SV Hunter Dragoflight Talents feedback

Hi everyone, Ive been playing SV hunter since legion. I do most types of content of raiding, M+ and Rated Areans, I’ve completed most raids on Heroic, +15 each dungeon each season and play Rated arena at 2K.

I know the current tree is just the alpha stage but since Blizz are looking at feedback id like to give my opinion on the good and bad for SV since I’m seeing it mostly come back on MM.

On the Main Hunter tree, having concussive shot as SV is going to be great, the pet side of the tree i cant really find any faults other that then 4% agility looks like a filler node. The main problem I have with the main tree is the choice node of Intimidation or Hi-explosive trap, Pet stun is just too good in most situations and I feel like Hi explosive is a niche pick that will rarely get picked, if it is to remain a choice node with stun, there would need to be something that may replace it at a level as impactful, for example Binding shot is really good for M+ when Necrotic Affix is at play and the tank needs to drop stacks. Instead of stunning one add its an option of aoe root.

Death Chakram vs Chakrams
As welcomed Death chakram is to all 3 specs as a generative CD that buffs all damage, I’m concerned that Chakrams isn’t going to see much play due to the outweighing benefits of DC. Having all your damage increased by 10%, doing more damage and also giving 21 focus with only 15 seconds cd difference than its other choice just seems too good to pick. I know damage tuning of spells is the last thing that happens before pre-patch/Live but Chakrams is going to need some love, either to hit harder or a lower CD in order to compete with Death Chakrams.

As for the SV tree, it just feels like a Soulbind tree more than anything.
Extra stats can be nice but there’s too much of it here, Guerrilla tactics needs to just be part of Wildfire bomb, its been stapled in since the rework of SV in BFA, bombs are a huge part of SV damage and the fact we need to put a point into GT to just progress into more bomb talents feels like a waste, my suggestion would be to add the 2 charges and initial damage to Wildfire bomb and replace explosive expert with Wildfire Cluster. (I’ll come back to Explosive expert later)

I really like the fact that we can have Tip of the spear, Mongoose and flanking all at once, the most fun in Torgast with Anima powers for me was getting Mongoose strike and Tip of the spear. But having the two paths of grenades and Raptor/Mogoose just isnt the best. I get one is AOE and One is more Single target, One ranged one Melee, but in most situations you end up going down the grenade path to improved Wildfire bomb then nothing past that is really worth taking so you just go down the Raptor path.

This mainly comes down to two talent nodes that stops any further progression, Deadly Duo and Explosive Expert. Both have so little chance to make any impactful gameplay that there isn’t any point in choosing them. Deadly duo relying on KC resets has to be the biggest part of it. You have to spend 1-3 points in predator to get KC to reset and then on top of that we need to spend another 1-3 points so that there’s a 15% chance to give you a Kill shot. If we do the math the tool tip should just say you have a 3.75% chance to proc a kill shot when using Kill command. to bare in mind that would be the 15% of the 25% chance, it could be as low as 0.4% chance to proc if I decided to point 1 point in each of these trees. Spending 6 talent points for a 3.75% chance of something doesn’t feel good or engaging which leads to explosive expert. There is going to be so low chances of kill shots that this isn’t going to get as full use. It might be ok in Raid situations when the boss drops below 20% hp and you might get a few more bombs out in the last fifth of the fight which could be ok. Mythic plus doesn’t seem that good for it, you could use it on an add that is low to get one more bomb out before the rest of the pack dies but one bomb at the end of a trash pack might not even have its full duration run. bombs have a base CD of 18 seconds, with haste gear its closer to 13 seconds, there’s still a chance you could not get any value from this talent at all from it.

Lunge needs to just be a single point for 3 yards extra like outlaw has.
Kill companion and energetic Ally need to be moved somewhere else on the tree. You would imagine the Talent that gives you more maximum focus would be near the focus spending side of the tree and not the side that costs 0 focus to do anything. my suggestion would add a 3rd split somewhere for more pet related talents such as Ferocity, Killer companion, Energetic Ally, Deadly Duo that triggers of something else(Bomb Crits?), Precision and at the bottom have Coord Assault and Spearhead join up with the single target tree which would make sense on a fantasy level also of having talents for you the hunter and your pet.
Lastly Coordinated Kill. Unless Kill command hits really hard, this cant be a talent that’s this low down. I get it needs to be under Coord assault but your generator spell crittitng when your cooldown is up, isnt worth the amount of points for this small talent.

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.