TBC Arena Hype

Anybody else hyped for TBC 2v2 and 3v3 Arenas? The current Arena/MOBa genre feels very stale. no real good competitive Arena games out there, mobile MOBAs, anime MOBAs…and than you also have good Arena games like Smite…but they lack a competitive scene. Can’t wait really…Still can’t decide what to roll… I heard there will be faction balance problems because of Blood elfs…so I was thinking rolling alliance hunter dwarf with stoneskin against rogue and undead plague. I heard Will of the forsaken will get nerfed later…and Stoneform will no longer remove blind…these changes come in Wotlk? What will you roll? What do you think are best 2v2 and 3v3 compositions? Is it worh leveling up no win classic or wait for tbc? Lets not forget the competitive spirit and rivalry that showed soe legends in the community. Reckfull, Swifty, Athene, Bajhera…so much new content…so amny questions…I have been surfing for the info about TBC Arena and what combination to roll for a wole day…old reddit posts, blizzard forums, youtube…

1 Like

5v5, let’s go!

that could also be fun, chaotic, but fun. new metas

Every single 5v5 will probably have a shaman. Can’t beat that bloodlust burst, so it’ll probably become very chaotic and very stale after a while. :joy:

I just wanna know if it is worth leveling up a new character now so i don’t waste 2 months of progress when tbc comes out. we will probably get booth…character transfer and fresh start right?

Honestly? As a business model it makes more sense to just progress the servers as they are, into TBC. And then wotlk. Without fresh starts, and without character transfers. Just a simple expansion patch update on the servers, making Classic as it is now a thing of the past.

But it’s all speculation, nobody other than Blizzard themselves knows yet how they’ll do it.

Really hyped. Can’t wait for tradechat: “WTS rating 2000, 2000g” :’)

More seriously it is really cool to see it come back. And after the experience we got in Classic “pvp”, that is the start of the real competitive pvp imo. It adds a new dimension to the game and offers alternative to dragon killing. What’s not to like?

Well, i am afraid it will turn toxicity and elitism to 11. But that is the name of the game.

1 Like

I’m mostly concerned with what type of rating system they’ll use though. If there’ll be rating at all. It’s not even certain Blizzard will run rated seasons in both TBC and refail at the same time after all.

I really, really miss the team tabards and team names.

1 Like

competitive spirit and rivalry. but i still dont know what to pick…im thinking dwarf hunter for stone form…but i dont really astetic so much…would prefer tauren…but horde faction is probablly gonna be overloaded… or mybe undead warrior…

Faction doesn’t matter in arenas. It’s easier to find people to play with on the populated faction on your realm as well.
Orc > Tauren for arenas as a hunter though.

good concern yea…will it be gear depending? like having que for people with the same gear and que for the people with diffrent gear…or it will be just rated and unrated arena…i just rember from wotlk or something…heirloms really destroyed low lvl pvp…even tho woud love wotlk for BLADESTORM :smiley: so if I would mainly play Arena…is horde bad decision? because big que times?

It’s only rated and unrated. Gear doesn’t affect the MMR.

I think factio odo matter…wasnt like until wotlk until u could que against your faction? race and racials matterin Arena dont they. why orc tho. people forget -50% antiheal on bloodfury

well yeah that simplify things…well u get pvp gear anyway or pve gear drom dungeons/raids so…

Blood elves aren’t so bad in 2v2 and 3v3. It will be infested with undead warlocks, rogues, mages and priests though. And of course druids, but there isn’t a lot of choice when it comes to races there.

Hunters are great for pve in TBC, not so much for arenas.

No, arenas have always been everyone vs. everyone in terms of factions. Only battlegrounds have been faction vs. enemy faction, so when they brought in rated battlegrounds later on in Cataclysm that’s when they did the same as arenas for that, but only in rated.

Simply because of the stun resistance increase.

Yeah sadly we already know the deal: RMT is horde only with 3 UD. Turbo is best horde side as well with orcs. Druid / sl sl lock is best as well on horde with Tauren / UD.

My guess is if you want to do arena / normal bgs go horde, but if you want to casually pug AV (which should be "fixed* compared to Classic) go Alliance for short queues and the garanty no premade to play against.

Arenas are the reason I stopped PvP all together. Devs decided that the comp I played with my best friend wasn’t worth enough to be competitive and instead decided to keep RMP dominating for entire expansions.

Plus I’m not a fan of humping pillar simulator, Rated BGs would have been a far better choice but Blizz had to cater to the 5-members-teams e-sport bunch instead.

Have fun chasing druids

The best 2v2 comp is rogue/druid and the best 3v3 comps are WLD/RMP.

5v5 is a meme.

Horde generally has stronger racials so they’re better.

if u are not fan of pillar simulator mybe u should roll Tauren xd u can attack trough pilars