Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

Most ridiculous response ever. It’s been almost 5 years and three expansions in since pathfinder was introduced, yet you still sub and play. The game is not based around getting pathfinder. Its based around raids, mythic plus and pvp.

But thats the thing; It wouldn’t be “swimming” per se! Haha!

You literally would be able to swim at flying mount speed underwater! :smiley: Only when mounted on a flying mount though! ^^

Classic is so appealling because there is so much to do and its so immersive. Its a shame that Retail has lost that over 15 years…

1 Like

Bye we will not miss you :wink:

Classic is content dry. Once you start getting gear from raid. Dungeons become irrelevant. You spend most of your time farming mats for alchemy or taking part in PVP that takes ages for queues to pop.

Bailing now because of 2 weeks of grinding? Yeah it’s not just flying. It can’t be. If you’ve been playing up till now, pathfinder pt 1 should be in the bag.

And yes, 2 weeks. That fact people don’t like it doesn’t change its doable in 2 weeks. Patch hot last month 25th. This morning I hit exalted on waveblade and I’m 2k off mecha. Given exalted is exactly the same rep as reaching revered, I make that 2 weeks. And no, I didn’t do pet battles or farm rates just for the rep.

I don’t sub and play. I got a 3-day free sub gift from battle.net and I haven’t used it to play.

You’ll be back - Flying has been a reward for pathfinder since WOD - what on earth makes you think Blizzard will change the model

It is a reward for effort

1 Like

What Blizzard should do is add a 3 mil gold alternative for rich people and these lazy mongs whining about having to play the game to unlock stuff.

Now THAT would be hilarious to see all the butthurt, because I’m willing to bet that most of the people complaining sure as hell don’t have any gold either (because they are lazy mongs).

But there is the leveling - the story. All 60 levels. Not just 10 and some dripfed after story.

Even the dungeon -> raid progression is better since you have to folllow the path from A to B instead of live where Uldir and BoD are now irrelevant when tou freshly ding.

Yes, content is not infinite but there is still stuff to do!

I don’t know, as much as I hate to do the grind myself. I will still do it at one point but I’m not going to rush. I came to a conclusion a long time ago that I do like WoW but I’m going to play it my way at my own time and enjoy it for what it is, a game.

They won’t change this sort of thing so rather than stress out about having to do it all at once, do a bit each day or so and enjoy other things and then the feeling of being burned out won’t pop it’s head up.

When the game feels like a daily grind/job then it’s time to re-evaluate yes but figure something out so you can enjoy it and do other things.

What I’m doing now. Enjoy WoW, enjoy other games and other hobbies.

It’s an excuse to do nothing of value.

I dont mind working towards unlocking flying, but ffs why does it have to be timegated rep grind and so long after the expansion is released ?

1 Like

It takes 10 to 11 visits to each new zone to hit revered - less than two weeks - and you don’t have to do it all at once

1 Like

Well then i want my submarine with air lock, cassetteplayer with latest metal hits, torpedotubes which i can use you launch myself with ridiculous speed to random directions and some sort of gunnery at front to fight things without making my paws wet all the time. Oh and with espressomaker.

We actually have this because those mechagon air defender themed flying mounts can fly freely without being shot down. Not that those current air defenders are any trouble but it might be partly because i am super flying ace. :small_airplane: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I actually find it fun to dodge getting shot.

It might be possible you are missing some other very important parts of the game considering i been happily playing this game (no sub breaks at all) for 14 years and i don’t do raids or mythics and very very rarely any pvp. Still been entertained all this time. I do agree it should not be based around pathfinder either, flying should be gained same way than other riding skills and we shouldn’t have to wait it till the worn out part of expansion. :star_struck:

2 Likes

I will agree on the fact that doing WQ is a chore and a bad one. I wouldn’t mind Pathfinder if the reps were farmable through instances. I still think that the WotLK tabard system for reps was actually quite nice.

And to all who say that the game feels too small with flying around, I dare you to go to Icecrown and Storm Peaks and say that again.
Those locations were designed AROUND flying and it was great. It added a sense of grandness almost all more recent locations are lacking.

4 Likes

Way more than 2 weeks seeing as not everyone has time to spend 5+ hours on the game on a daily basis

3 Likes

I’m all for them bringing back flying for gold

However with our new gold numbers, flying wouldn’t cost 5000 gold
It’d be more like 150-200k gold, but i’m all for it my dude

1 Like

It’s no more than 40 mins per zone

In fact you get a huge Rep boost when you finish the quest to get 3000 XP across your followers in Nazjatar and open up the quest line to the raid

Even if you only have 1 hour a day it’s no more than a month

Pathfinder in BfA and Legion is still much less time consuming than WOD was - the treasure finding was awful

Not saying you are one of them, but I would bet 1/2 people who say that didn’t even understand the lore implications of Onyxia and Nefarian and how it connected to Cataclysm and even modern day WoW back when Vanilla was an actual thing.

I find the story argument hollow when barely anyone understood the story at the time.

Especially on Horde side, because most of that jazz is Alliance politics and we were just there because it would be unfair if both sides couldn’t enter.