TBC warriors

Hey everyone, I recently tried a certain fresh tbc place and went with warrior. I enjoy the dps side and mostly played arms. I know a lot of raids take one for a debuff. However I really really struggled to get into any 10 mans or even dungeons. I literally felt forced to play prot because everyone and their granny took specifically meta for absolutely everything.

Hopefully this won’t be a true representation of what classic tbc will be like. But it has put doubts in my mind about finding a place in content in anything besides hunter/drood/lock and mages. Odd shammy to but again, mostly there for totems…

What do you guys think tbc will be like for non meta specs?, ill probably mostly be looking at pugging due to inconstant work schedule.

find a guild that doesnt care about meta specs/classes, and run with them.
early on warrior is doing fairly low dps (compared to hunter and lock), but will catch up later in the expansion (T6 area).

1 Like

If you are plan to be the one that will be organize the group ( raid leader) you will have no problem , but if you are planing to join one then if you are pnaning to play Rog, dps warr or mage yuor life will be hard in PvE, basicly anything what is not Warlock, hunter or class that buff thouse 2 is as usefull in tbc as ret pala is usefull in classic is eyes of meta comunity

The same way as people thougth that world buff meta wont become a thing in Classic same sing is TBC class stacking , especialy if we will get pre nerfed raids

Uh huh.
Sure.

Would you kindly direct your eyes towards the World 1st Mu’ru Kill?
Oh, what’s that? Mages at top 2 & 3?

How about this one (Twins world 3rd):
2 Rogues, 2 Warris and a Shaman at top 1-5.

Or this one: Ret Paladin less than 2% behind the top dps on Brutallus :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you, these are not PServer nonsense. These are from the original, Vanilla-TBC experience.

So no, neither Rogues, nor Warris, Mages, Enhancer or any other Melee has to worry about finding a raidspot.

Thats the whole point. Not like Classic followed the Meta of Vanilla. With what we have learned in 15 years along with what Classic showed, its obvious min/maxing will find its way into TBC aswell and affect the Raid/Roster Meta.

How did you not reflect about this when posting old progress videos … “Original” approaches arent min/maxed and rarely - if ever - used as a blueprint in min/maxing.

2 Likes

Basically my concern in a nutshell. Obviously a pserver isnt a true representation. But 6k avg pop which is nothing but pure meta spam…gah its concerning. Thats a dam big sample size and probably isn’t drastically far behind the pop of a tbc server. If they follow anything even close to this mentality going to be a rough ride for non meta.

Just like the first Bwl clears in vanilla didn’t use any DPS warriors, that aged well.

3 Likes

Unless you plan on doing mostly arena i would not take the risk of maining a warrior. But that is just me (as someone who rolled non meta in Classic and paid the price). I expect meta in TBC to be worse than pservers. Like it went in Classic.

Ask yourself the following questions:

-Is currently Classic only meta spam?

-Do you have difficulties currently in Classic as a non meta spec to find a guild, normal dungeon runs, raid spot in pugs?

-do warriors shine by their utility compared to meta classes in BC?

Neither are 99% of Raids in Classic.

Sure, APES ran 16 Warriors in classic BWL. My guild ran half that, sometimes less. The same is true for most raids.

What the small %age of high end players do, and what most players do, are 2 completely different things.

Yes, if you are planning on playing at the very top end (and I mean top as-in “world first races”, not “server-first”), then rolling a non-meta class is probably a bad plan. If you are not doing that, and the vast majority of players don’t, not playing something you want to play, because some youtube video told you its “not meta”, is a much worse plan.

Sure you only ran 8 DPS warriors, how many shadowpriests did you bring?

You need a chill guild.
With normal players who are in this for fun. Then it does not matter which spec you pick.
I always look for these kind of guilds. I do not care for those min maxers. Like it is needed to finish a raid which otherwise is not finishable.

Get a nice guild, with humans and not thos robot min/maxers they are toxic

1 Like

I dont know if you are trolling or just have bad luck when you are thinking. Think a bit further than your nose and make a conclusion after.

The Meta is indeed set/created by the very performing guilds, which base it on efficiency and min/max. The majority of the other guilds tend to follow the example in whatever way they can, leaning heavy on the example made by the top guilds. Only very few guilds ignore it completely, and they have a hard time even getting people because nobody wants to do something for 6 hours when it could be done in 2 hours.
If Classic has shown us anything, as with World Buffs, it is that it affects players wether they want it or not.
Sure, there might be a exception to people following whats most efficient, but that is usually not an enviorment one wants to be part of nore are they imn any way relevant - And I assume the person making this threads wants to be in a relevant context.

One would have to be very naive, or have spent the last 2 years under a rock, not to think that whatever Meta will be created in TBC wont affect how the majority of the guilds and players, no matter of if they are in the top guilds or not, approach the game.

The exceptions in Classic were raids done by Alts or PuGs, 2-3 Tiers behind current content, that simply had to take what was available. Even then they didnt completely ignore the Meta approach to classes by bringing 10 Shadowpriests and Boomkins.

Posting those old videos as some sort of evidence, acting smug about it, tells me you have a very static mindset in a game where nothing is what it was 15 years ago.

A casual guild might take more Warriors, but I doubt they will take many more, so its something to think about depending on ones personal ambitions.

4 Likes

Okay, I guess this discussion has reached the point where I stop.

Have a nice day :smiley:

I guess this is a approach you have in life and it shows by your posts.

1 Like

Finding pugs as certain classes will always be difficult, it doesn’t matter what game you’re playing. If all they have to go by is how high dps you CAN do, they will bring the class with the highest potential.

That said, you should still just play what you want and join a guild. Play with them, or friends you have that play TBCC otherwise. It’s a far more enjoyable experience than pugging would be, regardless of how meta your class is.

Personally I can’t commit to raid times so mu only option is effectively pugging. Outside of joining a huge and I mean huge guild half pugging random PVE content. More of a community i suppose…but don’t l ow how realistic that would be.

You’d be surprised what kind of guilds you can find. For raiding, pugging should still be a viable option since as you mentioned, you’re useful for debuffs, and for dungeons there’s plenty of community style guilds that’ll gladly invite casual players. That’s assuming the guilds with more unorthodox raiding schedules don’t work for you either (personally I found a guild that raided on Sunday from 17:00 to 20:00 for the majority of classic due to time restrictions, for example).

By definition most private servers are played by tryhards, it does not represent classic tbc

You can say the same about original Vanilla kills from 15 y ago link videos from it and bearly see any warrior dps there. Yes you dont need 15+ furry warriors to kill bosses but a lot of guild go for it anyway,. despite what people will keep caiming original vanilla and TBC were not as much min/max as people are now

shure you can use mage dps , shure you can use rog dps but a lot of people you will go with min/max meta developed on private servers and jsut stack Destro and BMs,

its realy not difrent what you got on live servers right now ,you can play as Survival hunter and good DPS but a lot of people will tell you that you are brain dead if you don t raid as MM

Only the top couple of guilds trying to min max stratts for when classic tbc launches. Rest are typically just people who enjoyed that xpac. Not sure how you can categorise a group of people as tryhards because they play a old xpac?

That said, most the people on these servers will be jumping over to TBC classic so how is it not a representation of what to expect.

The only difference between classic tbc and a tbc private server (blizlike) is the name on the deed. Hell, with some of the things bliz are doing with paladin seals , boost etc that’s less blizlike than half the servers out there…