Texture loading speed

I’ve spent hours searching up how to fix this, but I can’t find any solutions. Whenever I load into WoW, go to a new zone, enter a raid etc, it can take anywhere from 5-10 seconds to load textures, to 5-10 minutes. I run on the spot whenever I land from a flight path. It happens constantly, and I’m having to sit and wait 1+ minutes EVERY time without fail.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It’s been happening for weeks and is making me really close to walking away from WoW.

How about some pc specs?
Are you running wow from a ssd, if not then you got the solution most likely now :smiley:

Yeah, I’m running it through an SSD. It’s being ran through a 446gb SSD card as my PC doesn’t have a HDD at the moment.
I have a 4gb GeForce GTX 970, 12gb RAM and an intel Core i5 CPU. The only thing that needs upgrading in my PC is my power supply, as it’s only a 500w, which I don’t think is the cause of the problem (Could be wrong though).

Why would you need to upgrade a 500W PSU for that I5/970 combo?
Even 450 would be more than fine, no worries unless you plan on upgrading your GPU ofc.

Check your SSD speed with AS SSD [AS SSD Benchmark | heise Download](https://www.heise.de/download/product/as-ssd-benchmark-66717) just to be sure it is running as it should.

Also make sure there is nothing running in windows background that is eating up too much ressources (cpu and hdd).

Whenever I’m in WoW, my PC constantly sounds like it’s about to take off. I’ve kept the inside of the PC as clean as possible, but it still does it.

The texture loading seems to only be a problem in WoW. Just recently got Phasmaphobia, which is MUCH better graphics than WoW but it runs that fine, so I don’t know what the problem is.

I’m doing the scan now, dunno how long it’s gonna take. But, once it’s done, which numbers would be helpful to you? The Score at the bottom?

I usually have 1-2 Chrome windows open, Discord and WoW. That’s it. My PC “should” be able to run these programs easily with no problems.

Could be the GPU fan, are you capping your FPS at your refresh rate (60hz i guess)? If not then your GPU will render as many frames as your CPU can prepare for it and max out the GPU if possible, turning up the fan to max.

Well a screenshot of the results would be nice.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and that helped a lot. It actually runs properly now :smiley:

The same problem and the same fix.

BUT! After Hotifx or patch applied on live servers I must remember about that issue and still need reinstall game, cause thats the 1 actual and working method to fix that issue.
Anybody know another way instead of reinstall? Cause again previous patch or hotfix was broke up the game client!

Edit:
Specs is I7-2600, GTX1060 6GB VRAM, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD.

Yeah, I seem to be starting to lag a little again. I don’t want to have to re-install the game every time it happens.

It is seriously sub-optimal to run anything from an SD Card, as SD Cards lack a dram cache. They should only be used as a storage device.