Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

Not sure about the espresso maker or Metal Radio (though Spotify has some decebt lists and has been hitting well with my Weekly Discover) but a submarine mount or psuedo-mount/item/toy would be cool! Explore the depths were mounts cannot go!

Maybe even just a weird flightnaster that just wings you in a direction? ^^

Well aye, I wish the Aerial Defenders were a bit more lethal! Haha! Fair enough with the mounts being safe and those with true flying ace skill, but I’d have loved there to have been a solid fun restriction before being able to fly rather than just “you can’t”.

PF should have unlocked more WQs and more places to explore (no just the top of an odd looking tree or whatever!)

1 Like

What part of it isn’t the grind it is the time gating are you struggling with?

1 Like

See, I did to some degree but I do think there is at least some merit in the two dragons having their own story known in WoW before Deathwing and Cata.

Ah, I am not talking about overarching lore, sorry! I am considering all the small storylines you go through as you quest! Being a little adventurer in a DnD style environment, rather than today’s action-filled battlefields (which arnt bad to be fair).

Omfg yes! Haha! I always remember early WoW as a Dwarf despite mostly playing Troll. ^^

I’ve wanted to like this patch and this expansion, but I’m really starting to admit to myself I’m almost completely bored of WoW. The rep grinds for flying this patch have just been the final straw. I’m at 10k / 8k and I can still barely bring myself to log in.

Every patch, every expansion, is just rinse and repeat. Nothing new, nothing exciting, just rinse and repeat the exact same thing we’ve been doing since WoD and I’m really tired of it. There was a glimmer of hope with warfronts / expeditions…but they turned out to be crap and completely pointless once you get past entry gear level.

Mythic+ has been the only thing keeping me here really, and the new beguiling affix has killed the last bit of fun for me.

4 Likes

OT, but what is wrong with Beguiling?

I think he means two weeks of in-game time.

They shall make flying for gold when the next Addon comes out. So they can do it for Legion and WOD payable, then when 9.0 comes out for BFA.

Source on that?

Your main is a rogue, right? Hehe

Good luck !
Make a stand

The founder of the topic insists that he plays WoW only to use dungeons and raids tools, but at the same time quits the game because of the lack of flying, which he cannot use in his “only” content…

Posts these days…

2 Likes

After an amount of time, sure, after first couple of toons capped, sure, after all, they put the work in, just as much as going at your own pace (hardcore or casual), they want you to see what they did before saying “yeah, it’s been a while to get sick of it, here you go”.

Likewise, if you cba to put effort in, that’s a player problem, as it’s account wide so it’s not like you’ll get burned out having to grind it 3 or more times.

This seems to be a recurrent theme.

People who only do raiding and dungeons “because they’re far too highbrow to engage in wows tedious grind” moaning that unlocking flying is the bane of their existence.

You don’t need flying if 90% if your playtime is spent in dungeons. Do a little cost benefit analysis. If its worth it, grind it, if not, don’t. No problem.

1 Like

People who are ‘only’ doing dungeons also want to do something like the daily emissary, for rep/azerite/gold/paragon chests.

1 Like

As I said, cost benefits analysis. If you think you want to speed up the rate at which you do those, invest the time to grind flying.

If you don’t, then don’t.

One thing that is certain is that moaning about it and refusing to do it will simply net you the worst of both scenarios.

1 Like

I did it myself too. And it was terrible for the MMO part: playing with friends. We were all doing solo content for weeks. Not sure THAT is blizzards intention. But the OP apparently canceled sub. Also a solution nobody wants.

Rep grind is nothing fun and brings no good to the game at all. We needed a fun non-timegated questline for achieving flying.

1 Like

i unlocked flying today by onley doing emmisary for 1500 rep, its doable and just takes time.

whould i like to have flying for gold? yes but blizzard wants our playtime so i am afraid that it will never happen again except if they start asking 300k gold for it so they can sell tokens.

What stopped you doing it as a group? Is there some hidden mechanic that as soon as you group up that the world quests disappear? As long as you don’t try and do it in groups of more than 5 you should be fine.

I did the majority of my world quests in Legion using the WQGF addon so there were almost always 2-3 of us doing the quests together.

Granted, let’s assume it would cost gold. Given inflation of gold now we’d be looking at approximately something between 300k-500k per char for flying.

I know this might benefit richbois and token sellers, but i would rather grind for 2 weeks on 1 char for an hour a day than invest countless hours of grinding mats or gaming the AH to maintain 500k splashes for my alts. Even if I could do it in one sess or two, 10 hour stints to make the money for only one char? No thanks

Everyone logs in at a different times and have different free days. We can make appointments at set times for dungeons and raids but we are not going to wait to do a story and daily nazjatar bodyguard quests for everyone to group up. Sure we have done here or there something together, but i am really not making an appointment for doing the daily emissary with my 4 friends in my M+ group. We talked about ‘what have you done already’ in the chat, and it ended up with almost no shared free available time for group-content.

I work full time. I get online at 19:30. We have somewhat like a daily dungeon appointments at 20:00 (on no raid evening, and in the weekend times are different too). 2 in my group are from the UK so they are very happy to make it at 20:00 servertime online since it is there 19:00 and they also work full time. 2 others are from finland so they are 2 hours ahead of the brits.

It is just not going to work to also do emissaries, nazjatar bodyguard quests, mechagon dailies together. So we all grinded the solo content. And still players are grinding spare parts since that is apparently the bis essence.

More solo-content hurts playing with friends. The ‘hidden mechanic’ is that we are happy when we have a couple of hours together per day. And we would like to do dungeons.

And i have no idea how to do stuff like pick up seaweeds or candycrushes or need it all etc is doable in a group.