Talent revamp

So I’m aware changes are afoot I hope. I’d like to see some tweeks on both trees. For improvement pvp and pve I hope.

With this in mind I’d like to see

1. demon armor baseline and buffed give us something new in talents, see point 2!

2. soul swap back this is sorely needed, another soul shard spender perhaps if needs be. Perhaps a pvp talent?

3. sow the seeds, its crap. aoe is our issue for mythic plus, make sow the seeds apply agony as well and it hits 3 seeds automatically or through a conduit?
    Shards should be our issue in sustained aoe not inability to get dots out.
    I don’t wanna be aoe King, just not useless on trash which is 3/4 of a dungeon.

4. I don’t like absolute corruption its boring and just well pants.
    I’d like to see it reworked to apply agony with it instead? Free us some globals blizz (see above alternative) let’s us take you know, more dots instead.

5. deathcoil or howl baseline, we’re a tank caster we don’t have a run button but for borrowed power. we need both of these baseline, if we get kicked were done… in this burst we cannot recover from melee currently. Control is fine once you have it but currently you can’t get it your dead before you can try.
    We won’t escape gap closers so ability to respond to some of them is needed.

In short with potentially 6 dots to get going with low damage ramp up needs to be addressed, I like 6 dots just not the globals per mob or player to apply them currently.
In pvp let alone pve, in mythic plus this is an issue now.

Food for though lemme know your other ideas.

1 Like

You just need to look at our talents row for row.

First row

Nightfall - this should be baseline out is not to strong, but necessary for me instant dmg.

ID - This is the best talent in this row, if you are NF.

DS - can be good if you are Necrolord.
For these row I would love to see changes, Nightfall baseline instead we get Siphon Life (passive on all dmg, 20% heal) here.

Second row

WoA - is the best or second best in that row.

Absolute Corruption - same as WoA depends on what you like.

Siphon Life - is a stupid talent, should be passive on all dmg.

Instead of Siphon Life we get Soul Swap.

Third row

Demon Skin - mandatory should be baseline

Burning rush - is no def ability should be baseline

Dark Pact - is good against burst classes.

Instead of burning rush we get Soul link and in place of demon skin Dark Regeneration. Both other talents are baseline.

Fourth row

Sow of the Seed - is a good idea but doesn’t work well.

PS - best choice

VT - if it would be instant it would be a good choice

Here I would recommend SotS add agony in the targets and VT should be instant.

Fifth row

Darkfury - good idea but not enough

Mortal coil - mandatory baseline

HoT - good talent if not MC baseline, this should be.

Darkfury should also give instant SF. And one of the other two should be baseline. As a replacement we get the fear in place talent.

Six row

DC - could be a good talent if the darkglare would be strong

Haunt - is good as it is

GoSac - is in a good spot, close to mandatory.

Here I would give warlock a talent to get Infernal instead of Darkglare. DC is just a dead talent.
Haunt as baseline could be an option, but I fear warlocks are getting to strong then. Replacement talent could be Reap Souls. GoSac no changes.

Seventh row

Soul Conduit - just bad in this row.

Creeping Death - is just bad, we already are struggling with the dot timers.

DS Misery - could be good, if it wasn’t dispellable.

Here SC baseline with lesser procc chance and as replacement Dark Chaos - infuse you for 15 seconds with dark chaotic energy. Granting you chaos dmg. 2 or 3 min cd.
CD should be an dmg increase for execution. At 35% deal 50% dmg with all abilities.
DS Misery just remove the dispellable part.

1 Like

I agree

Too many talents in our tree are mandatory to survive or do dps.

Demon skin needs to be buffed to 20% with the hp pools and allow a higher % dps conversion to shield.
Then made baseline to create something new.

The old shield was powerful due to health pools, with low pools now its rather rubbish as a talent but the others are literally no better right now.

I almost completely agree with the a above the talents need to be overhauled for the new style of gameplay.

Demo
1st row.

• Dreadlash - increase damage to 35% and now dreadstalkers will blink at target.
  • Bilescourge Bombers - add effect, each time bilescourge bombers deal damage, they increase damage of main/prime demon for 15% for 10 seconds, stacks 10 times.
  • Demonic Strength - should be reworked in order to be viable for all main/prime demons.
    • Felguard - same effect.
    • Imp - will cast greater felbolt that will deal 800% increased damage.
    • Succubus - For next 15 seconds each melee attack of lash of pain will increase crit chance of Succubus by 10%, gaining stack will extend duration of buff by 2 seconds. If succubus will reach 100% crit chance, her crit damage will be increased by 25%.
    • Felhunter - steal all beneficial effects from target and shares them with warlock.
    • Voidwalker - will taunt the enemy, applying debuff that will lower damage that enemy deals to non voidwalker by 40% for 8 seconds.

2st row.

• Doom - need to be reworked.
    • Curses soul of enemy with doom - Increases damage that enemy takes from demons by 5%, that value increases every time when enemy is struck by a demon, if debuff will exceed 20% then crit chance of all demons will be increased by 15% for 10 seconds.
      Limit - 1 target.

6 row.

• Inner Demons reworked. Now you have two permanent wild imps on your side, that will deal 15% increased damage. These imps will follow commands from main/prime demon, could be consumed by Power Siphon, but implosion will exclude these imps.

7 row

You empower your main demon increasing it’s damage done and damage reduction by 50%, while granting your minor demons empowerment depending on current summoned main demon.

• Felguard (Brothers in arms) - attack speed of your minor demons is increased by 30%.
  • Voidwalker (Help from dark beyond) - All damage that was made by demons will heal warlock for 15% of the damage done.
  • Wild imp (energetic leader) - each time when Imp deals damage to enemies with firebolt, he will restore 20 energy to all wild imps around him, crits restore 40 enegry.
  • Felhunter (Legion hunt) - while demonic frenzy is active, warlock can cast on the move.
  • Succubus (cruel mistress)- All attacks made by succubus and minor demons will leave a bleed on target, bleed effect is stackable and it refresh it’s duration every time it gain stack.

All minor demons during demonic frenzy will have their their duration increased by 15 seconds.

• Nether Portal - reworked. Your demonic tyrant opens a portal to the nether and will cast “demonic calling” summoning demons trough it. At the end of nether portal, tyrant will extend duration of summoned demons by 15 seconds, and increase their damage by 15%.
    • Demonic calling - cast time is equal to shadowbolt cast time.
    • Replaces ability “summon demonic tyrant”.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.