Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

Its been nice having you goodbye

Actually no it wasnt historically. It was significantly more than you would earn naturally.

Also thevidea that the current pathfinder is unfair is a weird claim. The only people at a “disadvantage” are tanks and healer geared players who kill much slower. But given their toughness its what I’d call a trade off. If you feel you are at a significant disadvantage im sorry but its more likely that its skill based.

The system when it previously sold for gold was quite prohibitive until you started farming for gold. Same as the mount at 40 in Vanilla or 60% flying in TBC or cold weather flying in Wrath. All of those required serious time investments for the casual player to earn enough gold to buy them.

1 Like

Or should you say; even more of an investment. Casual players still need to invest time for gold for potiond, food, repairs etc, plus any given time professions need and then rep as well if the rewards were sufficient

You’re supposed to put your hours at work so you can afford to have fun gaming. Not to put in hours at work to afford the oppertunity to put in the work to be able to have fun while gaming.

Nah this is a problem that blizz has created only to be able to offer up a solution that benefits them alone.

They want you to fight their battles. It’s so easy for them to ignore reasonable questions and natural pushback when people like you put in so much time to silence it.

Why do you do it though?
Do you take pride in having done the grind?
Are you attributing the effort to some personality trait?
Do you think the precived payoff is worth the investment?
Do you understand the actual value of an average person’s time?
Do you have too much spare time?
Do you not care about other people’s opinion ?
Do you think it’s fun?
Do you agree that a year long drawn outh pathfinder with 5+ seperate rep grinds is a good and fun addittion to the game?
Did you know that blizzard claims to make game and balance decitions based on fun?
If you did it, did you enjoy it?
Do you think the game can be enjiyed fully and equally without doing it?
Do you think flying gives an advantage?

I dunno man. I work 10 hours a day. People say it takes this and this amount of time to get and they’re refferring to the fastest and most efficient way possible.it’s simply not the reality for the majority.
It’s actually unreasonable.

Time is the most valuable thing you’re ever gonna have. Don’t sell it so short for a company that doesn’t even know you exist.

2 Likes

Should the game give me the best gear because I don’t enjoy raiding?
Its a game. I work to play it.
I shouldn’t have to raid to get the gear I want.
Same principle no?

1 Like

I get what you’re trying to say,but it’s not the same, no.

Again do you feel like flying needs to be gatekept?

I mean it has been a part of the game since forever. Following the same tried and true formula that people enjoy. Fair and reasonable.

Gear is the very thing that drives the game forward. Gear is the reason people stick around at all. Gear is the only goal after you’re caught up in tje story. To get stronger and evolve.

Besides. Any other mmo that has flying is doing fine without this gate. No problem.

I mean… “ok so you’re saying that you should just get max gold/raid unlocked/story finished/zones explored/all transmogs/etc etc for logging in? Is that what you’re saying?” is kinda hyperbolic…

I mean what if they increased the chance of like being dazed, which has always been in the game in a predictable and very understandable format, and then made up an annoying fix to get around it? Then when people complaind about having something trivial being blown up like that, the reply would be ćoh so I guess you just want full raid gear for logging in huh? You so weak willed you can’t even put in the work?"

Any sense of accomplishment gained from this is superficial at best. At worst it’s straight up delusional imo.

and if you’re a more casual player who finds working for flying to be rewarding?
Should this view point be scrapped and their future playtime be diminished because its not something you personally enjoy?

Not just me personally,obviously.

Let me answer with a question.

What about those of us, who played casually and proactively managed our gold to be able to afford flying for over 10 years.
Does our way of playing mean nothing? Are we to just go away and find other things to do because you said so?

Why not both?

because one creates a level playing field where all are equal entering an expansion.
The other favours those who have entered the expansion already hitting it.

See I disagree. Right now it favours those with more time to committ.
I get the argument that “more time is more gained”, but then it’s not really equal is it?

Flying gives such a large advantage in pvp too that you simply can’t gou outside without a raid group anymore if you don’t have it.

This means that some players with limited time who play the game for wpvp has to just stop playing when pathfinder is unlocked. They can’t continue until they have flying like everybody else.

That’s not equal.

Same with peopme who are held up for a few months.

Flying has allways been and is still such a big part of the game that it’s gamebraking not to have it for a lot of people. Unless it’s just unlocked for everyone at max lvl or removed entierly.

2 Likes

Alting with flying mount would be cool.
I’m half way trough the achievements on main and I just can’t force myself to finish it.
Rep grind is the worst.

3 Likes

What do you mean? We’ve had months to earn the rep which only takes a few weeks to earn, and we knew flying would require this before the release of the expansion

So to people who still don’t have it, it can only assume they kind of need to get their @#£% together (unless of course they don’t really care about flying, in which case fair enough).

You gotta read what I said

Nothing you said remotely responses to my question. Thats why i asked it.

im in the same boat, i subbed for a month to see whats up. currently on part 2 (honoured with both new factions) and gave up.

nazjatar sucks on foot, at least in the new gnome area you can get the jetpack. although the island is so small and generally flat theres no real need

im nearing the end of my sub and all ive done so far is WQ’s for rep. wanted to tank some time walking as the event was up maybe do some pvp for the previous tier transmogs. but i just dont have time due to all these god damned WQ’s being my only source of rep

then they hide the quest mobs in god damn caves at the foot of a huge mountain making you circle the piece of poo rock for ages before giving up and checking wowhead

i thought doing a race change to the new troll would spice things up. but ive been trying to get this last 1k rep to exhalted for 3 days now and then i realised even with a new model ill still be doing this same crap for many more days. f that.

the most fun i had farming rep was when tabbards granted faction rep in dungeons. i could do whatever i wanted and still progress in rep, now its just WQ’s all day every god damned day.

9 Likes

Its so stupid they fill up a zone with mobs to the point you cant even go through it if you are using the roads because you will get dismounted after the second hit. its basically impossible to move around without fly mount and the fact that others are already got it it just makes it even more pain to reach anywhere in time.

4 Likes

If only there were a mount mod for that…

Well there’s a guy thats never coming back. Good riddens i say.

Honestly, and this is from my point of view, Path Finder Part Two should not be hard time-gated. Maybe not right away, but it should give options as time goes on to get it easier.

Seeing everyone flying around while you’re stuck on land is really off putting to me as a player this far ahead.

I have the drive to go out and binge the rest of part 2, but putting it in the same boat as part 1 is really unattractive.

Part 1 is fine gated mainly because not only did it extend time while getting there, the world was so much bigger too.

Part 2 gated is all claustrophobic. It was the same way in Legion.