Tank and Healer "Shortage"

I know, and the group is the group’s business. And if a member refuses to play ball, you find someone else who will. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah.

The game is called World of Warcraft, not World of Spellcleave. The whole goddarn reason why WoW was made was so that people could literally immerse themselves into the world of Warcraft and feel like they’re a part of it.

But nooooo, boring, tedious 1-60 leveling, 50% of time spent running, 40% waiting for respawn. You don’t get it at all, dude. And that’s not even the worst part. The worst part is that you’ve been playing this game for soooooooooo freaking long and you’ve never actually experienced it for real.

Tell me something - how many RPGs have you played? Have you played Morrowind? Oblivion? Skyrim? Any of the Witcher games? Baldur’s Gate? Do you even know what “RPG” stands for? The main idea of an RPG game is its world. It’s not like suddenly in an MMORPG the main idea becomes raids and PvP. It never was like that, and it was because of Blizzard actually leaning towards end-game why WoW started failing.

But I digress. If you don’t find any fun in vanilla’s leveling, then vanilla is not for you. Because neither vanilla’s PvP (flawed rank system) nor its PvE (primitive design) are good. If it’s PvP and PvE why you’re in Classic, then you’ll get very, very, very bored very quickly.

5 Likes

I’ve had no issues finding tanks and healers, I just head into Stormwind to find people.

Is tanking a thankful job in Classic? I’ve heard all those stories about AoE the entire dungeon, like how everything’s easy. I’m oldschool tank, who’s gonna mark mobs for CC, doing corner pulls, full protection build with mitigation gear, expecting DPS to wait for 5 sunders and so on. If it’s like retail where you’re expected to aoe everything, I’m probably not going to participate in dungeon content until TBC.

7 Likes

Basically, it’s like you said but people act like it’s retail.

Give it time, eventually they’ll go back to retail.

Blame Blizzard for creating this mess. Tanking in Classic is garbage until you hit 60 and get some decent gear.

Yeah some lvl 16 mage that will never hit even 60 lvl, knows what is for me and what is not.

Like I said, I doubt u even played in vanilla, if you did, you would understand that classic != vanilla even near. 2nd point. Leveling was never ment to be fun, like really, leveling is ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE is boring. Max level is where the game starts. Raids, dungeons, battlegrounds are fun. Grinding mobs and doing tedious same-designed boring quests and waiting named mob respawns isnt fun and never will be.

am lvl 40 now. so latest dungeon was SM cath. so far tanking just means having the aggro of the majority of the mobs and aoe-ing everything down… there is no need for a shield and there is certainly no need for cc… sadly… hope that changes with lvl 60 dungeons

1 Like

Nice!
Looking forward to being popular as a druid who will either tank or heal while the DPS classes are overrepresented.

This a hundred time over… I’m so tired of DPS pulling random shat, not giving me time to get aggro. It annoys me

3 Likes

Actually this is a DPS’s fault. Pull everything in sight, not waiting for tank to get aggro, not managing your threat, not attacking on assists, then complain “why is so few tanks running around”

4 Likes

Realm? Enh shaman here, soon to be ele, no problem to heal tho :smiley:

1 Like

HW, rp-pve. No guild (yet).

You’re in your right to do so, and the person who refuses to tank/heal has to live with the fact that he might be replaced/dungeon groups take longer to form, but I’m against the idea of saying everyone who plays class x must play role y in dungeons.

1 Like

I only tank if nobody rolls need on the items I need. If I don’t have any priority for tank, I don’t have to play it if I don’t want.

2 Likes

Not seen that in a single run so please stop. Thanks.

Oh. Right. If you didn’t see something it probably does not exist. Silly me. :laughing:

1 Like

My point is people are making it out be far more commonplace than it actually is. Yeah, sometimes you get a bad group, and I see a lot of problems in groups, but rarely is it constant chain pulling and/or raging at the tank.

Lol I played rogue tank and received 0 hate whatsoever, and no crazy ninja pulls, and I’ve played WoW since TBC and never seen this rage at the tank. If anything, it’s more often the healer that gets raged when DPS stand in the fire

What i hate most is when bloody caster pulls with a wand. Only good upbringing stops me from letting them die. I think i will do that next time. Wondering how people gonna do lvl 60 dungeons with this f…ng retail mentality, i.e. rush to the end and aoe everything in the way. Well, first scholo packs will cool <f…ng profanity filter here>

2 Likes