TBC already ruined

Why have both character transfer AND 1-58 boost?
-To me that seems like a bad idea.

I can already see the economy in Burning crusade being completly ruined, by the repercussions of the massive bot farms in Classic.
-Some people will bring over a TON of gold, mats and prepared chars, and control the market and gatekeep content from day 1.

Too bad to see a good game, be ruined by bad executive decisions.
-The wide playerbase are gonna be victims of this, it’s quickly going to create an “A-team” and a “B-team” among the players. Meanwhile the elitists that monetize off of the game, laughs at Blizzard “Duuude, they actually let us do it LOL”.

I really waited for The Burning Crusade, I looked forward to it…
-But with these conditions, that’s a BIG “Nope”.

I’m not gonna expect much from you(Blizzard) now… No doubt you(Blizzard) make good games, but you ruin them with bad decision.
-JSP is also already making moves already, to ruin Diablo 2: Reforged… Which will effect ALL of the games you(Blizard) have, since JSP is a cross-game trade platform with it’s own “currency”. People will be botting Diablo 2: Reforged for insane items or even perfect accounts, sell them on JSP and buy e.g. a ton of gold on TBC Classic, or a rare item, or accounts even… Or even spend their money directly at JSP for forum gold, much like you buy a token in wow, and then buy those same things as mentioned before around you(Blizzard), effeciently cutting into your(Blizzards) profit.
-You(Blizzard) leave too big “holes” for the cheaters and botters to fit into, so they abuse you and your systems for personal gains. Which in the end ruins the economy, which ruins the experience for the players, which ruins the game. Slowly, but surely.

7 Likes

dunno if i missunderstood u, but classic servers evolved into tbc ones there is no transfer.
Everyone can keep all their gold (honest grinder, goldbuyers everyone)

so even if someone boosts their char to 58, they are still behind. ( economy is allready ducked up, thx to the #nochanges mage grinding)

and instead of saying that boosting makes botters/china farmers have an easier time, why dont ppl actualy ask Blizzard to combat these more reliable.

We have asked for them to combat botting more, much more.

Let me cut it out for you :smiley:
-You will decide individual characters are gonna be morphed into a TBC character, or trasferring you to a “classic era realm”. Right???
-Some of these chars that remain on the realm, morphing into TBC. Some of these players will be “whales”.
-Some of these “whales” are people with ill intend, botting and cheating, even though you might not see it or know it directly.
-Now cheaters and botters are not stupid, they don’t lack skills, nor are they lazy, opposite of what many people think…
-They’ll make a proxy: make 10 accounts that bot. Make a number of “white-listed” accounts, that’ll interact with their own bots to “hold the wealth”, then interact with their “white-listed” accounts from their main account or through a 2nd link. Eventually bring all the wealth to their main account, seemingly legit, which are gonna be morphed into a TBC account.
-That TBC account, is going to rule the market and gatekeep content for the average player while he blends in with the actual “big bois” = Bad experiences for the average player. Not only will an average player run into 10 of “that guy’s” bots, but “that guy” will also deny the average player access to the raids.

The problem is that gold and “power” flows upwards, not downwards, already. So we’ll have and gatekeeping from day 1 with these decisions. The elitists are not gonna struggle no matter what Blizzard decides to do, for them using a new character is just a minor inconvenience, but the new players and “ordinary” players are gonna be hit HARD.

I wish they would add Fresh TBC servers too. I have nothing against those who have spent the majority of Classic generating a giant reserve of gold and plan on rushing everything they need for the first phase in the first week (professions, enchants, gems, best crafted gear/weapons etc) but I would much prefer to play on a fresh server where everyone is racing to try save gold for epic flying and is out in the world farming materials for leveling professions/crafted items/consumables and getting themselves ready for raiding/PvP.

Just seems like it would be a much better experience of course those that want to take the gold cap into non-fresh servers are welcome to do so. It’s not going to happen though as I feel the majority would go to fresh TBC servers if they had the choice.

3 Likes

I, for one atleast, agree with this opinion.
-I don’t mind the legit players, If they wanna ruin their perfect Classic character by making it TBC. It’s their choice.
-But it’s very appearent there’s been a crazy numbers of cheaters and botters on Classic, and now they’ll flow right over into TBC as well.

