Tank and Healer "Shortage"

I had a guy during DM run body pull for me, cause I wasn’t going fast enough. Soon enough I discovered he was a MoP/Legion baby who had no idea how tanking worked. Pulling less than 3 mobs at the time was too slow for him.

Let’s just say I haven’t really been tanking for a bit. These kind of people are awfully common.

7 Likes

Aye, had a priest in last sm armory run who rushed everyone. After i said that I’m gonna quit after next asspull he left.

Hang on… people WANT a druid to tank. When I get my druid up I might give it a try now!!

1 Like

I do not know we had nice runs also with 2 rogues, 2 shammies and a druid. Not everyone runs meme and play as they like.

Ye good idea, tell people WHAT and HOW to play pls

2 Likes

The mentality has changed in the last couple of years, and indeed some theorycrafters have experimented with “meme” specs and found out… oh, we were wrong about druid tanks, actually in many cases they’re better than warrs

Oh you are nicer than me. I am old time tank and I used to have had a macro stating the rule of ‘you pull you tank’ and later I added a line to it that I have probably done tanking longer than they have and if they let me do my job, I get them trough this dungeon quicker. It was always worded a humorous and friendly way. And it most times worked and when there happened to be someone with words ‘omg lol just go’ then they normally ended GOING outside of “my dungeon”.

I may have come across on those entry macros a bit posh, but I have always taken responsibility to do good, fun and hopefully smooth runs. If i see new healer, I give them time to learn, if I see some more experienced team - i will ramp up some crazy. I like reading my new found crews and try to adjust accordingly.

But my ‘you pull you tank’ rule is really universal since vanilla and if people break it, then i have absolutely no problems even wipe raids. If I am not pulling it is not because I am afk, but because there must be a reason. In dungeon either healer mana not being enough for next pull (i.e. I know some mean mob is in there) or I want a cooldown to do a superawesome aoe pull, or wait for patrol.

Disclaimer: accidental pulls do not count - stuff happens, doesn’t madden me. I judge willful ninja pulls.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t put it quite like that but bears can tank on par with warriors. Right now i can name only patchwerk as the “druid” boss.

There’s more, read “Taladril’s Treatise on Druid Tanking” if you’re interested.
He also did a podcast on Defcon & Melderon’s channel explaining it all

i think warrior doesnt realise they can tank with arms specc and and dont need a shield or offhand

Warrior can tank 5-mans in arms spec AND he needs a shield. And newcomers from retail should realise they can’t faceroll. Which they surely will in the nearest future.

1 Like

I had fellow druids tanking with me for the last 3 years. And played a bit of a kitty myself (yeah, special vanilla snowflake).

Tanking without a shield is stupid, not just simply for the amount of armor you’ll miss out on, but also for threat generation. Two handed tanking might work in DM if your healer is carrying you, but it’s certainly not about the tank doing a good job when it works.

Shield block is great for getting those revenges.

6 Likes

Dude, all pre 40 dungeons can be 2 manned :d
And 60 dungeons can be 3 manned.
Its not the point

Tanking without shield is how you roll until 50. Just tanked ZF, as intro you charge, bloodrage, sweeping strikes, berserker, whirlwind, then go def stance with shield and spam demo shout. Good damage and effective.

That was exactly the point - that some players like to play meme-max-comp, others play as they please and have great time too.

Was not about 2 manning, no.

Not to mention it costs more to have to take on both dps and healing or tanking ability training. Most are trying to save up for their mount.

1 Like

What about 2 womaned?

will be hard for 2 holy priests

1 Like

Funny to see it from a dude who play a pure dps class, thats not selfish at all right? Anyway I dont care that much if I have to tank I will still take all the dps things and none of the dps dare to say anything so its nice.