Ten questions about Era

Hi there,

I’ve played WoW on and off since TBC, only played Vanilla up to lvl 16 and now that I’ve really had my share of retail, and that Wotlk is…Well whatever that is now, I really wanted to do that one WoW journey I always wanted but never got to - classic WoW

I’ve been thinking about servers and classes and have a couple of questions and it would be a great help if I didn’t have to scour the internet for each,

1. Is there still a debuff cap (Thought of rolling warlock)?
  2. Are world buffs a requirement for most raiding guilds?
  3. Is Firemaw PvP a decent server to start Horde on?
  4. Are tanks in demand (I know silly question, but one of the things I was considering was prot warrior and if there aren’t many raiding guilds those spots are often occupied.)
  5. What’s the situation on healers? Is there a lack of priests/druids/shamans?
  6. Are there raid spots for dps shamans, particularly elemental?
  7. How well do resto shamans perform in raids and dungeons and are they popular nowadays?
  8. What’s the most sought-after DPS class in raids? And I don’t mean who does the most DPS but what do you feel is an underplayed DPS class that raids would like more of?
  9. Is herb/alchemy worth it in classic? (It’s been my go-to since TBC)
  10. Are there too many mages?
  11. Secret question - What stage are classic era servers in now? What’s getting raided? Is MC still being raided?
    I know, it’s plenty of questions many of which ask for subjective answers, but that would do for me anyway. Any other tips and suggestions would be very, very welcome. I plan to level slowly throughout the summer because I’ll be traveling, then come September I’ll buckle down in my chair and get my nerd on.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Cheers!

1. It’s larger right now
  2. Probably for naxx and aq reclears, depending how sweaty the guild is
  3. It’s a gankfest full of naxx ret palas

4, 5. mostly healers while leveling tanks are also rare for Pyrewood pve Horde
6. in “pro” guilds less likely, for alt/pug runs whatever
7. one of best if not the best raid healer, always in demand
8. not hunters, we are almost at 10 of them
9. yes
10. no

1 Like
  1. Yes but they upped it with SOM.
  2. No but handy for AQ/Naxx
  3. About 40% Horde, best raiding guild in EU though (for clear times)
  4. Depends on the server, for Firemaw I would say for dungeons and pug raids yeah, for raid guilds no.
  5. Lack of druids yeah, rest no.
  6. Not really played so not sure.
  7. Yes fantastic, especially if you manage your totems correctly.
  8. Tough question, honestly I dont know.
  9. Ehhh, people transfer over herbs from dead servers to Firemaw all the time. Alchemy is decent.
  10. Yes. Most popular class.
  11. Everything is being raided all of the time.
1 Like

Thanks, that was very comprehensive!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.