Strange lag when changing shards

Heya all,

I’ve noticed yesterday that when i got grouped in a M+ i suddenly got massive lag which is strange considering my connection is usually very stable. Regrettably I had to leave the group and find a solution, but as soon as i left that group, my lag was suddenly back to normal. Today, I encountered the same issue again so I took notes of some details of the group:

1- They were a group from Defias Brotherhood.
2- They all had WM on.

And again, as soon as I left the group, everything was back to normal. Even in my subsequent M+ runs.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? and has this happened to anyone else? I hope this can be resolved. Thanks.

I also have had some strange things happening to me since yesterday (reset day). When doing Dungeons I get hit by massive lag/freeze spikes. Like the game/screen freezes for about 3-5 secconds and then it just goes back to normal again for a while before it happens again. I get about 3-4 of these spikes each Dungeon.

Another thing I have noticed since yesterday (reset day) is that I get disconnected and end up at the log in screen with a “disconnect message” just to 1-2 secconds later end up at character selection screen not being disconnected at all.

same here, usually when a change shard but even when I teleport or change char.