Tank and Healer "Shortage"

I always have 1-2 warriors in my group without telling them which is the tank and they don’t know either. They always find out when we are in the dungeon, but hey that’s my problem I’m the healer :slight_smile:

Why would anyone pick warrior over mage, lock or rogue anyway. There is no shortage of dps classes

1 Like

I literally wrote in my original post that I even respecced into avoidance talents so I can rogue tank and I’ve always played hybrids until 1 week ago.

Sure though, rolling pure DPS is selfish eyeroll

Furthermore, idk why you’re acting like it’s so farfetched for you to take “all the DPS things”. Few people actually level in tank spec. You can roll on DPS items for the same reason a shaman healer can roll on corpsemaker, jeez

I am lvl 45 warrior. Was doing ZF and Uldaman literally for the whole day.
Had to decline 5-6 invitations on top of that.
And i am new to classic , warrior and tanking in wow.
Kind of like this )

As a healer I have to buy water or find a mage (with 1 tier lower water). Usually have to spend money on current lvl water to replenish faster.

That’s my expenses for a group. If a war wants to tank with 2h, he has 2 requirements from me:

• hold an aggro
  • buy me an additional water, cause he papertanks.

If these requirements aren’t met, he’s going to GY until he puts a shield on / leaves or I’m getting kicked.
In last case both war and gleader are blacklisted.

I’m not going to provide someone’s fun at own expense without a proper compensation.

8 Likes

Idk why you sent this reply to me when I already made it clear I completely agreed with that sentiment?

1 Like

Hit a wrong reply button in the thread, sorry.

1 Like

I get so many whispers of people asking me to tank I had to set up a DND message so I wouldn’t have to reply every time if I didn’t feel like doing dungeons. Druid tanks seem to be very sought after.

People never whisper me asking if I can pewpew :frowning:

2 Likes

Thats some deep RP server issues.

No wonder, you are playing an unicellular class.

a what class

Edit: I was joking about not getting whispers btw, I’m not expecting them:p And i’ve actually have been invited couple times

Entitled much.

1 Like

I usually form my own groups as a priest as Im capeable of healing dungeons in shadow spec and I refuse to invite warriors or feral druids that refuse to tank. I rather take mage instead as they deal twice the dmg.

2 Likes

Actualy i had few dungeons where i had two warriors both with 2h, mage and hunter, me as healer, we basicly had no tank but it was so smooth

So im running around with 2 bags full of healing and tanking gear so i can fill all roles in dungeon, but when i whisper to invite me as a healer i got rejected even sometimes as tank, ppl say druid are bad or sometimes dont even answer me, and they continue to looking for healer in the world chat.I decided from now on i wll chill as a dps and spamming 2 buttons,GL to all elitists out there.

No. Please do not generalise. It is boring for YOU. I get it and have no problem with it. It is your way of playing a game. I enjoy the leveling in every game I play, MMO or singleplayer RPG and it is mostly the max level where I begin to be bored.

2 Likes

As a warrior tank during whole vanilla and other expansions;

Deal with it. It happened back then, too, just like now. So far I patiently waited for tank and healer. This is classic.

1 Like

This is my 4th character on Classic, and must be >100th in WoW overall.

Started at 1.9. Have played on vanilla ps for ~3-4 years.

That’s your opinion.

That’s your opinion.

That’s your opinion.

That’s your opinion.

Anyway, it’s funny how you completely missed like 99% of my post and just straight up jumped to insulting me. Remember what I said in my last post, that I felt bad that you have never experienced RPGs - yeah, I no longer feel bad for you after this reply. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You’re 18 dude. Most people are levelling. No one likes to level as a healer and a lot of people are reluctant to tank in their dps spec or heal in their dps spec, even though it is viable at low level.
Also, tanks and healers will ALWAYS be more scarce than DPS classes. I rolled a hunter in Vanilla when I was an omeganub, then a healer in Vanilla/TBC and a tank since WotLK. Always been jealous of DPS classes and the fun they can have, tbh. Decided to go Rogue in Classic to enjoy it.