Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

Could be worse.

I deleted the post, since I often end up on vacation.

4 Likes

ā€¦Iā€™llā€¦just highlight that.

2 Likes

My rogue is a scientist:

Canafinwe , W. A. et al. (2008) ā€˜Dynamics of the global mean of precipitation over the past century, Part I: The Northern Hemisphereā€™, Climate Dynamics, Volume 33, Issue 8, pp. 1433ā€“1450, ISSN 0198-4957, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-008-0069-6

1 Like

Yeah, Wimbert has written quite a few papers tooā€¦ Mostly psychology, but also some biology andā€¦ something about ancient british pottery. Hidden talentsā€¦

1 Like

Wtf is this:

Garithos of the Black Dragonflight is one of the most powerful dragons of Azeroth. Her appearance is a fusion of the draconic, reptilian, and aquatic aspects of dragons, and her breath attack combines all three. She has the ability to summon dragons from the Emerald Dream into the physical world.

5 Likes

Dear diary,

I felt sad today.

When browsing WoWpedia, I suddenly had a thought about demons, how mortals can be turned into demons via fel, yet the warlock class quests imply demons donā€™t rely on fel and how the demon hunter ritual might interact with demons that are not bound to the legion or fel.

But I was too jaded to pursue the thought further, fearing that it was just another inconsistency I had not yet discovered.

I shall leave the thought on the forums, maybe someone with more faith than me will pick it up and find value in it.

6 Likes

Weep for us, who have no more tears. Pray for us, who are damned alive.

4 Likes

Now that we are already somewhat melancholic:

Everytime I see a picture of the ā€œBattle of Lordaeronā€ CGI-cinematic I am reminded how awesome this expansion could have been. Sure in the end we knew that both factions would remain somewhat intact after a war, but it could still help with character development or entirely new characters like Nazgrim and Taylor two loved characters who also appeared during faction wars.

I think, outside of the whole problem of an evil Horde versus a good Alliance, one problem which remained was the scale. Teldrassil and Lordaeron started as gigantic battles and sieges in a scale pretty much unknown in Warcraft up to this point. In no other battle ingame you had so many soldiers and troops running around and fighting everywhere around you.

Itā€™s like Blizzard ran out of steam midway through the development of the pre-patch and in general Blizzard simply fails to really show us the scale of things.

Outside of this: I am currently leveling a paladin on a Classic roleplaying server. Thereā€™s really only one option which faction you can play as. Oh, Light look at the time! Itā€™s crusading time.

3 Likes

Now that we know how it all ended, and the sort of development Blizzard had in store for all parts concerned, Iā€™ve been unable to go through that cinematic without feeling as if Iā€™ve been victim of some false advertisement.

The way Sylvanas inspires the troops to push forward, the proactivity of the Alliance finally kicking into action, Saurfang charging forward to give his best to defend the city,ā€¦
Once you realise each and every of those sensations was a lie, the whole thing feels like a kick in the guts.

2 Likes

eh it was obviously going to be bad the moment they announced it was a faction war expansion they canā€™t write those and they keep trying to

1 Like

I do think that they actually did change ā€œBattle for Azerothā€ midway through development, even before the expansion got announced at Blizzcon. But, they used the cinematic anyway because at that point in time it was probably either halfway or nearly done and scrapping it would have been a waste of resources and money.

The cinematic simply has such a different tone and feel to it than anything else released afterwards. The Alliance looks like the aggressors for once, trying to bring Sylvanas to justice for everything she has done before including abandoning Varian on the Broken Shore (from the Alliance perspective and until ā€œBefore the Stormā€ came out Anduin could have also reasonably believed this to be true) all the while they try to reconquer their old kingdom (ā€œLordaeron will be ours!ā€).

Not to mention the inconsistencies (Saurfang fighting on the battlefield and being rallied by Sylvanas).

Also and this is the reason why I stand to the fact that BfA got changed midway through: We cannot say that the Blizzard writers are unimaginative. Every expansion was different from the ones before. Even though BC and Legion both dealt with the Burning Legion, they were both vastly different: In BC we tried to stop an invasion, while Legion dealt with a full-blown world-wide invasion of Azeroth.

Such a touching moment, fitting his characterā€™s journey. Between him trying to kill himself, because he feels Sylvanas made him dishonor himself in an irredeemable wayā€¦ and him railing at her for poisoning his soldiers in a tactical moveā€¦ he is moved by her loyalty to the Horde. It makes one go teary-eyed.

2 Likes

I canā€™t find my phone charger, I believe you must all know this.

5 Likes

And whatever is a Paladin gonna do without his trusty chargerā€¦

6 Likes

The Light will provideā€¦

1 Like

There is still hope that he can buy a new one in the market of light for 20g.

2 Likes

I found it under a pillow actually. Thanks for being with me in these dark times.

2 Likes

The story forum will always be with you.

And I just watched the pilot for ā€œHazbin Hotelā€ and I havenā€™t laughed like this in a long time. Essentially thereā€™s an annual purge of Hell and the Princess of Hell decides to open up a hotel so that the demons can redeem themselves and check out into heaven. Itā€™s full of vulgar language, slapstick humor, innuendos and more. And I really like the animation style.

2 Likes

So I just found out that Magatha isnā€™t purely a Tauren name:

:eyes:

And sheā€™s in Stormwind, very scary. Anduin better check his weapons.

Oh right, in Stormwind we donā€™t have the flawed system of Makā€™gora.