Stutter and buzz

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been experiencing constant brief freezes (.5 secs) accompanied by an irritating electrical buzz sound. This only occurs in wow both classic and bfa. I have updated all my drivers using driverupdate, reinstalled graphics driver. I have cleaned the fans, checked temps, checked socket,

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-3ELHOVP
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0808, 10/07/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product PRIME B250-PRO
BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Im using 436.30 nvidia driver

any help would be great thanks

You say “electrical buzz sound” that from the PC itself such as the PSU or the game?

not from the actual physical pc it comes through my headphones

Ok I see, this could mean you have a faulty wire in your headphones try another game or watch something to test the sound if it continues then your headphones maybe faulty / faulty wire check the connections too.

I did consider this also. I tried a different pair of headphones and the problem persisted, I tried with no headphones no sound and still got the ,5sec stutters

Did you recently update your OS to a new version?

I think so, I pretty much accept recommended updates as the prompt suggests. The current version is 1903 18362.356

Hmm well we have the same OS build and I’ve had the odd sound stutter with this PC recently so it could be related to the OS but for me my PC is old defining old my CPU is an AMD FX 4350 lol.

To be honest if I had to put my money on anything I’d say its this versions OS build, you could roll back to a previous version but that depends how frequent your sound stutters and how annoying it will get if its really frequent, as for me its really random.

If you roll back and the sound stutter continues then you know its not the OS but rolling back may not fix it, for now I’d wait for a Blizzard reply and see what they say before you decide to roll back to a previous OS.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Thank you I appreciate the response, I’ll give rolling back the OS version a go, can’t hurt. It really is a recent issue, I’ve had no issues with after playing wow for over a year until 1-2 weeks ago so it could well be a OS build.