Story Forum Offtopic Lounge

People wanted Arakkoa, so this is what they get. Just like people wanted High Elves, and got superemoelves.

3 Likes

El Wimbért

scratches a W

2 Likes

I was wondering what you lot were talking about… shame i can’t unreload the page now.

Also Zandalari Druids get Arakkoa ish form.

how dare you

those are proud pterrodax… thingy… forms!

1 Like

Which reuse skeletons from?

chill, i wasn’t stating… anything… wrong…

I demand this expansion to be renamed in either Anduin craft, golden potential or alliance dingalong. Until that is decided, serveral memes for a better design for the official artwork with more appropriate themes should derail the off-topic further. Any ideas?

You really should read about South America before Spanish incursions.

Better title: Totally Not MoP 2.0.

Or, How Anduin Vanquished Toxic Masculinity and saved Sylvanas. But this one is a bit long.

I prefer the first one.

1 Like

Going by your premises… why not just BfA?
Battle for Anduin

2 Likes

There were indeed allied tribes of the Spaniard conquerors.

The Tlaxcalans for example. They were even the ones that got to prosper. The “privileged” ones.
Held noble titles, and created most of the current cities around the northern part of Mexico.

Just as some interesting note, they settled in the southern parts of North America too, and founded the settlements that came to be Texas.

Edit: You can see the similarities of both names.

Amazing.

And outstanding.

Explain to me how is that “traitorous” to the rest of them.

He said:

Were being opressed and regularly sacrificed by the Aztec Empire.

While it is interesting what you say,
You’re not referring to what Erevien wrote at all.

Tlaxcalans, Tarascans and any other tribe were constantly fighting against the Empire. Spanish incursion was their chance to overthrow their enemies.

How were they “betraying” Aztec, while all Aztec wanted was to sacrifice them all?

Address Erevien’s words, please.

1 Like

Well, they indeed were part of the mesoamerican civilisation, and held close ties with the Aztecs. But guess that strictly speaking weren’t Aztec per se.

Didn’t really bother to delve much into the whole “traitorous thing”, I just found interesting pointing them out as I consider that story quite engaging. My girlfriend is Mexican.

But if we are to look at more precise cases of treason as such, then Baine probably would resonate more with Malintzin, or La Maliche as she became known in Spain.
She was an Aztec woman that ended up siding with Cortes against the indigenous tribes, and counselled and aided him. To the point they had children together.

Frida Kahlo had art inspired on her. She is seen as scheming and “evil” to the Mexican natives.

Is her example more appropriate to you?

1 Like

Mesoamerican history is really interesting indeed.

Aztecs held them VERY close when they were cutting their hearts out.

Love knows no bounds.

Better than Erevien’s uneducated statement :wink:

But not quite. If she loved him… Which love is stronger? For a person or for a nation?

And whom exactly is Baine in love with?

1 Like

Anduin obviously.

Has anyone ever posed the theory that Horde players bashing them are just jealous of Anduin and/or Baine?

I’d be jealous of Baine, but at least I am in touch with my feelings.

We all know Erevien loves Anduin, but he doesn’t want to admit it. It’s ok, Erevien, this is a safe space.

4 Likes

I asked a real question amd would rather receive an honest answer instead of vile hate filled headcanon. Prove it then. Or are you just rearhurt that Baine doesn’t want to murder every human woman and child so you have to keep attacking him?

1 Like

Beat me for like…5 seconds.

On a serious note, doubt she loved Cortes. She just hated Aztecs more and wanted to escalate her position into a stronger one.
She started of as a slave they sold to the Spaniards as some gift.

Mexican culture has rather controversial standpoints regarding her figure.