TCG items - How should they be handled in TBC Classic?

So everyone is looking forward to TBC since the announcement, and now beta is out there are a lot of unknowns due to the game being based on patch 2.4.3. However one unknown not really related to patches is whether or not TCG items will be in TBC Classic

Currently on the beta Landro is in Booty Bay but has none of the redeem options that exist on retail servers. I don’t really think he is relevant anymore since most people don’t have their old codes to redeem (I know I don’t) and making unredeemed codes usable on Classic would affect the retail market even further (I see this suggestion a lot)

I think TCG items should be made untradable if they are introduced and I see four possible ways they could handle TCG items, that could also be combined;

• Do nothing at all, TCG items will not exist in classic TBC

• TCG items that existed in TBC or are TBC themed (ex. dark portal HS) that are collected on your retail account are awarded to your classic account (similar to the collectors edition stuff)

• TCG items or “packs” are sold on the store or items are part of game-time promotions A.K.A BC deluxe edition that surfaced several weeks ago (wowhead BC deluxe edition - I can’t link yet)

• TCG items or “packs” purchasable in-game from a vendor for currency gained from repeatable content such as Arena points, Primal Nether, Badges of Justice

I would like to earn TCG items through gameplay in TBC and maybe get the stuff I have on retail too, what do you think should happen to TCG items?

Interesting topic
How would you earn items through gameplay? Are you saying bgs, dungeons and raids?

Something along the lines of that yeah. Keep people running heroics, raids and competing in arena. Spend excess currency on silly TCG items, just something to work towards like how they reintroduced the toys and tabards on retail in MoP with BMAH

Pricing/rarity when buying items can be adjusted to keep them from being everywhere at least for a while. I don’t think they should be tradable because gold is already such a fiesta on classic wow

This is likely to guard against people burning codes in a beta, the boosters are still available online and prices have spiked a lot.

Personally I think if you had them linked to your (what’s now) retail account you should get them at launch.

I also add that on other betas and PTR’s on retail Landro redeem options are also disabled for the same reason. Retail in-game shop is also disabled. After all both things, shop and Landro, use real money or real-world items bought with real money, it makes sense in a test server to have those things disabled.

1 Like

I also don’t think people who spent a hell of a lot of money on packs to win a saber should have that devalued by it being at the end of a quest chain or rep grind.

I would be okay with it being sold in the shop for $150 with all proceeds going to charity close to your heart that you nominate from a list of charities chosen by Blizz.

I’d like them to let me use my stuff from retail in TBC. That said I expect TCG mounts to be sprinkled in as store mounts or promotional items such as for buying the Blizzcon ticket or collectors edition.

1 Like

I also add that in the past in retail, back when TBC and WOTLK were still retail, every time they add new TGC items those were tested and available on PTR but using false codes, like for sample you could select a new item from an upcoming TGC deck and got the item in PTR using a code like 1111111 or 2222222 or something like that. It was limited only for new TGC items not yet available on live servers, and never with real cards codes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.