Story Forum Offtopic Lounge

Overspark!
And i’m 90% sure, Mechagon will be about how Mecha-gnomes save Gelbin.

Btw, where is the entrance to that city?

PS: And see that? Is all that pessimism regarding Gnome lore sailing away…

Nope, still there. But when I’m joking around I don’t have to share my true opinions, I can just play it up for laughs. Well… I’m laughing at least, so that has to count for something!

And I do believe that gnomes might get more focus now. I’m just quite wary about it.

A new island we find by following a transmitter in Tiragarde.

It’s very easy summed up. Jaina Proudmoore is Hernán Cortés. Alliance are white Spaniards invaders. Zandalari are defending natives and Rastakhan is Cuauhtémoc. If you know history and racism you know who to root for :slight_smile:

Cortés was awesome though, one of the most charismatic humans ever born. I think I know which side I would pick.

Appeasing elves now? I swear I need to visit the Sanctum of Light again.

1 Like

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rastakhan%27s_Might

One of the ships that ain’t destroyed because it wasn’t docked in the harbor. Future flagship of Talanji perhaps. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Shut your dirty mouth :unamused::unamused:

1 Like

In that case, the kings of the first Alliance symbolise king Philips II, the ruthless tyrant who oppressed the Burgundian Netherlands and is responsible for the deaths of countless of innocent Protestants. It only took few brave heroes to initiate the war to break the chains of the Spanish oppression, as it only took a few Orcs to do so when they were imprisoned.

And the burning of the Alliance fleet with the Red Dragons symbolises the utter destruction of the Spanish Armada.

I have no idea what I’m saying but it’s fun to reason like that. At least we can both stand against the Spanish hegemony, right?

2 Likes

You are a troll fan too right? Those comparisons are legit to draw a conclusion in their defense.

When did weakly drawn historical parallels ever serve as defense?

While the Kul Tiran are certainly influenced by the Spaniard conquest of South America, the rest of the human kingdoms follow a more cliched fantasy trope that resonates more with the European middle/medieval age.
Something more in line with the remnants of the Roman Empire against the savage/more primitive civilisations (Viking’s etc).

And compared to what some Spaniard conquerors did in America, what Kul Tiran invaders did seems rather mild.

Well, there is the Godwin Law, and lots of similar argumental mechanisms.

To the point we can state that Night elves deciding to do their thing in Darkshore represents the Brexit…

So…where is the Horde in this parody?

Baine represents the traitor tribe that allied with the Spaniards betraying the rest of the empire.

And Saurfang?

…you’re casting the Horde as part of the empire? Yeah… I thought as much…

1 Like

There are certainly some similarities, in more of crude and superfluous fashion, but yeah, it resonates a bit.

There is some nuance regarding Cortes specifically, because he for example opted to ally with some native tribes to depose the most bloodthirsty ones.

And he wasn’t half as harsh as other conquerors like Pizarro were.

But yeah, I was mainly joking :grin:

Columbus sinking his own ship with an axe before it departs from harbor.

This mask looks so ridiculous on a gnome :smile:

What goes better with a beak than a mustache?

2 Likes

I think you don’t know how pre-colonization South America worked. Read a book or something.

2 Likes

I am confused…

is this… mustachioed bird-like entity of small size and height meant to be a new allied race for the Alliance???

4 Likes