Tank and Healer "Shortage"

I would say… from what Ive seen, playing as a healer, it’s harder to get a tank.

Dps >>>>> Healer > Tank.

1 Like

I don’t think pushing hybrids to heal/tank is a good idea. We have enough ppl who play that roles and aren’t good at them, how possible is it that someone saying he’s not good at healing/tanking is actually not good at it? Plus imo, if someone doesn’t wants to do something-its their business. They have the right to go dps, you-not to invite them.

3 Likes

Hi, shadowpriest here.

Nope. I’ve run one dungeon so far - WC - and it was Very Serious Business. The tank micromanaged everyone as if we were doing a raid and kicked someone without the slightest notice.

I know I can maybe level up a bit faster if I do non-stop dungeons (and for sure when I do dungeons I’m healer), but questing is way more relaxing, people are friendly, there’s some world pvp here and there.

If you want a well-oiled dungeon grinding machine, retail is much better designed for it. You can choose the exact roles you want to play and sit in the DF waiting for tanks/healers while doing something else.

I’m lvl 32/33 now. Armoury didn’t update.

I know tanks and healers are scarce, have you even read my post or just like most people read title + character lvl

A lot of people seem to miss the fact that a five man group doing a dungeon is a team that has to utilize what ever utility the five of them bring. On the other hand, if I group with someone who refuses to contribute as a team player I will just kick that player or leave the group myself, aint nobody got time for entitled spoiled brats who has been curled their whole life

1 Like

Seems you can force update your profile by switching to a retail character and back again.

Worked for me anyway.

with each passing thread and comment I find myself backing away from WoW Classic, so many are going into this with the wrong mindset.

I rolled a mage and a warrior, I planned to tank on the warrior but I’m not sure I can bothered sadly.

I’ll see how things go I guess and see what happens but I’m not invested in the slightest yet.

2 Likes

I’m enhancement but have no desire to DPS in dungeons, I’ve done it twice and found myself looking at health bars and tossing out some offheals when needed. I really enjoy healing and get groups reasonably quickly, but tanks are hard to find and carrying two sets of gear is causing me some bag space issues.

im lvl 60 tanked until lvl 40 with 2hand

I couldn’t even get a group to DM earlier today as a lvl 20 warrior. I love tanking and I’ll always tank even if there are two warriors in the group. I didn’t get even one /w whilst saying in general “tank lfg dm” :frowning:

I’d be moe inclined to ask a shaman to tank than heal if they’re leveling as enhancement. Slap on a shield and use rockbiter, and they’re fine for low levels.

Its because Priests are easy to level in their healing spec due to Wands. Tanks (whilst they can tank as DPS) are not easy to level in their tanking spec.

as a druid i just tell them that I can literally do any role so it doesn’t matter

1 Like

I am mostly told to dps because there are tons of healers on my server. But we lack tanks.

I mean whilst you’re leveling whats even the point, isn’t it pretty much the same either way. The only difference is maybe having to try and keep aggro of some mobs I guess but you’re whacking them with your sword either way.

Your class history is 100% irrelevant.

Here and now, you are a rogue, which is exactly that: A hardline, pure DPS class, useless in any other role, and useless in the current leveling meta, which requires sustained AoE damage. Worse than that, your class doesn’t even offer a fraction of the group-support that other dps classes do.

You want a tank/heal, then either play one, or play a dps class that offers more to the group than Sinister Strike. As a rogue, you are pretty much the bottom of the food-chain.

Since a pure DPS like me respecced into avoidance talents, can the healer classes start healing? Thanks.

Why, if they can run with an actual tank instead?

1 Like

I find it funny that I see some post with “I don’t have time to wait for people to not change roles, so I kick or leave”.

Err… how is it any faster to leave that group and look for a new one which will have a high probability of having the same ‘issue’? It’s faster to not dungeon at all than to wait for people willing to tank/heal?

Or was it more of a threat, like “if you don’t do as I say I’ll leave!!” and then people see an angry dps leave, put him on ignore and then that dps wonders where all the tanks/healers (or even groups, in due time) have gone?

edit: Just a reminder: I jumped down to RFC as a warrior with a shield and immediately got a queue of dps asking to group. Any angry leaver won’t be missed.

It’s always been like this. But when i asked my friends why they never tried to tank or heal they give me an answer like: “I dont wan’t responsibility if things go sideways” Because they know that the healer or tank always gets pointed out first.

You do not need TANKING spec to tank pre-60. AT ALL

You NEED: a decent shield and one hander for your level and remember that you have defensive stance.

1 Like

I’m playing healing priest. Did 4 Deadmines runs, managed to win only 1 ring. The rest of gear was won by mages and warlocks, which there are at least 2 in each run. Wand (the most important piece of gear for questing)? Lost to mage that doesn’t even use it. High spirit gear? Obviously for warlocks. The only reliable sources of gear are tailoring and quest rewards. Still running dungeons is fun, but massive amount of cloth users is a concern.

Warriors seems to be the most popular class by far, yet I’ve seen plenty of LFG messages by warriors looking for tank. * mind blown *

3 Likes