Story Forum Offtopic Lounge

See my answer above. Your hate fillled headcanon isn’t exactly official lore.

Have you read the second part? It was a joke

If she was enslaved… She didn’t betray anyone

If I am enslaved and I act against those who enslaved me, I am not ecactly a “traitor” am I?

Have you read my answer above?

Does that mean I’m not allowed to mock here?

Still she was considered a traitor by Aztec standards.

I mean, even nowadays, when you visit provinces and the rural parts of Mexico (my gf parents are from Yucatán), you have them using terminology such as this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malinchism

She was considered a traitor that sold the native ways and denounced her own people, favouring in turn the invaders and outsiders. To this day, this is considered close to insult around there.

Really, you can lecture me all you want about the game lore, but regarding this, it hits quite close to home. And I know what I’m talking about.

Id understand if Baine denouncing the ways of his people in favour of the Alliance ways would draw parallels with Malinche. Even if it wasn’t the intention of Erevien to bring her up.

And I don’t know how I ended up arguing this, when I just wanted to point out some interesting fact about mesoamerican culture.

It kind of kills any comparison to Baine, though…

To them? yes

That literally is the meme

Just as with Malinche, there are clashing opinions regarding her motives.

History has made the negative ones prevail. We’ll see how Baines story develops.

So far, renouncing and denouncing the values/ways of his own, seems a common line between both characters.
Once the story is over, we’ll see how this is seen in hindsight.
But so far, certain Horde collectives would certainly consider his actions treasonous.

But wouldn’t be by today’s standards.

Face it, Erevien threw a statement what was plainly wrong and that’s just it.

Maya of origin, then?

Are you kidding me? You’re the one who keeps doing that.

So not an honest answer.

Himself and Anduin. Obviously.

called it :kissing_heart:

I really should just stop taking you serious.

All you want is red world and dead Alliance. Nothing else matters to you.

Yes big surprise. My faction is not a scapegoat tool for pushing more wrynn family potential and other humans. Bad intentions right?

Yeah, bad intentions, because you don’t care about anything else than hurting the Alliance, no matter what.

Sylvanas is way more loved by devs than Anduin, but nobody sees you hating her.

Alliance tries to get their hands on our leadership decisions so I fight it hard. You would do the same if sylvanas would start electing future alliance kings as vassal rulers of her own interest.

How? I don’t get it.

The hints are everywhere since the lost honor cinematic.

But somehow you are unable of providing a single one, hmmmm.