Suspicious Battleground players

i have been doing battlegrounds recently.
and i’ve noticed something very fishy.
we all know ilvl scaling is removed ( the better gear you are the stronger you are ) in prepatch.

so i am doing bgs and i face a couple of teams or single players who takes almost 10% damage out of a full 15k+ burst combo.

when i check these players, 99% of the time they have the same thing. an item level of 115 and their warcraftlogs page is untrackable.Know that 115 ilvl vs 135+ is a BIG DEAL.

so what do you think is this?

PvP scaling was removed.

There are way too many factors that could be at play here. How much versatility do they have. Were there any effects that they were under. Did they have a defensive cooldown up. What abilities did you use and in what sequence. We really need to see some numbers, video footage and test ourselves to make anything out of it.

With the information you provided, it is impossible to make any assumptions without sounding biased or inaccurate.

1 Like

this one is a enhancement shaman with stats of :13% crit 22% haste 34% mast 17% vers.
ilvl of 115 with 120 azerite gear.

he took 3k from a snipershot + 6k rapid fire + 3 aimshots.

from an open distance out of stealth, no counterstrike totem down or any defensives.(in other word a burst from no where)

and he still 1shot me.

Again, the information your provide still lacks an enormous amount of content. Azerite traits, procs, trinkets, essence procs, what azerite traits this shaman was using, which ones procced. maybe he got vers procs at some point in your combo. There are so so so many factors, without a video clip or some kind of full log of the encounter, it really is impossible to say for certain.

Right now all I can do is speculate that this person had >=15000 HP. Your aimed shots did approx. 2k damage each. Let’s say 1% of vers reduces your hits by 10 points. 17% reduces it by 170 points per attack. You will have done 9000 damage in approximation. Which means you are still 6k damage short of killing him.

Do you see how much information is lacking to conduct a proper research?

got a discord ill stream for you right now you’ll see.
then you can simple check every siingle enemy i try to 1shoot

post video ;p

i’m not recording?

things that didnt happen then

you realize sniper shot is 20% of the target total hp right? just that spell.

Except, since scaling was removed, if he saw he did 15k damage, he actually did 15k damage.

I’m assuming there’s more items who weren’t scaled down to 50. We all saw that rextroy video of him using that elemental that still did lvl 120 damage in prepatch and was oneshotting everyone.

now i’m interested to see this video, although i saw the scaling one. where did you see the shaman version?

He didn’t make one about Shamans, but maybe there’s something he hasn’t found to be completely broken. I’m talking about this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p2M29OUiYU

The Sea Totem wasn’t scaled to level 50, it did the same numbers as it did before prepatch and completely obliterated everything. :sweat_smile:

There are a gazilion defensive abilities + bg potion + versa + armor , All your dmg dealers are physical , what are you talking about ?

Look at the modifiers. Versatility, defensive passives, cooldowns, you may not have Saltwater or Berserking up when you burst, etc.

PvP Scaling is removed, and there were countless experiments concluded that proves that so.

i just got 1 shot by a ilvl 115 elemental shaman, on my PALADIN ! FULL VERSATILITY GEAR !
he hit me 5 times with lighning bolt 6k ea.
a freakjing 115 ilvl wtf ! FFFFFFFFFFFF

I Jumped into PvP today as a merc for the Alliance and I murdered so many hordies, paladins are my favourite they’re just waiting to be murdered.

Oh what a grand time I had.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.