Suggestion for Malefic Rapture in 9.1

Hey everyone.

Many of us wish that Affliction Warlock Damage would mainly be DoT-Damage.

To compensate the big upcoming MR nerfs i would suggest a passiv Buff to MR:

Every time MR is used you gain a stackable Buff that amplifies the Damage of all your active DoTs by a certain percentage (maybe like 10% maybe more for it to be significant) stacking up to 10 (or more) times for 10-15 seconds.

At first this may sounds like big Numbers but considering DoTs are doing like max. 30% of our overall Damage i think it would be fine.

Would love to hear other thoughts about it.

1 Like

Outside of niche content (pvp), how does the redestribution of our damage from MR to Dots actually benefit us gameplay wise?

All that would change is bars in details and numbers popping up on your screen would be different. We’d still press the same buttons in the same order. How would that change anything?

2 Likes

Best solution: remove it!

Toward the end of each season PvP participation is getting pretty low, i’ll give you that. But even in PvE i think this change would shorten the rampup time.
If you can start a fight with 5 stacks from a previous fight for example, you would deal a good amount of your dps right after you dotted everything up.
Additionally it would’t matter as much, that you spend your shards a the right “window” when Cd’s are ready and every DoT up.
The Focus would rather lie on keeping the Stacks up.

As mentioned above, i wouldn’t be that important when to MR just as long you keep your stacks.

But if you consider PvP i think you’ll get my point.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.