Suggestions and considerations (Affliction)

I enjoy affli warlocks, but compared to the other classes, that have a lot of skill to survive, and also about the movement, something lacks.
Suggestion about improving pvp:

1. Slightly increase soul shard generation, through agony.
  2. Talent Nightfall: “Corruption has a chance to make the next unstable affliction instant and cost no soul shard, dealing half of the total damage istant, and remains unchanged the total damage over time. Limited to 5 as it is now.” At least you have a chance to not be kicked, interrupted, and you can maintain your dps slightly better, if you have a melee class on you. You can’t cast so easily, too many interrupts, stuns, silences.
  3. Drain Life and Drain Soul (passive): “Unstable Affliction has a chance, to make your next DL or DS, not iterruptible with interrupts”. So you can have a baseline spell usable, and you have the possibility to use better the azerite trait for the DL.
  4. Movement: portals are a good idea, a master of demonic portals. Demonic Portal, only this spell as a base line. Maximum 2 portals placed at the same time 30 sec cd each use. Istant cast, placing and teleporting. You place the beacon on the ground and you can choose where to go, simply facing the portal direction, using the ability to teleport. Distance 40 yard. When you place a third beacon, one of them you previous palced, will vanish.
  5. Demon Armor (PvP talent): “Decrease all damage taken to 10%, increase stamina to 10%, all snares cannot fall you under the normal movement speed.”

These are some things but there are a lot of things to do yet. What you think about these? Thank you.

2 Likes

Suggestions 2 and 5 would already make the spec be able to compete against others
pls implement

1. I agree, shard generation is low~ish and very RNG~ish, you need to agony up everybody and their pets if you want to reliably cast unstable affliction. And because agony is so short and dispellable, a lot of time is lost just recasting the damn thing at 4 stacks again.

2. No. I think unstable affliction has too much utility in dispel protection and increasing all your damage on the target to be given away for free like this. Not to mention how there’s already too much RNG with the soul shards.

3. Yes, definitely. It’s still RNG but acceptable RNG.

4. I dearly want demonic circle to be baseline again, but this is too much. Just give us the circle back, thanks.

5. Demon Armour is already very strong and almost mandatory, making it a permanent kiting tool is incredibly overkill. I’d much rather have a pvp talent for a revisited Curse of Exhaustion, something like 70% slow for 10 seconds on a 25 second cooldown.

About point 2, I was meaning that the unstable affliction, can proc istant and can be casted as usual. With the Nightfall procs, you could place and unstable affliction istant, while you are kiting someone, Unstable affliction can be casted as it is now. So you have more chances to put an unstable and mantain your dps, like other classes do. It’s our core spell, we need to keep it up, most time as possible. :slight_smile:

I understood what you meant, but unstable affliction is not supposed to be up 90-100% of the time. This is not wrath anymore. Dispel has 8 seconds cooldown. Debuffs must be balanced around that. UA is even more punishing because it silences the dispeller, so it can be used as a buffer for burst in addition to dispellable cc’s like Fear or Hammer of Justice.

Giving it away for free (through a proc for instacast + no shard) would make warlocks unreasonably strong against classes and specs that are supposed to exploit their weaknesses.

I would be content with increasing the shard rate a little and adding an on-use slow like the now-retired curse of exhaustion (for Affliction spec only).

I don’t see what this would do, since at the moment in 2s/3s you can’t spend your shards faster than you get them, unless you’re able to freecast, which happens like never. Even in RBGs where you get to freecast, you’re GCD capped by your 2 dots. Now I would be down with this if they gave us an instant cast, CDless shard spender.
Besides this would be a buff to PvE as well which we don’t need.

And I don’t think giving us a slow would do anything tbh, all the melees have good slows and mobility to keep up with you. Sure it would help a bit but not how much you think.

What we need are more defensive tools, whether it be a new defensive cooldown, straight up damage reduction, healing, whatever (wink wink Blizz, instant cast, CDless shard spender).

We have the damage already, we just can’t live long enough for it to start mattering, aka dampening.
Sure they could buff our damage by A LOT so we can kill stuff before ooming the healer, but I think that would be a bit over the top.

I really like those ideas. Especially the concept of UA proccing things like ideas 2 & 3, seeing as it is our main spell, or Shard dump. If you partnered this with a baseline Drain Soul and have Malefic grasp back, then you could do away with Shadow bolt.
I think this fits the identity of Affliction better and we would also have better Shard Generation as we could Shard snipe again. (Helps idea 1).
Baseline Demonic Circle and Instant Shadowfury I think is a must also.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.