Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

The kyrians are the only faction worth choosing, really. The undead one is a big nope, the smurf one is another big nope, the vampire one will be the mainstream one all the normies choose, that leaves the kyrian one.

Since they have different campaigns I’ll play all of them anyway… Though I have a hard time imagining a gnome going for the forest spirits… I guess I’ll need a Vulpera for that.

I mean, we know nothing about it yet but I think it’s a fair bet to say that Blizz realizes how dirty they did Kael and that this is their chance to give some closure to that character.

And if he’s being kept in purgatory and haunted by an enemy from his past life then the list of candidates is rather short. Arthas or Garithos.

1 Like

team justice is the only choice! for the Lightbringer… we will tear down the tower of the damned … the Silverhand comes for you Sylvanas!

GO ! TEAM ! … …uh what were the colours again?

For AZEROTH !

Cheers.

everyone that uses that catch phrase has died horribly …

…so we can see them again in the Shadowlands! :wink:

2 Likes

Whenever I read about “the Maw”, my mind strangely constructs it as “the MAU”.

Human brains are amazing!

1 Like

You are making it sound like a bad thing. As long as the tattoos are right it’s cool. They did wonders on the Mag’har and dark irons.

Out of curiosity, I’m not sure if you role play or not: will you ‘change’ your characters troll tribe?

To expand on it, the new upcoming skins seem to be reminiscent of Sandfury, Dark, Forest and even Blood trolls.
Will you change your appearance to any of these or remain ‘Darkspear’?
Seems like a random question, but I have a group of friends and we were discussing how troll players would react to these changes.

Same question for Aditu

Ps: If any other troll player wants to leave their take, feel free to do so! (Didn’t want to spam another thread).

Aditu will remain darkspear.
But I see a lot of new alts in all shades and colours joining the glorious united troll empire, especially with the level squish.
( and no I don’t RP )

1 Like

I’m toying with the Dark Troll vibe…
That dark skin and white skull tattoos seem dope as hell. And the history the tribe has is rather important and interesting.
Guess that I’ll see how many other customisations Blizzard offers, but for now, that one stood out for me.

It’s a possibility tho. Even if I don’t role play, I like the character as is too.
I do wonder if they’ll go the extra mile and meddle with height and bulk to give us Amani…

1 Like

The bone tattoos are my favourite too!

Well, one can always dream…

1 Like

Bugger off.

Amani in the Horde would be cool. They could rebuild the ruined wing of Silvermoon, to symbolize the two core races of the horde finally uniting as friends.

they’d never join the horde they hate the horde for letting the blood elves join : P

1 Like

You never know with Blizzard, they discard continuity at the drop of a hat.

I’d hope Amani never join the Horde. They certainly didn’t show any green skin during the troll customisation preview.

My main? No way! He is the most true Darkspear. If he didn’t change for Zandalari then to no other tribe he would.

But I might consider to change the hunter or some other alt. That sand troll fem lady is so pretty!

But it also crossed my main -if they’re adding farraki, dark trolls and frost troll colours hypothetically - does that mean that troll restoration is set in motion and will the tribes finally unite?

2 Likes

Given the new introductory quests will be upgraded to be those of some random adventurer stranded on an island, chances are high that Blizzard is growing less restrictive with our character background.
While formerly we all had the same backstory about growing out of the Echo Isles, now the background might be less specific.
And this opens up possibilities regarding our characters and more specifically our troll tribe.

Circling back to said circumstance, maybe those stranded adventurers that make up our troll PCs, could come from those settled as ambassadors in Zuldazar. And their presence amongst playable races, is explained simply by sayin that now that Talanji has joined the faction, those trolls that fell in step behind the Zandalari in their island, might have done so too.