Sub Rework / current Sub problems

I made list of things what i hate about current Subtlety spec and suggestion for rework.
Let me know if you feel the same and what you guys hate about current Sub.
(don’t count Azerite sh*t system, it’s about core problems)

NightBlade
why do you have to put DoT on target to deal 15% “more” dmg ? and refresh it every 16 sec. ?! hello ?!
bullsh*t !!! make it generate Energy (so i can press more than 1 button every 3 sec. :expressionless: :sleeping: and wait 5 sec before i “burst” with shadowdance)

Shadow Techniques
i hate this RANDOM CP just pop up out of nowhere… DELETE it please !! :frowning:

Symbols of Death
oh wait… another 15% dmg buff ?.. seriously ?!

Shadow Dance
in PvP… gives us access to unlimited CC -> CC BOT (can’t have big burst) (this is biggest problem in PVP btw)
in PvE… it’s just main thing to press to deal normal dmg like putting NightBlade on target and get buffed by SOD.

►►REWORK suggestion:
add some passive for energy regen ! please.

NightBlade
rework (make it single target CP spender): Auto Attacks deals additional XXXX shadow damage to the target.
or bring back Slice and Dice generate energy like it was in WoD.

Shadow Dance
good old SD with 1 min. CD and 8 sec. duration.

Shadow Techniques
//edit: had bad idea for PvP, so i removed it
rework -> something different

Symbols of Death
rework -> empowers Eviscerate to deal 50% more dmg. (good old DFA :disappointed_relieved: ) + empowers Shuriken storm to deal 300% dmg and guaranteed crit. (this will allow you to use it on single or multi target).

1 Like

How to break CC in PvP in one lesson.

Some of the other things are quite unrealistic. You need to take into account the rest of the game. Sub has evolved, yes, not in the way we wanted, yes, but so did the game. If Sub gets an older design in the current game it might not fit in, will be too weak or too strong!

For instance I switched my second Rogue to Subtlety. I have good gear but not bis at all, and it’s an alt. With a non cheese build, so without DfA, without both Nightstalker and DfA, with classic pvp trinkets I did hit a 150k eviscerate in ranked arenas while having my target stunned and another guy sapped. Now imagine if I had bis gear, win oriented and we implemented your idea of +50% eviscerate damage. 225k would be a thing, in ranked arenas without stupid stuff., while cc’ing 2 targets. Completely broken. That’s the kind of stuff you need to think about.

Well I could read your message before deleting I believe.

I’ll let you know that usually when you type a forum post AND type something as “let me know what you think” then people can write stuff about it. For your info I played a lot of PvE as Sub in WoD and even Cataclysm.

I agree that removing DfA from the PvE side of things wasn’t good. As well as other things. That doesn’t change the fact that some od the changes you listed are a real spec issue for PvP and thus can’t be implemented no matter your feelings on a raid boss or mythic plus run. The spec has to be logic on all boards. If it’s designed around control for PvP then it shouldn’t be designed for automatic passive cleave in PvE because the two aren’t working together. In WoD for example the spec was working in a similar way in both environments, you just spent some Ambush Gcds on Cheap Shot in PvP during dance but the gameplay was overall the same, there wasn’t a mad +50% damage that would one-shot a player but look good on a boss, or passive “Ambush cleaves so you can never sap a Kidney in PvP because the other guy won’t be far enough so the cleave doesn’t break it”.

I myself am not fond of the current Sub spec in both PvP and PvE. I loved the idea of SnD, or having a bleed that lasts 24s (16s NB is ridiculous) and that dealt good damage on top of increasing damage taken by a significant amount (30% in WoD) because you had to be putting it and managing it properly so it would fit in your timers. The 16s NB for 15% (10% in PvP!) with Night’s Vengeance play style that makes you refresh before each dance for significant damage, which is often because dance is near spammable now, is kinda… weird, if not stupid. But, even if I don’t love current Sub, I’m going to react if suggestions for change aren’t realistic.

yea that one is stupid for PvP… let’s forget that one :smiley:

They can just nerf it in PvP instances (they did it to DFA on Legion)( NOT problem at all)
Sub was Glass cannon… now it’s CC bot because of tons of Shadow Dances :confused:
and blizz just can NOT give big burst to someone with that high CC capability.
this playstyle is not fun in PvP and it’s bad in PvE
by these ideas i wanna make it Glass Cannon again and make smoother playstyle for PvE to get that feeling like: now i’m gonna burst single target or now i’m gonna burtst multi target.

yea, i did not replay on that with clear mind, sorry for that :no_mouth:

I do not mind current sub, but, legion was better, and the big eviscerate during aoe were really cool.

Shadow techniques is not that great, and neither is nightblade, true they could rework shadow techniques to something else, and give something to do, a reason to keep up with nightblade, other than, because damage.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, so what is your problem with gloomblade, the only relevant ability on your bar exactly?

Other than it being the only relevant ability on your bar.

Pls topicstarter, dont try to make class design if u have no idea how it works.

In all honesty, sub IS about control, it’s about having windows of opportunities and not ruining everything, because you apply your CC perfectly.

Sub evis scaling was crap. Maybe its better now im unsure

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.