Surviving Fortified/Grievous/Sanguine as MW?

I’m mostly confident with +13s, have finished some 14s, and wouldn’t really expect to deplete a 12. At ilvl 212-214, I’ve been feeling less prone to running OOM than I used to and was just starting to decide that MW is ‘viable’ for the level of content I want to run, despite our current meme status with pugs.

So yesterday I started a DoS+13 with my guild. DK tank, rogue, boomie, hunter. All reliable players. I went in with Tear of Morning instead of ATotM because grievous sanguine means healing cleave has high value and melee isn’t a great spot to be.

And… we got wrecked. Every pack seemed to smack our tank down to 50% within a few seconds and I’d be in constant spam mode trying to hold up. First trash pack wiped us. Mask guy wiped us. Prideful wiped us.

We called it, dropped it to a 12 and started again. We finished it after about an hour.

I don’t necessarily feel like I was the single point of failure; we had a number of butt pulls, and one can always argue that more dps means mobs die faster and therefore the group takes less damage.

Still. It sucked. I went from feeling competent last week to feeling like garbage yesterday.

Advice? Is this affix combo just so awful that everyone feels like they’re running 3 levels above their comfort zone? Am I missing something about how to handle it?

Advice appreciated!

You need to check damage taken at logs if you have. Is your party good aka dodges sanguine or is slacking? Do you reposition mobs away from sanguine with ring of peace/typhoon when they are over or really close to sanguine so people wont touch sanguine :stuck_out_tongue: ? Do they use a health pot plus def cds if available when fighting pride to help you with stacking damage taken? Do they interrupt, stun, disorient, knockback etc casters so they dont hit people and start stacking debuffs?

On healing aspect all you can do is the usual with sanguine that you heal first the one with highest hp in order to get full hp and avoid stacking dot, i’m not sure u need to spam SO hard, ok there is maybe bit more dmg but not to make it impossible to run the dungeon. Also i see you have chi torped over tiger’s lust. You should tiger’s lust your tank to kite instead of facetank.
Obviously there is a dps check even with pride, u can’t let it live long enough.

1 Like

I had the same in Spires 15 yesterday, I was constantly healing almost everyone. Tank of course didn’t care for mana, and I ran into issues there. But I think it’s due to players standing in sanguine, dmg intake was just insane.

Can also be missed interrupts, and grevious also doesn’t help. I can manage grevious quite well, but for whatever reason some groups take so much dmg, it’s not funny any more :wink: And ofc it’s my fault :smiley:

Did melee take most dmg, or range as well ? Do take into account with fortified, missing an interrupt can mean either groupwide dmg, or a ranged player being targetted with whatever and taking dmg.

1 Like

I’ve opened a similar thread in the Spanish forum. Still waiting for answers.

This week as you know we have the affix of Grievous for the M +. So far I haven’t too many complications healing +13, +14 and + 15s (I’m a monk mistweaver). But this time I’m noticing that the monk is “weak” against this affix.

Usually in Pride I summon Chi-ji to heal the group at the same time, deal damage and put instant Enveloping. During the past weeks I had no problems with this strategy. But now with Grievous things change. With Chi-ji I am not able to heal the group in the Pride. Some stack 3 and 4 marks and if I don’t spam vivifys they go to the ground.

If we add that the Chi-ji doesn’t heal us if I don’t hit, maintaining the Renewings already generates GCD, if I have to launch a vivify without casting I have to wait the GCD of the Soothing, and that the Essence Font is not enough to maintain Pride area damage… I find myself in desperate situations every time Pride comes out, in which I have to demand everyone to use their defensive CDs or drink some life pot, because I am literally unable to prevent them from dying .

So I would like to ask other Mistweavers on the forum what kind of strategy they follow to overcome the Prides with Grievous. I also accept advice from other healers, it would be nice if we all help each other a little, being a healer is already quite ordeal.

Regards!

1 Like

Just run with a prot pala/dh, keep 4-5 renewing at any time, help with stun, play ToM, try to RSK only for refreshes and spinning crane kick for debuff, try to ring of peace if you see 2-3 mobs start casting and no interrupts available, ALSO if you want to make big pulls line of sight the mobs and stun. I find unholy DK for AMZ every pride a hot pick this week haha. And again, prio heal the one that has the highest hp always, unless tank is getting hit hard, so u have 1 dot ticking less.

1 Like

note that this amounts to about 90% of skill when playing MW and 300% effort compared to other healers

1 Like

Well you are right, another way is to equip your polearm or 2x1handers and do meta WW dps :smiley: and let the shaman deal with grievous hah

Obviously 4-5 rm is the general rule. As a healer you are supposed to know damage patterns of the dungeons and there are places that only 2 are enough.

1 Like

Yesterday i timed for the first time +6/7 ,i know its lowbie stuff but i play as main MW and was struggling a bit, but i still think we need better mana manage and some revamp, afther many many changes in my UI , new macros and keybinds , spend a few hours just practicing doing normal dung , and honestly felt great , but i still think we need some mana revamp etc for sure

1 Like

It does, but tbqh, I’m pretty good at doing that on instinct now. On rare occasion it drops off, e.g. if we’ve been out of combat for a bit then suddenly engage hard - but mostly I have at least 3 going.

the dungeon trash itself makes a big difference. we destroyed a plaguefall 13 with plenty time, and overall healing was 3.4k. Jumped into mists 13 afterwards and everyone was getting gutted on all the trash. overall healing was 5.2k and i was oom after every 2nd pull. same group, same tank, same method of operation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.