Tank and Healer "Shortage"

I will just leave it here. https://youtu.be/0Wrw3c2NjeE

Warriors that insist on being only DPS during leveling aren’t even proper warriors. Your big crits may wait you at max, but as long as all the hybrids need to flex to heal/tank, warriors should do the same.

Your DPS isn’t that great, you can easily be replaced by a DPS that brings more damage and CC. Stop being useless.

4 Likes

I can only speak for myself, my first time playing schaman in wow, started as enh, now ele. In dungeons i always heal by preference honestly it so chill not needing to bash buttons or wait for that WF. Never healed before and really enjoying it. If i am good no idea. People should try it, its a good experience

2 Likes

Duties ? So we go back to the fact that every hybrid must be healer or a tank, just because ? Will you pay their respec fees ?

2 Likes

bear tank is the coolest tank just find one or buy tank service

The issue is with mentality. Until 50+ you dont need tanks/healers with specific talents.

I, as a priest, with 80% of talents in shadow i did RFK at minimum level req party, with a warrior with a staff as a tank… And all went smooth, with no wipe.

Yes.

The duty to roll a hybrid instead of selfishly rolling a pure so one can help out with the tank/healer shortage.

Far too many shirk it.

the problem is not too few tanks or healer its people that think you need tank spec + 1h&shield for tanking or healer specc for dungeons.

whenever i see this warrior guy spaming the chat half an hour lf tank for stockade i just /facepalm

1 Like

I play tank in classic but I’m not rushing to 60 I want to enjoy the game with no rush leveling one lvl per day.

1 Like

No there are no duties in this game. Everyone plays what they like. If people have issue with tanks and healer shortage, they can reroll from their mages and hunters themsleves.

You can heal UBRS as full shadow - alone too. But thing is not everyone feels comfortable in those roles. They may enjoy it or not - like someone described above how they love it. But like with any role and thing in this game - there shouldn’t be a community pressure that says people have to play game certain way.

5 Likes

well you dont need.

but you need warrior to tank so he could hold aggro - and leveling one is hell.

thats why there is so few tanks. because leveling warrior compared to leveling mage/warlock /hunter/rogue is like groing through mud due to 0 self heals /stuns/cc and having to rely on bandages/auto regen .

i swear i have atm more spirit on my warrior then 90% of healers in this level bracket.

Obviously, I was being facetious.

As far as I’m concerned, a warrior that doesn’t want to tank is no better or worse than a rogue that doesn’t want to roll warrior so he can tank.

1 Like

Levelling a warrior is supposed to be slow yet of the people I see at 50+ and at 60 seems mostly to be warriors for some reason…

I am lvling as enhancement (with improved totems to buff others) but I am more than happy to heal Ina dungeon or even tank if needed, even with a “dps” warrior or a “dps” priest in the group. And I will do so properly.
BUT! When I need on that shield you also wanted (for unknown reason since.you are not using one) or that staff with +healing/dmg and wind don’t come crying to me :joy:

Or I can also just play as a party buffer, make you look good and dish out more dmg that most mages,warlocks,rogues,dpswarriors,dpspriests at my lvl and only roll on that big two-hander I came here for…

ZT server, hit me up if you wanna run some fun Same <3

2 Likes

Don’t tank for these mages, force them to pick real class not some faceroll dps.

1 Like

You were on the character select screen like everyone else. Yet you rolled dps knowing full well what to expect.

No point in pushing your frustrations on warriors or shamans who aren’t carrying you through dungeons. If you are playing a class like rogue or hunter, you still have low value whether they are tanking/healing or not. Honestly, I’d much rather have a group full of dps warriors and shamans than bring a rogue or hunter to a group.

Playing an over-represented class with low group content value, of course you are going to struggle to get groups together. If you are one of those stubborn players who insist on playing rogue or hunter, you need to make an effort to separate yourself from the pack. Find warriors and priests and make the effort to befriend them, to get them to take you with before they resort to looking in chat.

If you plan on getting into groups as dps just by spamming chat channels, you are wasting your time. Tanks and healers have their groups almost instantly formed, often by going through their friend lists and guilds first. They only pick up random dps from chat as a last resort.

And no, this won’t get better at late game. Unless you are the first or second rogue/hunter in a raid group, you are only there because the raid couldn’t fill the spots with literally anything else. Even druids have more worth, as a feral can off-tank to let the fury warriors remain as dps.

If you don’t want to do the networking game, go back to the class selection screen and pick something useful.

5 Likes

Looks like WoW Classic also brings the old complaints :joy:

see the positive side - least unlike in vanilla - community is willing to let druid tank!

4 Likes

I’m surprised by the number of tanks and healers in Classic, the old me would be very glad to see it.

Agreed, actually. My memories were a bit more … fragmented. And druids for community were just always like “heal plx, omg durid no bare”