customization option hasn’t really helped DIs, if you ask me.

Well, there were some Asian guys in Classic like Woo Ping for example:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Woo_Ping

Unless anything else comes from Blizzard my headcanon is that they come from an island group somewhere in the world. An island group close to this one here:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Snowblossom_Village

No. But i rather they had their own stories and characters instead of being dumped under some Bronzebeard.

Aesthetics aside, having the DI be their own thing facilitated Moira to have her own time in the story. And we had more iconic units and characters introduced in the war campaign.

Going forth, being an AR forces Blizzard to at least feign some spotlight for them.
If they are an aesthetic feature…the probabilities for it to happen are smaller.

1 Like

…we already have that. We had it for years. Playing stupid as if they hadn’t been part of the Alliance already feld unnecessary for the DIs, and the Wildhammers are longer standing allies than them.

To be honest, the highlight of this Blizzcon was Starcraft II for me, because even if it’s a dead game at least I can play as Mengsk.

Looking forward to Shadowlands because I could get a Jaina-Daelin reunion and possibly more Garithos. The kyrians and their castle look cool and they are allied with Uther, so that’s probably the Covenant I’ll choose.

Repenting Garithos in Vampireland, uncaring Warrior Garithos in #TeamUndead, or evil, dangerous Garithos from hell?

Garithos is actually the true ruler of the Shadowlands only one such as he with his magnificent mustache can maintain such a place :slight_smile:

He’ll have his own domain.

And we’ll call it…

Gari-thros.

2 Likes

Just Garithos.

Inb4 Garithos’ soul or memory is the blast from Kael’s past we must purge in order to redeem and release him from WoW purgatory.

I hope that’s a #TeamVampire only quest…

Lmao, I’m not helping Kael’thas purge the last remnant of Garithos. Get out with that trash.

1 Like

Nah, you can choose #TeamValkyr and probably teach a sad Uther that he did right by Arthas.