Tanks doesn't care if other players die

They just keep pulling, staying in combat until the last boss dies, because they can practicly solo any dungeon.
Fun?
I don’t think so

4 Likes

It is for the tanks though, and they’re the main character.

2 Likes

Seems fair to me. You just had to not die. :woman_shrugging:

Just dont attack things until the tank has pulled everything and gathered them. Then it shouldbt be a problem (depending on the pull size, the key level and the mobs involve ofc).

It’s this attitude right there that I hate about pugs

1 Like

No wonder you do.

But let’s face it, the goal of a dungeon is to finish it, and the faster possible. People are not supposed to die ever and if they do, you need to Brez them so you could just continue without ever stopping. As a warlock, you are pretty much unkilleable and that’s why you are the perfect fit for Brez. And as such, you’re expected to never ever ever die first.

“to finish it, and the faster possible” wtf?! in a normal dungeon?
I’m talking about any class not just me as a Warlock. Especially this phenomenon is a reaccuring theme in Timewalk dungeons, where most noobs sign up.

1 Like

People go there to level… fast. Or to get their heroic cache… fast. Of course they do.

1 Like

When damage dealers fail mechanics(which happens quite often in time walking) according to my book of tanking it is quite fun to do bosses solo. The two best bosses are Ozruk in Stone core and Rom’ogg Bonecrusher in Blackrock Caverns as they will one shot people(the mechanics are easy to avoid). People will either know the mechanic or they won’t. So my role as a tank will be to pick up your dead body from the dust and carry it like the dead weight it is.
Learn the mechanics people and stop complaining.

Healers can resurrect between pulls. They don’t even have to follow the tank while he pulls. People have legs too don’t they. They can run from the resurrection point. Stop being lazy.

Everything these days have to be fast, fast, fast and it needs to be so fast that it’s over before it even began :slightly_smiling_face:. Players have speed on their brains and it makes you wonder if they actually remember to have any fun at all or maybe fun just died several expansions ago:-P

1 Like

Blizzard with this toxic+ timer only expands that mentality gogogogofofofofomofomofomo

3 Likes

That sounds like a free carry, enjoy it while it lasts, until you get to content where every life matters.

Well no its not the timers fault, first off i also dont ress people who died from AVOIDABLE damage, maybe then they learn to be AWARE whats happening around them. Dungeons arent hard but some people are just blind.

1 Like

Tanks need to pull around the groups they’re actually with, not the groups they want to be with.

So many times I’ve had tanks pull massive groups and then everyone but them dies to unavoidable damage, they either don’t give a damn about the group or seem to expect everyone to have maxed gear and play like MDI players.

It’s fine when there’s only limited unavoidable damage but if you’re gonna pull a large number of enemies that fire attacks at random targets or just do non-targetted AoE damage, you’ve got to work around how many CCs, interupts and pseudo interupts your team has for that pull.

Tanks need to be made more reliant on healers and their teams making use of interrupts, slows and CCs, rather than being these immortal killing machines that they currently are.

1 Like

as a bear at 410 ilvl i am NOT going to sit and pull small pack where im only in there to get the weekly dungeon quest done on normal im going to pull all the trash to the 1st boss and MAYBE the 1st boss on top of that and if you are so impatient that you cant wait till i finish pulling then

THATS A YOU PROBLEM.

also when im in m+ i get moaned at for being to cautious, tanks just cant win wiht you guys no wonder there’s so few of us for pugs

1 Like

While you have a point that players shouldn’t die from avoidable damage it still happens and that’s part of the game. If you don’t want to ress players maybe a dps role is more suitable for you.

The whole annoying thing about this is that per design some classes can speed run through dungeons and some others can’t.
Those who have utilities and skills like ghost wolf, hunters buff, catform, paladins divine steed etc. just run ahead while warrior’s leap has a relatively long cd, warlocks have absolutely nothing and priests have to spec into it to get speed - just to name a few.

1 Like

I hate this too. Tanks should depend on the group just like the group depends on the tank. Too many times now in Dragonflight the tank races ahead without a healer, leaving everyone else to fend for themselves. Even if you keep up, mages can have a very difficult time to do any AOE because the tank keeps moving. If someone dies, it’s up to them to run in and catch up - or get lost in the instance while the rest of the group just pushes on.

I did a bit of Classic when it came out and while the instance runs were a lot faster than back in Vanilla, it was still quite enjoyable to DPS and heal.

Maybe LFG could have a “no rush” flag and separate queues for those who like to do things “the old way”?

I vastly prefer “clean and controlled” over “fast and furious”. It’s one of the reasons I don’t really touch M+ unless I have to, but things get a lot worse in Timewalking because it’s tuned so easy and the tanks really don’t have to care about anyone else.

P.S. I know: join a guild and only do dungeons with your friends. I guess that works. I stayed out of guilds for Dragonflight so that it would be easier for me to quit (and it is).

1 Like

As a bear thats 412 I do not simply care about what you think.

I never over pull, and if people complain, I just laugh at theyr complaints.

Why? Because I judge if I should pull or not. If I do 50k dps as a bear and I see DPS doing much smaller dps on packs, then heck yeah, I am not gonna risk wasting time and wiping. I do care about people dieing. It means that they are not ready yet and should be used as a lesson for BOTH you and the others.

If you wanna speedrun heroic dungeans for your ‘cache’ (Not that you dont need to because the stuff you get to bypasses those chest are very common), then you should form a PREMADE with like minded people.

Just now I have had a healer pull for whatever reason despite two dps doing less damage and a prot pala being arrogant.

It is fun for me. Who cares for the rest :muscle: