[TBC Classic] (Midsummer Festival) Handing in enemy capital flames does not give quest for crown reward

I as well as some guildies have handed in all the enemy capital flames. But we are not able to get the final quest (A Thief’s Reward) such that we can be rewarded the crown item. I believe this is currently bugged.

I wanted to open a ticket, but it seems like Blizzard has downgraded all customer support to an infinite browser loop of categories with Q&A (and of course a link to wowhead), and the old in-game ticket creator is replaced with basically the browser page loaded into the game. sigh But that’s not what I’m here to complain about. I just want my crown.

Thanks

1 Like

Forums don’t handle bug reports.

Nor do the in-game GM’s.

You need to report bugs via the in-game bug reporting tool.

1. Just click on the red ?
  2. Click on Support
  3. Click on the large square button in the top left labelled “Submit Feedback or bug report” with a picture of Anub’arak on it. Yes it really IS a button, not just a pretty picture.
  4. Fill in the details requested in the screen that pops up.
  5. Click on the submit button.

You won’t get a personal response, but all bug reports are sent directly to the developers in the USA.

Also try this,

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(9339))

You may only be able to do it once. Like the Winter Veil present Quests.

Hi all,

just wondering if this quest is available in Classic TBC or is it a bug? I finished all flame stealing quests, but didnt get the follow-up quest.
Did anybody get it?

1 Like

Did you do all four flame stealing quests?

This has to be a bug, it’s been confirmed by many others on both Reddit and Wowhead.
The quest “A Thief’s Reward” is not given after doing all the major city desecrations.

In that case it needs to be reported as a bug ingame. Devs/QA don’t have time to read Reddit , Wowhead or the forums to discover bugs. They use the channel that goes directly to them.

1 Like

Can you help me? I tried to do it in-game but all they give me is a link to this forum. How do i prevent them from refering me to this place?

Sorry i accidentally deleted my old post

To use the in game bug report tool:-

Modern World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade Classic

1. Press Esc or click the ? button to open the menu.
  2. Click Support.
  3. Click Submit feedback or bug report.
  4. Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  5. Click Submit.

In WoW Classic

1. Click Help to open the Customer Support window.
  2. Click Submit Bug.
  3. Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  4. Click Submit.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I was somehow led astray in the interface and clicked “Report a bug”
somewhere else xD

1 Like

It’s probably only doable once and isn’t reset for this year.

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(9339))

“True” means you’ve done it.

I got a reply from in-game customer support. They too suggested submitting a bug report. The more reports, the sooner they look into it… hopefully.

But we know what it is, you did the quest before this years festival. Like a lot of quests you an only do this one once per Character.

They just changed the reward a little.

Never did this quest before and yet it is bugged for me as well.

Does that command bring up “false”?

Yes, the quest brings up false on mine.

same. this is a widely reported bug including the US servers. Lvl 70s cant do this quest.

If its reported on the forums (except for the US bug reports forum), then its not been reported. Bug reports are made in-game.

I’ve turned in all four stolen flame’s; however, the quest: A Thief’s Reward is not showing up for me on my lvl 70 characters.

However it did get completed on a lvl 62 mage I own. Maybe there is something about being lvl 70 that stops it accepting and completing this quest?

This has also been reported on the US side: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/tbc-midsummer-festival-a-thiefs-reward/1046453

Anyone else got this issue? Would love to know before the end of the event if this will be fixed.

And in the Customer Support forum. This doesn’t read particularly well as several threads have been joined together but the main upshot is you can only do it once and there’s a way to check. Otherwise you’d need to report it as a bug ingame.