Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

I’d just like to point out that while the OP may be long gone, flying wouldn’t actually change anything.

Flying wouldn’t stop the available content from being dull.

1 Like

Oh, this thread is back?

I think I said it before, but the only objection I have to rep-for-flight is when it applies to old expansions. WoD and Legion flying should just be a simple gold cost. It’s fine if the current expansion requires to you play it in order to earn your wings. It is a reward for being bothered, and it is not hard to achieve as long as - again - we are talking about the current expansion, because it will simply fall out of playing the game.

Grinding reputation is not just playing the game. You can be very active with dungeons, raid, warfronts, islands, professions, and you do not get reputation. Only WQ’s/dailies (and emmisaries) give it.

So 4th of July will take a while, maybe we can start with transfering your ingame gold to my account already? Also any items that seem worthy I could take care of.

I am discrete and provide full cooperation in the process. Please tell me how we can proceed as soon as possible.

It was a post of 28th of june. Had would be nice you had a constructive addition to the topic.

1 Like

What did you do until 8.2?

At first i hated the path finder. But i actualy enjoyed doing it. It dont take long as you think. And by doing pathfinder you get alot of exp for the heart of azeroth. The longest part is geting revered with factions. Again dont take long if you do all world quests every day which also lvl the heart and increase gold. And some nice gear too. Once you do it. You have achived flying it makes you fell epic . Then you can lvl alts easyer as they can fly

They never should’ve gated flying in zuldazar and kul tiras behind gnome and nazjatar rep. I guess they didnt want another argus where you coulnd fly but why not separate flying ?

“oh btw, we made new land, so you have to play it to the ENDLESS SENSELESS ETERNITY to be able to fly back in zuldazar, have fun” lol. NO !

1 Like

I’m surprised Blizzard get away with time-gating the way they do. Considering we all pay a sub regardless of whether we’re logged in or not, it seems at best dishonest to block us from progressing whatever we want to progress. It’s like netflix or somebody taking your £9.99 a month and then telling you you’re not allowed to watch the content you want to see until after you sit through the worst movie imaginable 30 times first.

Anyway pathfinder is just one thing on a list of crap that’s going to bite them on the backside when they release another expansion and people don’t buy it. Right now it seems like everybody has something in wow they hate and tbh you’ve got to be some kind of massochist to go out and pay £60 for a new expac to a game that annoys you that much, not to mention paying subs for a game that’s so time gated.

1 Like

While true, you’re also overestimating the problem of rep gain. Do the Mechagon daily for 850 rep in 10 minutes. Get your Nazjatar bodyguards up a few levels. Combined total 20-25 mins per day; if you have time to be very active in dungeons, raids, warfronts and islands, you surely can add a few minutes into your day. Everyone else did this; you’re not at a disadvantage vs anyone else.

And as far as I, and I think many players, are concerned, the useful extras like pearls, benthics, and chances of rare mounts are worth doing up to and beyond the point of exalted.

There is also the mission table; it’s easy to find several 450+ rep missions per day, and takes minutes.

Rep gain is not hard. Cherrypick emissaries; do the 1-mob kill quests and runic chests on days when you have a few extra minutes. You don’t need to grind it for hours per day, just 30 mins will do just fine if you commit to it for a month. You are committing that time in order to get flying for the current patch, and it is worth it in the long haul. It’s no different to running the same raid 29 times to finally get your drop.

It took me a bit more than 3 weeks to get flying. It was depending on the available quest 60 to 120 minutes a day. I hated every grind second of it. Of course i did it, i am not the OP. But it is not having fun playing the game doing the same bodyguard or WQ quests every day.

It is just not fun. It is a mindset of ‘ok, i have to do this stuff now for some weeks’. Also it totally hurted my groupplay. Our M+ group did 1 evening a week 1 or 2 dungeons so we were able to do the dailies.

And that is just Nazjatar and Mecha. Think about a new or returning player now :grimacing: What a terrible experience would that be.

2 Likes

1-2 hours/day is only for fastest-possible flyng however. Best ROI is to do the 850 rep daily in Mecha, and the 3 bodyguard quests in Nazjatar. You don’t need to be taking every available daily. It’s a personal choice on whether you hit them all at indeed take 2 hours per day, or just the most efficient ones that should only need about 30 mins; the latter obviously takes longer, but you could use your freed time for 1-2 more dungeons per day. I chose the latter course, I got flying about 3-4 weeks after the first folks, and I really never cared about the difference.

It’s a luxury with no mechanical requirement for you to have it. If you chose to set aside your preferred content and grind it as fast as possible, that was your choice. Every M+ has a flightpoint.

It is not so personal choice when your whole group is doing it, so if i would not have done it, the group was not available anyway. And after i got the flying i was totally free’ed. It is so much better to casualy be able to fly to area’s you need to be. The experience with flying is so much better than without.

So in the end i can not call grinding that stupid number on a daily basis with the same unchallenging content ‘playing the game’. I am now also not getting reputation outside of emissaries (that have a 3 day time period instead of daily. A VERY big plus).

2 Likes

How much rep does that give ?

It’s not hard, it’s boring, unnecessary and time gated.

4 Likes

whats the wages like ? the game sucks big time and if your only interested in new players i know realise why so many have left wow for starwars the old repuplic ty for your post very revealing :slight_smile: btw answer my questions on my post honestly .

250 per level of a bodyguard :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I won’t be getting flying this expansion I absolutely detest mechagon the place is a boring chore and I don’t really want to go there everyday be it for 4 or 5 minutes so I can understand why people are upset by this. Doing rep grinding for a game mechanic thats available in the rest of the game is the wrong way to go about it and even in FFXIV it’s not a stupid grind.

1 Like

I always get surprised how big companies never seem to understand what their player base really wants.

1 Like

We want BFA