1 Like

That is the case in classic already so not sure what your point is here. Why doesn’t the average player join a guild if he wants to raid? Ruling the market isnt going to be easy, you need a ton of gold to do so and with so many new mats and ways of farming them Im pretty sure there won’t be a lot of that going on. You already had people with tons of gold now and that didnt happen (or at least not on my server)

Every existing player has resourced, likely 90% of existing playerbase can buy flying ASAP.

Only those that join existing realms and don’t have friends with excess gold (or RMT).

Just wait and ask for level 1 transfer locked no-boost FRESH TBC realms. Existing ones are tainted and overpopulated.

The server I’m on, it happened a lot. And I can guarantee it’s on your server too, even though you might not see it. Like I said, it’s not gonna be appearent for most people. But Gatekeepers, market control and bots is everywhere in classic. It’s littered with it.

This is my point, it’s not gonna be TBC. It’s gonna be a sh*tshow.
I’d 100% go for one of these servers, if they became available, over morphed servers. But it’s only because blizzard failed to combat botting in the first place.

And what did you expect. Classic vanilla wasn’t really played like vanilla and same will be true for TBC.

And they can’t even react when Asmon showcases botters on stream and tries to contact any GM to handle them…

I don’t know what to expect from Blizzard anymore, I’m heartbroken to be honest… If they had “just” fought off the botters in classic, i’d be fine with this system. But now? Not really… When I see a Black Battle tank, i’m not impressed anymore… I’m more likely to think “50/50 it’s a botter”.
Same in Retail, when I see a Black battle tank… Check the achievement… If it’s from '07 or later, he got it by abusing their system… Most likely from either using the character transfer bug, that allowed players to move chars from one account to another. Or by moving to a new server when they opened in '08 and '09 i think it was, and bang the gong day 1 with all requirements in hand. Because Blizzard ducked up, and forgot to launch server with ahn’qiraj gates opened.

100% of the players are is gonna buy flying asap at lvl 70. It just cost 1000g and you get 1500 from just leveling from 60-70!
Also you NEED flying to enter Arcatraz, Botanica and mechanar. Wich you need for karazhan attunement! This happened back in days aswell!

Those that are existing players yes, new ones not so fast. Even though in Classic you could buy epic mount from finishing late quests at 60 I saw a lot of people even late into Classic start without one and without that level of gold…

It’s not the same in tbc, the sheer amount of gold you get from quest and vendoring greens/trashs will reward you with a huge amount of gold. Back in the days I didn’t afford epic ground mount before level 63, even after that I had more gold then needed to buy flying mount and have some left over, I made over 1200gold from 63-70, and I never used the AH, I sold blue items to the vendor for a fraction of what I would have made if I sold it to a player. Someone also tricket me into buying a green weapon for 80g Wich I swapped for a quest item a few levels later.

If you do the quest in the first place. I would say there will be some meta to hit 70 farming one of the dungeons in Hellfire Peninsula (or ZG tokens or mobs?) - and after that they won’t be “questing”, just moaning how to make gold or how the economy is in shambles. Sam with Classic - a lot of people had aversion to quests thus they didn’t have the mount in a reasonable time :smiley:

back in original TBC on Magthridon server which was 1 of the heavy pop servers in TBC cus of nihilum was there.

early TBC 1000g was sold for 15$
mid TBC 1000g went to 12$
last patch in tbc brought daily quests and so 1000g went for 7$

currently in classic 1000g is under half$ which prove the existed inflation, and for that? in classic-TBC you can expect insane high prices in everything.

obtaining gold won’t be hard for people who play alot, they can farm herb/mining and become rich as usual, and for those who can’t play much? ofc they will buy gold since it’s so cheap, most people will sell boosts/items for gold. everything on AH will be so expansive because of the inflation caused by bots farming pure gold out of vendor in classic.

U dont understand botting maybe u should ask some Botters

No matter how you qq nothing will change. Even if there were fresh servers or limited gold transfers, sooner or later, the very same will happen.

“Knowledge is power”.

Systems evolved, people “evolved”, addons evolved, ect.

There will be bots, farmers, mboxers, (insert whatever).

You either accept it, or pick other game.

I for example “left” SL because the xpac is horrible in my opinion, will check back around 10.0.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.