Tanks warned you this would happen (long solo shuffle queues)

Remember back in prepatch when dps queues were 5 minutes and most players were having a blast? I bet most are nostalgic for those days now when tanks could replace healers. Then a minority of pearl-clutchers complained because they couldn’t stand the idea of tanks getting to have fun in pvp and what happened? Blizzard listened and REMOVED AN ENTIRE ROLE from solo shuffle. These complainers also screwed over all the other dps who were having fun by forcing them to wait in 1 hour queues, thereby killing solo shuffle before it even began. I guess if I don’t like playing against another class they should be banned from solo shuffle as well.

So I have to admit it gives me schadenfreude to see dps queuese going up to one hour now. The ironic thing is that the old-timer streamers who complained about tanks in solo shuffle don’t even queue as dps anymore because of the queues.

Seems like the only solution is for Blizzard to let tanks replace healers again, but their pride may be too big to swallow and admit they made a mistake so they will probably prefer to see solo shuffle die.

1 Like

Can you not make this same post every week? As if anyone would suddenly agree with you if you post it enough times. I assure you that no one except a few tanks liked the mindless pve fiesta that tank queues caused. Tanks have never had a place in rated arena, and will never have one.

Solo shuffle is just pure garbage by design, yet allowing tanks managed to make it infinitely worse.

6 Likes

Remember when people told you over and over they would rather have 10 day queues before ending up with tanks? I do.

3 Likes

and dps told u, we would rather not play it at all than being forced to play it with a tank, and i stay by that statement.

2 Likes

shadowlands 5 minute solo queues. man those were the days.

now it takes a year to get a game in this failed game mode.

Okay, but beside we still don’t want tank shuffles it reads more like you are still mad for not getting instant invites as tanks! So you can keep your Schadenfreude! :wink:

I promise, if they would add tanks as “healer” again and people would just get a check box if they want to play with tanks, they would still prefer long queue times over playing with tanks.

1 Like

This is it, remove tanks completely from arena.

Tanks are supposed to tank but since no one wants to target them they can’t do their job.

What use do we have for someone that can’t do their job?

Tank shuffle was the most skill based pvp this game has ever had because dps couldn’t rely on the crutch of a healer to save them. Let me give an example of the plays that were happening in tank shuffle.

As vengeance I threw a sigil of chains on a dh, then cosmic gladiator’s resonator, elysian decree, sigil of misery all at lightning speed back to back. At the EXACT moment before they all exploded on him the dh pressed Rain from Above to save himself. That was an amazing play and if a healer was there it would be boring because the healer would just be healing him back to full from 40 yds away.

It’s HEALERS that don’t belong in pvp. Healers are a crutch in pvp, so it’s no wonder some people are too scared to play without them. Many of us want just one rated pvp mode without healers ruining it.

i really mis the tank shuffle.
that was the best pvp instance ever

Conflicted on this.

I dont miss pre nerf guardian druids one bit, and while i see your point about individual play, tank lobvies heavily benefited classes with immunity since it made it easier to survive the PvE fiesta.

However, it is an undeniable truth that ques were indeed 5 mins max.

Dunno, the majority has spoken and thus Blizzard reacted, for better or for worse.

bruh 10char

Besides African Turtle Cleave…

I remember prot palas being in AWC a couple of times :slight_smile: not that I watched that wanna-be eSport bullsh1t, but I read it somewhere…

Prot Pala had here and there a niche to compete with healers. That was the only time when I played Arena again.

But yeah, in the end, I understand why players don’t want tanks in that silly 3vs3 deathmatch format. It is still crap with or without tanks. Solo-shuffle is just the last nail in the coffin for WoW rated PvP.

WoW needs a new PvP format that matches its PvE-based MMORPG design (PvP is just a mini game here). It should be about objectives and every class/specc can bring something to the table to contribute, that way the direct comparison of classes isn’t that important, ergo player skill shines, and not what your FOTM spec is capable of.

Your view on this is pretty skewed by your own interests as a tank. The purpose of healers are not to be crutches, except maybe at the most basic levels of play where dps players don’t even use defensives. Not sure why you believe dps players stop relying on playing well because of healers, when in fact the opposite is true.

The purpose of healers is to make games long enough, so that ideally some sort of strategy is needed to win. Both teams play as well as they can, and then the side that consistently played best and managed their cooldowns better wins. Broken fotm comps kind of ruin this of course, but that’s not the fault of healers, rather of poor balancing and the trashy fotm reroller community.

Now tank games by comparison are basically just triple dps, where everyone pops every offensive and defensive cd instantly, and the only strategy is to pve the spec least suited for a triple dps setting until it dies. You have time to make perhaps one fancy play before it’s over. So by definition this requires much less skill than with a healer.

Arena simply is constructed around healers, and without them it’s nothing but a circus. I get that you’re upset about tanks not getting free rating anymore, but we can’t have tanks ruining arena just so that they can participate, when they never have been intended for anything other than pve and rbgs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.