Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

This. I rather do all the content you have to do for pathfinder while allready having flying. I would enjoy it much more and i could do every day what ever i wish. Those times when we were able to buy flying i was busy doing things every day, i didn’t get bored of any content and i played much MORE than now.

2 Likes

Sounds like i must have. I dont understand the mentality at all. “I want something but i dont want to have to earn it” well sh*t, good luck real life, sounds like you’re f**ked

How does this relate to real life?
In a game we are looking for fun. And yes we want to work for it, but mostly just have fun. Grinding daily repetive same solo content quests just for a number to go up is not fun. I keep saying I would have loved an alternative questline of like 1 or 2 hours in this update for getting flying. Then we would have done something fun with our time.

1 Like

These daily quests are not just for flying. They are for benthic gear, pearls, azerite, war resources, gold and essences. You are literally playing the game…it is not solely for flying.

What does RPG stand for?

What you are describing baiscally amounts to; i want something more convenient.

Weird, since thats the number one criticism for the game’s decline in quality.

Let mw put it to you this way. Why should i have to raid to get raid level gear? Why cant i get it from pet battles?

Why is reputation a resource for flying? Raiding for raid gear is pretty logical. I do not see the connection of reputation with flying. Specific mounts and pets for that area/reputation, indeed. But flying?

The decline of WoW is exactly because of this kind of onlogical stuff. With having to do hard work for something like flying. Or because of we are playing a slot machine and can not select obtainable BiS gear by the content we would like to do. The lack of fun engaging storylines with a nice reward.

No PvP-vendors. No raidset pieces anymore. No specific pvp gear. You can not set goals and do fun content you choose to do and get profit out of it. It is also for a reason disappointment-weeklychest-day.

4 Likes

I would rather see mob spam area reworked. Walking is okay till you can walk in peace, without 100 mobs running to you.

Let me put it this way: what if you would have to do Pathfinder to be able to enter raids at all? First pathfinder 1 then later pathfinder 2 (which ofc would come available but less than year from expansion release).

This is not issue about people “not wanting to work for stuff” this is issue about removing something that was widely available from reaching the max level and making you to wait almost a year and jumping through hoops to get it back.

4 Likes

Flying is an abomination, degrading significantly the game. W-PvP hammered hard and the whole world shrunk to oases of set-pieces surrounded by a wasteland of inactivity. So Ion wants to scrap completely flying? He gets my vote.

2 Likes

Sub cancelled.
I’m buying an Orc Catamaran instead.
It’s basically 2 Humans lashed together with a bucket on top
and a Gnomeskin sail.
It’s very nice.

1 Like

probably you are right. But i think the number of “nothin to do” topics would be high.
I have to say in any case that with this Pathfinder im playin not to have fun but like im having a 2nd job.
I have to play just to reach the flyin thing. And adding that im barely playin lately (no time cuz irl stuff) this isn a good thing.
I have in my pack the battered hilt since november. But every time i login i have to do mechagon rep. (naz is done). And is a pity
This is just a personal note on flight. Ofc with more time i would involve my chars in m+ and serious raid…

2 Likes

So you don’t want to spend time on the game to achieve something you want? I get how rep is just a world quest tracker, but you gotta put something in to get something out.

Why did we change something that was perfect. Flying in peak of wow which was wotlk was available for gold. I never saw a single soul complaining.

2 Likes

i love achieve rep. is the only thing im pursuiing since the begin. Is the Doin-a-job syndrome that possess me that is “deprecable”.

At this point in the expansion you had to go out of your way to NOT get Pathfinder 1 and 2. You get it automatically while playing the game normally.

And if you never done Worldquests anyways, what do you need flying for?

These kinds of ultimatums have been the driving force for change in WoW past, I hope the dev team has learned better.

I can come up with several reason depending on the context of what precisely you are asking.

One in game answer could be; you previously bought the training with gold but this time sround you need the natives to train you and gold isnt answer interesting to them as your help is, plus they know they can trust you with that knowledge.

A mechanical reason could be that people complain that certain content is meaningless compared to others, so they gave it meaning.

Way back when mounts and flying were both hard to get. By wrath time earning 5k was much easier so wrath babies think it always was easy.

Faulty analogy. You are equating the convenience of flying with raiding. One of the biggest pieces of playable content in the game

1 Like

It would be nice if you could just say pay 1k gold to unlock flying, but it’s not going to happen. Things have come too far along.

You are forgetting that different players value different things in this game. But my analogy was about removing something that used to be available from max level and how it feels. You might not put much value for flying but i was hoping my analogy would help you understand how pathfinder feels for someone who does. You might see flying just as convenience but it doesn’t mean other people feel same way about it.

1 Like

It is not a couple of weeks…