Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

Not from Argent Tournament but you wouldn’t have got into a raid without the Sons of Hodir shoulder enchants as they were BIS for most classes

Lol. You could get exalted with sons of hodir in a single day. Unlike bfa which needs several weeks.

1 Like

No you couldn’t. This was only possible after catchup mechanics were implemented.

Relic of Ulduar was in the game from 3.0.1 my dear. And that was enough after doing the quests there. Get schooled.

People cry too much over Nazjatar gameplay without flying…I rarely had problem in that map.Half or the mobs are yellow there, all of them are not hostile, they dismounted me once or twice throughout the ground journey and there were alot of passages to climb and go down or you can find a water to jump in from the cliff.Sometimes it goes wrong tho I thought to jump into the water once and realized the water wasn’t as deep as I expected upon seeing the release spirit button.

Some people don’t like Nazjatar. I can’t stand it, yet I’m required to do world quests and daily quests there for days watching the rep bar tick up pixel by pixel, just to earn flying out in Zandalar and Kul Tiras. It’s likely I’d never ever set foot on Mechagon or Nazjatar ever again, yet I’ve got to do that work in there to get flying everywhere else. It’s unreasonable.

With the pathfinder system, since Blizzard insisted on using it again in BfA instead of doing the right thing and selling it for gold, it should have unlocked flying in Zandalar and Kul Tiras when you completed part 1, leaving Nazjatar and Mechagon for people who wanted to fly there too. The only place I’d fly in Nazjatar is back to the damn portal as fast as possible to get the hell out of there.

As it is, I don’t expect to have flying until the next expansion. A month after the level cap goes up I can hopefully do those quests without frustration. I am levelling a Rogue at the moment in the hope I have more survivability and escape from crap when it goes wrong, but due to scaling, mob swarms, annoying quests and overtuning I’m not being too optimistic about having BfA flying during BfA, which is something of a design flaw in my opinion.

1 Like

My advice is to just go slowly through some pain. Next expac is 1 year away… And you will enjoy flying. There is a weekly quest for 500 rep on nazjatar in the lab, usually an emissary for 1500 and for every level you give to a bodyguard you get 250 (but that is 3 quests). Just do a WQ here or there. You do not need to clear the area. Take your time, it is still worth it.

Next class in school is maths

Lets assume you got to honoured, quests alone didnt get you that far but whatever. So you need 33k rep to get to exalted. Hodir’s Tribute rewardes you 325 rep for 10 relics. That relic had at BEST a 40% drop rate which mean an average of 25 kills of the right mobs per 10. And you would beed to complete this quest 102 times before you were exalted. Thats 2550 mobs.

One day? Yerite

You can’t kill 2550 mobs in a day ? Buy the relics. You don’t like those methods ? Do some daily quests. You don’t like any methods above ? Git gud.

I pick 2550 mob kills over weeks of grind any day. It is way easier.

Killing each of the mobs will take something between 10 to 20 secs so we say 15 secs (even though it is probably less). Killing 3000 of those (i say 3000 to make it even more difficult)
15 x 3000 ÷ 60 ÷ 60 = 12.5 hours.
Each day has 24 hours. So yeah you can do it in a day.
Btw this was the worst case scenario and i didn’t even consider aoe grinding which is way easier or grinding with high gear which is way faster.

How much was your math score my man ?

Also you can get a variation of those enchants by just being honored.

Nope, dont have a day with a spare 13 hours rolling about. Its weird that you do if you were playing in wrath and thus are an adult today.

In any case my math is okay, im no physicist though. Still cant figure how you are so certain. 2550 mobs in one day, not any mobs, the right mobs, in a world with no aoe loot, and no sharing once it is tagged, so other players are a factor. Even though mobs respawn there will be down peroids as well. Not even considering if you were on a pvp server.

Still gonna call B/S on the claim you could do it in a day. I also find it funny you are defending this when even at the hilarious lowball estimate of 12 hours (again, leveling quests didnt get you to honored) that seems longer to get exalted than any of the BFA factions in terms of playing time.

Still let me give this math a go

Lets say 12 seconds per kill, i think that a lowball but okay it accounts better for cleaving/aoe. Lets also say its an average of 5 seconds movement between mobs, 2 seconds to loot including movement. There are 30 mobs in the area and I’ll highball it that 20 of these 30 are worthwhile. You also have a 0.7 probability of tagging and killing each. An average respawn timer of 5 minutes.

So that would look something like (12+5+2)x((30x0.66)x0.7)
Which is 264 seconds for about 6 relics. And then you have approximately 36 seconds down time unless you fly elsewhere.

