Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold.

Just can’t face this mind numbing, boring, mob infested, time-sumped terrine, time-gated grind.

So cancelling sub until they stop this rubbish and make things like WOTLK, Cata or MOP again. Hopefully 9.0 but I won’t hold my breath.

Sub runs out on the 4th of July, so ironically independence from WOW day :slight_smile:

207 Likes

Guess you are gone forever then instead of putting in 2 weeks work.
Clearly there is more to make you dislike the game than having to play it for a couple of weeks.

47 Likes

2 weeks?
I think this expansion, and thus the work towards flying has been going on for quite a bit longer.

80 Likes

I played wow for years on end to raid and do dungeons, and the quests I chose to do, I detest the “you have to do everything in game” forced attitude the developers have now.

As for “2 weeks work”, the game should be fun, it shouldn’t feel like a job, which grinding through this 8.2 rubbish does.

83 Likes

I agree with the sentiment.
However I refuse to believe that a couple of weeks of not enjoying something will make you give up on months of having fun.
So there must be more making you want to quit.

7 Likes

To new players?
No. Its all brand new.

To players who have been on the game the last year?
Pretty much yeah.

Dude the game is just turned in absolute rubbish, and it isn’t just a couple of weeks. We will have to grind punch cards, armor upgrades and lots of other stuff in those areas for far too long.

The zones are just so bad I find myself cursing at my computer screen. When a game is gone that bad it is time to take a very long break until they fix it. Plenty of other games to play and movies to watch until then.

42 Likes

Im not here to argue about all that.
But mentioning it all proves to me that its not about flying.
Flying broke your back.

5 Likes

It is totally about flying. Previously I would dungeon level to max and then do the quests I wanted to, avoiding stupid timesumped terrain and mass mobs, by guess what, flying. It is completely, inextricably, and inevitably the lack of flying that make me have seething hate for these zones.

15 Likes

Oh how wrong you are

25 Likes

So if you could fly right now you would love the game?

3 Likes

If I could fly I would stay playing as I could avoid much of the mess in the new zones. But I’m not coming back again until the fix flying as in at max level for gold as it always was. I quit in WOD because they cancelled flying like millions of others, should have stayed gone until they brought it back.

The current set up with pathfinder is just Ion being spiteful because he didn’t completely get his way when he wanted to kill flying entirely.

30 Likes

flying is good man… how can ppl refuse…

flying = freedom

24 Likes

Don’t get me wrong.
I love flying.

But I wouldn’t give up a game I loved because of a few hours of not having fun.

It isn’t a few hours, it is having to log in night after night to that rubbish. If you could grind mobs or something for rep fine, but you can’t and getting 28 to 83 rep for each quest is just soul destroying.

35 Likes

thats the main problem

you cant just grind it out

you have to do it day by day 1 hour at a time

for next 3-4 weeks

rather do other things - for example today found new good manga “reincaration no kaban”

jezus it was so much more fun reading that :slight_smile: story was on such higher level then anything in wow lately :slight_smile: really can recomend it :stuck_out_tongue:

…unlike 8.2 - sane people should stay away from 8.2

24 Likes

Its absolute crap and I hate Gnomes & junkyards, never unsubbed for even a day, not wasting my money on flying that I don’t bother with anyway and with Classic coming - gonna have a summer off, its just annoyed me so much that they came up with this @hit, omg I even liked Argosssssss - and the mounts are just awful anyway AND WTH HAVE GNOMES GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Can you mail me your stuff first?

9 Likes

I’m almost in the same boat, just wondering what the hell I’m doing without really enjoying it.

It’s all so “on the rails”, win an epic bg (I hate them) win a pvp island expedition screw expeditions). Its like they want everyone to suffer through aspects they hate to get to things they want.

Why can’t the path to what we want be fun instead of wading through crap to have fun?

I’d never played candy crush before this patch. I’ve played it more now that I have the patch. Well played Blizz.

24 Likes

What!? You have to actually play the game to earn something? Oh no, the horror!

What do Blizzard think they are doing? Trying to get playerbase playtime on the content they’ve released to ensure it was worth the development cost? The scandal!

18 Likes