Tank and Healer "Shortage"

I tank with my 2h and a priest + 3 mages/locks to back me up. Dungeons are far easier than I remember them being.

But why not equip a 1h and a shield? It makes everything so much easier. When I heal I definitely notice the difference on my mana bar which means less heals for others than the tank.

1 Like

This is also very true. People love to diss a tank who makes one mistake.

The bottom line is, I just can’t be bothered with people who aren’t reasonably nice/friendly in a dungeon group. I’m not raiding. Just be a normal human being and we’re good

2 Likes

Ooh yes, now I remember why I hated mages.
Stats: +5 spirit, +1 intellect.
Me: the healer in whites.
Mages: need because +1 intellect.
And then: “lol, your heals suck.”.
(Old anecdote, not from classic itself :))

Or that ring that drops of the murlock boss in WC. It has intellect and all rage/energy classes always need on it because “I don’t have a ring yet”.

4 Likes

I gave up “tanking” with 1h and sheild rather fast tbh. Its just impossible to hold aggro on everything. Its just easier to do the “melee cleave” runs imo.

Then the group are being carried by the healer who will not have a smooth run.

2 Likes

It’s really slow going to level in anything else than shadow and since you can heal fine in shadow up to 55+ I never get why people chose to take the slow road.

For those who use 2h while tanking. Yes you can do it, but you make healer’s work harder, keep that in mind, it will not be his/her fault when you die.

2 Likes

Healer will waste far more mana if you can’t hold aggro, which is hard with 1h and shield when people go ham focusing all targets, which is why we use 2h, at least first 5 seconds, then swap shield.

In every game, always, for some reason, the majority wants to play dps. Pick a tank or healer or deal with it. I always play a tank or healer and enjoy the respect.

So you need a good healer because you chose to tank with a 2h? You just shift the burden on to the healer because you cant be bothered to tank with a 1h and shield? Do you pay for the extra drinks for the healer? We know the answer to that already…

4 Likes

Calm down there hunny you’ll give yourself a migraine. I duo level with an IRL friend who is an experienced priest. In most cases being a tank and healer duo we can hand pick our group to include a mage for free drinks.

In terms of tanking low level content if you’ve got half a brain its a face roll, i’ll only need a shield when it gets to 53+ if anything.

It would seem that this depends on the server. I started out as a resto shammy, but over the first days it felt like every second char was one. People were looking for dps for their groups! What’s next? Helpful Barrens chat?!
…So I rerolled Rogue. So far, it’s been easier for her to find groups than for my Shaman. Weird. Been playing WoW off and on for fifteen years now, but this is new.

1 Like

Yeah, same thing, same server. I parked my resto sham to level alts and tanks, but now I see a lot of “lf tank and healer” so if you’re ready to pick up healing again, now is the time.

I honestly think it’s because rpers are friendly/calmer overall and therefore more people are willing to pick up stressful roles. Then the “it’s quite expensive to be a healer because of all the drinks” kicked in and now they’re looking for healers again.

Just a random hypothesis pulled out of my lower wailing caverns, of course, but one I think has some merit.

If you run with an IRL friend as a pocket healer why do you even reply in this thread then?

I expected this to happen. Up to lvl 30 I saw tons of priests everywhere as well as shammys and droods and even as a healer I had to wait to find groups. Now I frequently get random whispers if I want to heal regardless of where I am. Seems like the number of people willing to heal has dropped.

1 Like

if anyone on noggenfogger needs a healer i am always up for a dungeon or two. just whisper me.

Well, the game is setup that way.

normal 5 mans.

20% tank
20% healer
60% DPS

in raids it’ even more, it’s 80+% DPS

Problem is that when there is a class that can tank/heal but refuzes even if it is shortage of said role.

I have no problem with any priest/warrior DPSing in a group while we have found a tank and a healer. If we are missing one of those, take one for the team skip DPS this time.

1 Like

In retail the group finder solves the problem for you.
In classic you have to solve the problem yourself and be prepared to tank/heal if you want to PvE.

I am a warrior dps, I was tanking until I reached lvl 25 or something, cant do it anymore, even with a good group it takes ages to do dungeons…

1 Like