TBC is going to have Warlords of Outland launch experience

Blasted Lands will have such crowd, that the server will feel akin to the AQ opening event, if not worse.

Then it will all move to Hellfire Peninsula.

And there, it will be so crowded that people will start spamming dungeons all the time.

And with the current launch-day population, which is a lot higher than WoD, there will definitely be more instances than garrisons back in WoD - and the instances will keep getting recycled over and over, unlike garrisons where you’d only go every now and then.

And what that means, is Transfer aborted; instance not found. This has already been happening from time to time on Classic during the peak Scarlet Monastery farming period, so it will be much worse during launch day period.

Unless they again give us 20-hour-long queues

1 Like

It will be heavily layered :wink: And likely on big-medium pop realms layers will be permanent (or else).

3 Likes

Considering how good the Shadowlands launch was I’m actually expecting smooth TBC launch.

6 Likes

The only thing that will have a WoD-like launch is you.

Have some faith in people, AQ40 launch was of a higher magnitude than TBC launch, history wise. And… not sure if you’re aware but AQ40 Classic launch was HUGE and smooth as silk.

Sure… there are things such as hype around and rapid growth. But rest your head Elf, you’ll be able to quest in Hellfire with no issues.

1 Like

Not if hes on a pvp server he won’t!

3 Likes

… tell you a secret? The forum for Burning Crusade Classic has been opened. Please move this thread there :wink:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Who’s gonna tell him? Can I?

Let me laugh even harder.
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How bad does it have to be before you call it “mildly smooth”?

2 Likes

Boat going from Wetlands to Stonetalon Mountains and then to Ironforge innkeeper

Yea, sounds a-boat right.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly they made Silithus have a player cap. Even with this there was some lagg. I was there from start to finish for rep.

Unless they intend to limit the maximum number of players in hellfire which would cause an even bigger bruhaha than the level boost. I suspect that Hellfire and Blasted Lands will be akin to the layered starting zones, BWL and ZG launch. Or even worse than that as while it was almost impossible to get in the raid at launch, not the entire server was there.

With the prepatch even those who wanted to reroll belf/dranei will be there. I would be surprised if it wouldn’t turn out to be the reflection of Hell.

Also, everybody needs to consider that the instance servers can’t handle the entire server population in them at the same time. So I hope that those who will go on with their Naxx geared characters consider going into the lower level Colifang reservoir and Auchindoun dungeons too. Even at 60 the gear should be enough to carry us in these.

1 Like

What’s going to be fun is PvP realms, those APES killing everyone before they materialise on the other side of the gate.

Going Slave Pens for the first two levels and then Underbog / Mana Tombs is indeed the big brain play, but you gonna miss out on that sweet HH/TM rep, so there’s that. Always trade-offs. But generally speaking, levelling in dungeons is the thing to do regardless of the state of HFP, because all the quests can be done at max level for a supplement in gold/rep.

Not gonna happen, server is gonna crash repeatedly and the lagg is going to make it unplayable. Look at the ZG launch on Gehennas.

1 Like

so basically like the original tbc launch then.

2 Likes

All this doomsaying. Aside from trash queues it’ll be fine.

that nostalgia…

That’ll be a good Dark Portal vs Dark Portal, something akin to Tarren Mill vs Southshore, except that it’ll be going on for weeks the prepatch event is active.

No. I want a true Classic experience. Back then, I didn’t enter any dungeon until I was 70.

By the way, what exactly happened during ZG launch? Was there some bug that was causing the extreme lag and crashing? Because it was far worse than original vanilla AQ opening, and once you entered the raid, you were safe and completely lagless.

and login queues

Sure lowpop servers are going to be okey. The big servers are not gonna be okey. Multiple layers, 10h queue even weeks after launch. Stv was unplayable and that’s just for the 30-38 level range. Now e v e r y o n e will be in the same zone, on top of each other.

1 Like

The issue with Zg launch wasn’t a bug. It was the fact that the game wasn’t made to have several houndred people on top of each other.

I’m playing on Golemagg. At that time the server was always “high” on the server list. I still have the screenshots before the server started crashing. I don’t remember if we still had layering back then or it was gone already. There are players as far as the eye can see.

Yet that wasn’t the entire server there. With TBC launch I can see 90% of the server trying to cross at once. The world server will crash most likely. I want to be wrong about this but given the precedent I don’t think that’s unfair to say.

1 Like

I think Blizz might implement severe layering for launch, and by severe I mean something like 20 layers of 500 players each.

1 Like

I do think that’s the absolute minimum they need to do. During the launch of classic we had layering yet the lagg in Valley of Trials was insane. That was just one out of the six starting zones.

It was bad, starting to AA a boar lagg starts the boar is dead when the game starts to move again. With the quick respawn timers it was managable yet getting tags with 4-6 or bigger laggspikes was a bit rough.

I’ve crashed about an hour in, the 20k+ que at the time was really funny to see though.

1 Like