Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

Indeed, and I haven’t even heard anything light-related about the Kyrians yet. The damaging skills their faction gave, actually provided arcane damage, not Light. And their blue-white aetethics are kind of new. We have seen shadow versions of Val’kyr and Light versions of Val’kyr. Both were created by powers outside of the Shadowlands, and it was confirmed that Odyn’s inspiration came from an agent of the Jailor. The Kyrians are something new, and we can’t just assume we know how they work because we saw other kinds of Val’kyr.

But apart from that… I will say that “ancestral spirits” that regularly contact the world of the living, aren’t really accounted for in the Shadowlands, yet. Might be explained in the addon, though.

1 Like

I sometimes wonder what Maievs job entails.

I mean, Sira went to WoW hell, came back and, judging by the Warfront dialogue, would rather go to hell again than stand down, all over having to do her job for a couple years.

Was she responsible for service evaluation? Or moderating the Warden class forum? The latter, certainly, would explain why she wanted to see everyone burn…

2 Likes

Sira is the WoW-equivalent to a 15-year-old-teenage girl who just got send to her room, because she was acting up. Seriously, her entire dialogue in the Darkshore-warfront is that of an angry child.

“Sira Moonwarden says: It is you who abandoned us, Maiev! You burdened me with everything in your absence!”

Meanwhile we have characters like Anduin who is 18 years old and has to lead an entire god damn kingdom. Jaina was in her twenties when she had to lead an entire fleet of refugees across an entire ocean without knowing what they would find on the other side of the world. Thrall was just as old when he started to lead an entire faction of different races. Tyrande was around an equivalent age when she became the High Priestess.

But, alright I admit: If I had to lead the failure of an organization that are the Wardens I would be mad as well. The only other organization which fails just as hard as them is the SI:7…which could be dissolved and nothing of value would be lost.

2 Likes

the only organization more useless then SI:/ is the uncrown talk a bunch of posers the only one that has actually done anything of note was garona :stuck_out_tongue:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/af/a3/e1/afa3e1b0e5fded4369f4bdb64972217c.jpg

You know some small detail which came to my mind: This map might finally get updated with Shadowlands! Because where else would you place them?

So true, it’s honestly pretty crazy when you think about it. University students are not prepared to lead mass-evacuation of continents, so kudos to Jaina for carrying that out relatively well.

So…why they are using this flag for Gilneas?

https://i.imgur.com/O6cW7sR.jpg

Gilneas has its own flag, and it isn’t a lion with candles on it.

1 Like

Part of the alliance, part of stormwind, part of the alliance, part of stormwind…

2 Likes

I am honestly disappointed that out of an entire list of amazing fallen heroes of the past we could have gotten to quest with in Maldraxxus, we end up with Draka. :pensive:

If you’re human. You serve stormwind by default. Why else do you think the roofs of Stromgarde are painted blue these days. :slight_smile:

Because it’s faster to literally copy paste WoD assets than recolour them?

Blizzard never bothered to make a Gilnean banner and guess they don’t want to create new assets for it, so they just use the darker SW one. It’s like Danath throwing down a scarlet crusade banner from Northrend in Battle for Stromgarde. This one was used in Greyfang Enclave in Legion Dalaran, so I suppose it’s the current go-to Gilneas flag until (or maybe, as sad as it is, at this point, if) Gilneas finally gets some attention.

1 Like

The real question is, why don’t the Night Elves have a Stormwind Lion on their banner? Stormwind is their capital now.

1 Like

Why do you look like an evil fish?

1 Like

Why anyone would wear a helmet in general is beyond me.

Unlike RL, I could pick a face I like, so I don’t feel like hiding it.

maybe they are so ugly they need to hide their face ?

Because the literature I read keeps hammering in that going into battle without a helmet is stupid, and this is an RPG.

1 Like

Cuz he’s proud that he finally reached 1800cr in PvP and want to wear his ugly reward.

2 Likes

Main characters don’t need helmets. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

To be honest this is one of the reasons why I personally dislike the night elven archer armor worn by them in the “Battle of Lordaeron”. While it might be a functional armor in the forest, it’s completely stupid on a battlefield like Lordaeron…especially with grenades, cannon fire and more.

But, I do like the Darkshore-warfront-armor. Looks far more practical. And, yes I say this while my shoulders are literally gryphon-wings or something like that.

1 Like