SV hunter PvP Help

Hey there people,im new to hunters and I enjoy a lot, so im wondering if there sany good experienced hunter that can help me out with basics for SV hunter in pvp.I don’t care about arenas,so only bgs and duels.

-What are the best azerite traits and essences and trinkets for a single target damage,to nuke people as fast as possible ?

-I found that stat priority goes like this : haste>vers>mastery>crit,is it right ?

-I prefer running with alpha predator/bloodseeker its easier to manage damage with those 2 unlike having vipers venom and crows…

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sv-when-should-i-leave-range-and-go-melee/67844/17 try reading this, it’sa good introduction :smiley:

Thanks…

sorry was very tired and read only the forst part of your post, then noticed you asked about surv pvp and my brain defaulted to “oh roght someone else asked about pvp” and i sent you to that thread even tho it wasn’t what you were asking ahah, guess i should pay more attention to what i do when i wake up ahah.

-your stat priority is mostly right, as you may know stat values change when you get more stats so Always remember to run a statweight on raid bots(if you don’t know how tell me i can explain).

-as for azerite i raccomend latent poison, if you have more then one target and you use serpent sting on both (as you should) you’ll get a nice burst of damage when you switch. Undulating tides is also technically good and does indeed do a lot of damage when it procs, but if you end up with less then 50% hp you’ll get a shield (which mind you it’s pretty big so it’s not that bad) and the trait will go on cd for 45 sec and stop doing damage.Blur of talons is theorically good, but i don’t personally like it too much for pvp, it’s probably still really good but i wouldn’t really bet on this one.

-vipers venom is probably better, you need an insane amount of haste and a couple of blur of talons and the talent to extend coordinated assault to make Alpha predator work, so i’d prolly recommend vipers venom, but don’t mind it too much just play what you like, i also like Alpha predator very much and think it should be baseline so.

hope this helps a bit more, i’m not really an expert pvp survival, but i have some general knowledge about the class and experimented with it a bit. sorry again for not paying attention at first :p.

Edit: forgot about essences and trinkets :p.

-when you have rank 3 essence of the focusing iris i’d use that, it’s a mobile spell with a lot of burst and aoe so it’s probably one of the best. If you don’t have it i’d say that crucible of flames is still pretty good, it’s versatile because it can turn in an Emergency heal and can do some good burst. This would be my first 2 choices.

-as for trinkets, the mechagon trinket with the red card that you get when you are exalted or revered can’t really remember called cyclotronic burst (if i remember correctly) is very good, it’s a 1.5 sec cast that does a 2.5 sec channel for a lot of damage, and also scales with haste and crit so it’s a very good trinket for pvp. As for the passive one, i’d say get the dribbling inkpod from orgozoa, it’s a very good burst when you take someone low enough.

Unrelated to your direct questions, but I’ve found in pvp, a lot of hunters grossly underuse their traps.
Frost and Tar are both great for some amount of crowd control so abuse them when possible

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.