TBC, when?

Any idea, when is TBC coming out?
Would like to play classic as a bloodelf or dreanei.

2 Likes

Idk 2022 as the earliest?

Probably will get Naxx late 2020 / early 2021 and then a year of content drought like retail.

I do hope we get TBC though.

3 Likes

Imo Classic content release is slightly too quick. Hope Naxx is a year away… hope TBC is 18+ months on separate servers.

4 Likes

If ever…

Once Naxx has been out for a good while.

On a new server yes , keep classic intact or introduce “season” like content with mods

TBC is not classic.
If it ever comes it will take a few years, 2 or so at least.

Never. TBC aint classic.

Hope we get tbc, WotLK and even Cata (but only to patch 4.1)

In seperate clients ofc, if they just drop tbc for example and just kill classic then we are back to square one

My prediction is that if Blizzard is going to re-release TBC they’ll reveal it at Blizzcon 2020/2021 and the earliest it could come out is sometime in late 2022.

My only hope is that if TBC is coming out Blizz would keep the Classic client intact, so we won’t get another WC3:Refunded debacle again where Classic players won’t be able to play the game anymore that they cherish.

3 Likes

I think in a year or so if we keep going this rate, BWL is phase 3, then they will probably announce TBC in phase 6. Assuming they think enough people want to play it.

I doubt they will be able to rework the game in just 1 year. IF they announce it then it will take 2-3 more years after the announcement before it releases.
But I doubt it will be released. They’ve said that they don’t want to manage two MMO’s, and seeing how classic went, idk, but I think they will focus on retail and diablo going forward.

I think the idea is that they are supposed to still have the code for TBC and don’t have to rework it, while they claim the classic had to be build up from scraps.

year and a half from now

1 Like

They announced Shadowlands just 1 year before its scheduled release. And that’s a whole expansion, not just a re-release of an already done game. What makes you think TBC would take longer?

They said they don’t want to develop two different MMOs, in response to player asking for something like Classic+, i.e. new content to Classic.

Re-releasing TBC would be a different matter altogether. The assets already exist in the Legion client they used as a base for making Classic (TBC content wasn’t undone in Cata like Vanilla was). Furthermore, they already have the Classic client as a groundwork, so most of the job is done already. The devs themselves said that, with the current Classic client, re-releasing TBC would be a much easier/faster business than Classic was.

If anything, seeing how many players Classic caused to come back, it’s almost assured they’ll re-release TBC at some point - probably somewhere in mid-late 2021 after the Shadowlands hype has petered out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.