1 Like

Well there is an area in storm peaks where you can farm it with no actual downtime.

Beside you can farm some gold instead of these relics and buy the relics which would be prohably easier because you can make alot of gold from alchemy.

The flexibility in these reps are the point here. If you really want them you could get them in a single day. And as i mentioned there are 3 viable way to go from honored to exalted. In Bfa we only have 1 viable way and that is time gated.

So idk what your argument even is here.

Not that i ever saw there wasn’t.

My point is the current pathfinder is comparatively easier than the older systems. Especially given how much time we have had to get said rep ahead of time.

I dont beleive anyone who could do what you are claiming in a day would be whining about it at all.

No I believe paying gold once you are max level for flying mount is alot more flexible and gives the players the option to do the content they enjoy. I knew people in wotlk that had no interests in any reps and still managed to do fantastic in raids.

This forced time gated rep grind needs to stop.

Not really since some things are more lucrative than others. Also what if it wasnt a trivial amount of gold?

Lets say the new cost for flying was 10 million. Still think that beats a rep grind?

5k gold was more like 300k-500k than 10m in bc and yes I still prefer gold option.

This would actually make the game better since people can’t just manage 10 characters like now.

At which point you massively drive another wedge into the playerbase. As it stands the pathfinder system is fair in that anyone can do it assuming they actually play the game over the course of a few months. If you made the gold price for flying up in the region of 300k-500k there would be a lot of players like me who would massively struggle to afford flying without being forced to buy tokens.

Those of us who either didn’t or couldn’t play during the WOD gold gravy train days would be at a massive disadvantage against those who did, or those who play the AH.

With pathfinder we don’t need to have a massive stockpile of gold to afford flying we can gradually work our way towards it by playing the game.

FWIW I was away on ship for the majority of WOD so I wasn’t around when the big gold making missions were available. I also have neither WOD flying nor currently BFA flying, although I am working my way towards the latter and slowly progressing pathfinder part 1.

2 Likes

Not really since you couldn’t buy gold (legally at least) in TBC. Nor was the 5k fast flying price comparable to the price of gear, which 300k-500k is today. 10 million is probably comparatively high, but the point is what if the gold costs were originally, the epic mount in vanilla, the fast flying in TBC, were not affordable to more people than who could afford it.

Beyond that, I refer to exactly to what Osangar says above.

The price would never be hundreds of thousands of gold. It should be the same system it was previously when sold for gold, which is an amount the player may have gathered just through levelling, maybe a little more so they’ve got to save just a bit extra to reach their goal. Not hundreds of thousands as that’s not based on normal gameplay, as you pointed out yourself.

Pathfinder is grossly unfair, considering different people play different classes, some of which are far better suited to dealing with the content than others, different players do different things to get geared for Nazjatar, like a solo player or someone in a small guild who just does the occasional dungeon or even no dungeons at all, is far less geared than someone who raids regularly, and people also have different personal skill-levels and limitations.

Personally I’ve been doing a lot of world quests in Zandalar and Kul Tiras to the point where I’ve unlocked allied races and even during that process my gear level is still only around 370 and that’s with some Nazjatar gear too. If I’d been in a raiding guild playing a stronger class I wouldn’t be having any problems with Nazjatar, judging by a lot of responses in this thread. Is Pathfinder fair? Really?

1 Like

For which classes is pathfinder “unfair” and why? Can you be specific?

I find this quite an Extraordinary claim to make, as you’re essentially claiming that some classes have an advantage compared to others that is so vast, that some are left in a state of being “unfairly dealt” making their ability to do this kind of content (world quests, dailies…) extremely difficult.

I can’t think of one class that would find that level of Content difficult off the top of my head. Some may be slower (healers) but that’s it, and those healers can usually respec to a Dps to quest anyway until their gear peaks.

Pathfinder is immeasurably fair imo. It asks for about for more reasonable amounts of playtime by gating it into small chunks rather than presenting it as a vast, non gated grind which rewards those who can play for over 8 hours a day. Nor does it advantage those who have time/resources to make gold compared to others.

It’s not perfect, it’s arguably boring, but I think it’s quite fair. The only thing that stops people realistically achieving it is their own decisions regarding their playtime. Not their resources, and not the amount of time they can play.

2 Likes

Yeah. You’re right. Nobody ever said there was a problem with class balance or anything. Clothies have the same armour as plate users. Tank specs don’t have mitigation or anything. Rogues don’t have vanish. Hunters don’t have feign death.

Etc.