Sylvanas is one overpowered b****

From the trailer, it looks like she crushes the Lich King more or less like a bug. That surprised me to be honest.

What happens to a de-throwned Lich King? Time for a warm cup of tea at last? J/K

I understand if Sylvanas has a grudge against him, though he seems more like a bump on the road at this stage of her plan. She can thank him for becoming a banshee, I suppose, and all the power that came with it. But I don’t think she’s inclined to given all the misery that it has caused her.

I don’t know… but I look forward to see how far she can take things. She is given quite some stage time these days.

2 Likes

Well, at Blizzcon they said that he would be our guide into the Shadowlands, so it doesn’t seem like he will by in Sylvanas’ power for long - if she even bothered to capture him at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the Saurfang of the coming addon, HD cinematic arc and all.

1 Like

looks to Jaina, Malfurion, Velen, Tyrande and Thrall pre nerf.

I didn’t hear any of you complain when it was the non Sylvanas people soloing armies and taking out bigger people on their own. Get real.

11 Likes

Nathanos is also more powerful than the most powerful druid and Elune combined

6 Likes

I mean, Malfurion is fair enough, he is supposed to be extremely powerful as far as all lore sources really goes… exceptin’ the game appearantly.

The rest though, fodder.

If he was, he wouldn’t have fled the battle after losing a Valkyr, he would have beaten them.
Not being completely obliterated by X seems to equal “being more powerful” than X in some people’s minds.

4 Likes

As he should be, what a chad.

3 Likes

well most of Arthas powers came from frosmourne also, Bolvar didnt have that power, so he was more or less weaker than sylvanas in a fight, and he only controlled the undead, whom well never was strong in the first place exept a few.

Oh goodie another Sylvanas thread

1 Like

nah fam.

you, me and 90% fandom are just dumb.

she had this deal with Jailer since WotLK but we just didn’t see it xd

I don’t visit the forums much, so I wouldn’t know. Guess I just feel her strength is a bit exaggerated and a need to blurt that out. Maybe she’ll go out with a bang to match it. Leans back with popcorn and a soda

Power levels have always been adjusted in order to fit with plot. Be that through some Deus Ex or a Mc Guffin.

Sylvanas was able to beat the Lich King because she was being pumped by the supreme death entity that has been freshly introduced.
Much like Tirion did in the past with the Light, Malfurion with Nature, or Thrall with the elements/aspects.

3 Likes

Chadthanos Blightcucker vs the Virgin Night Elves.

6 Likes

After the Mak’ora between Saurfang and Sylvanas, Lor’themar and others mention how they haven’t seen her wield this power before. I believe somewhere it also hints to her deal with the Jailer in the Shadowlands or more specifically the Maw. All souls since mid-Legion have gone into the Maw so that entity also grows in power --> hence Sylvanas probably too.

you gay son xD

She don’t have a grudge against the Lich king, she had one towards Arthas
If she had one towards the Lich King, then would she have killed Bolvar there spot on.

The power you saw in the trailer didn’t come with her becoming a Banshee, its borrowed power from the Maw, a deal she had with the Jailer after she killed herself after the ICC Raid.

That would be badass for sure!, he will most likely be in one short part aswell, just like the Harbringers - Warbringers.
To make sure that peoples who are unfamiliar with Bolvar get to see who they will follow to the Shadowlands.

I know you’re being sarcastic, but if we were to take it real, Blightcaller is a extremely skillfull Huntsman, but he has nothing on Elune if Tyrande with the Nightwarrior and Nathanos would go 1v1, so would Tyrande win, no hesitations.

I understand where you come from, but if Sylvanas had the power she has now and would go 1v1 vs Arthas, she would have won either way im sorry… but i don’t think Frostmourne would stand a chance against the pure power from the Maw, a fragment of the Jailer’s Magic.

^This^
She’s been growing her powers since then.

Varimathras knew this aswell, this is a quote from Antorus the Burning Throne.
She is patient, that one.

Waiting all these times from Wrath til Legion to get in charge, thats a long time indeed!, waiting to reach her goals, which one was to free the Jailer upon Azeroth.

And this will be her DEATH, as in matter of fact, her third Death as the Banshee Queen, as Il’gynoth Whispered to us in Legion.

she wont be able to kill the Jailer, Blizzard even said that the Jailer Pre-dates the Titans, so in other words, the Jailer might even be stronger than the Titans
And yes we wont be able to defeat the Jailer without every member of the Pantheon together, and yes i do include Sargeras in this.

We will most likely see Sargeras and the other titans and most likely Illidan too!.

Because if we wont get their aid, then are we all DEAD 100%

2 Likes

This is actually not entirely true. It is suggested that the LK’s link to the powers of the shadowrealm, (where he gets his power from, aka maldraxxus) comes from the helm of domination.

yes it did, even shown in the cinematics when sylvanas destroys the helm, but combine the power from shadowmorne and you had a LK way stronger than one whitout the sword.

I agree Arthas was stronger but Bolvar was NOT weak, which is the argument that people use to justify sylvannas not only beating him, but beating him without even BEING HIT. And anyway, there is no proof to show how weak or strong Bolvar should be, blizzard could have written either way because it’s a fantasy world and people like you would find a way to justify it either way.

The matter of the fact is, regardless of if you can justify it lore wise, people did NOT want to see sylvannas in a third xpansion cinematic in a row kicking as* and especially did not want to see her take away the expansion we really wanted which was Bolvar, Return of the Lich King xpac with nerubian empire and sh*t. :smiley: Four horseman and all that ya know (all of legion hinted at you know)

I don’t care btw, if it is a woman character or not, but it is obviously the reason why the cinematic played out that way. Feminist agenda invades everything and ruins it. I wouldn’t want Anduin beating Bolvar either, which actually would have been more justifiable lore wise because he is a powerful holy user like Tirion. However, I still would NOT have liked it.

People didn’t see her in the last two expansions.
Being a plot device that causes stuff to happen isn’t the same as actively taking part in the story.
And the brief cameo she had in Legion isn’t even close to make her a noteworthy secondary.

Also “people”…
Don’t speak for everybody. I’d personally love to have some definite closure and clarification regarding her motives and actions. Even if at this point it all ends with her own death.

Regarding her beating Bolvar, you seem oddly unfamiliar with the usual modus used for dealing with these sort of baddies. Having a Deus Ex as inseparable companion is a given.
Also, the way she defeated him included relying on the sort of agility based moves that need of her to not be hit. I fail where the issue is in that regard.

3 Likes