Survival M+ Boss issues

Heyho you lovely Gamers, despite not being able to do many keys, since people like to kick me after checking out my spec, i did a few and i came across one certain boss that annoys the living hell out of me.

Grand Vizier Ertan (First Vortex Pinnacle boss).

Is it because I’m too bad to dodge the swirlies? Or is it because i can’t -edited by mods- use half of my abilities without dashing randomly through the boss for a juicy 90% HP loss and a nice dot, that not only ticks but also reduces haste.
Its the same wonky issue i had with the spider boss in the last tier, where even flanking strike just teleported me somewhere on the staircase.
And don’t get me wrong. I’m not even talking about harpoon, which is something i can choose to not use on those types of bosses. I’m talking Flanking Strike or BOTH of our “big…lol” CD’s from Talents Coordinated Assault and Spearhead, because they also got some wonky Jump included.

Not even to mention on the last boss in that dungeon, where FS teleported me outside of the safe-space while he was channeling his oneshot. But guess that was on me.

So I’d gladly appreciate some sort of hitbox adjustment please. I promise I’ll buy like 5 Tokens or some hotfix DLC.

Keyboard biting greetings, Youby

Survival has a bad rep, but it’s damage is actually pretty nice.

The problem is utility is pretty bad, there isn’t really a reason to bring survival, no ranged, defensive options are not great, pretty bad self healing, doesn’t really bring much utility to the group. So unless it blasts the meter, there is no reason to bring one, and sadly it doesn’t really perform better than pretty much any other melee spec.

The talent tree of survival is pretty bad though.

Same thing happened to me yesterday at 1st boss of VP! I used coordinated assault on the boss which is my dps cooldown and I killed myself by entering the boss inner aoe. This is disgraceful and need to be fixed.

Also. rooting effects from the harpoon should be somehow made optional because using this on a pull, screws up tank pulls and positioning, often leaving me 1v1ing the mob I harpooned/rooted which makes me loose dps by not cleaving the rest of mobs in a pack from the start, and I sometimes die of overaggroing even with misdirection.

This spec is undertested and needs some love.

On a side note, if you ask me, survival should be turned into a pet based tank spec. I would love to keep playing/maining a hunter as a tank and not to wait for hours in the lfg to get a group.

CA is a really stupid ability imho. Nothing like charging in from 40 yards away, only to activate your ranged abilities :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

They need to change it so that when pressed, your pet charged in and you do a shot animation for heavy damage, then on top of doing what it usually does, it gives a free charge of disengage or harpoon at increased 50% range for both

I dont play hunter, I tank.

When I make groups with my friends, they always ask that we avoid hunters - they just don’t want to babysit for an entire key.

They say its not defesives - its just hunters just take more damage, even when they play well.

Fix mail armor (shaman has same problem)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.