Thank you Blizzard for item level 68 Honor gear

You disgust me. :face_vomiting:

10 Likes

i really hope they are increasing the item levels you get from pvp in the future. right now its a joke, really.

9 Likes

Unless they add a pvp only stat, that’s not gonna happen.

1 Like

I hope so too, but seeing what they have been doing the last 6 years I dont really think they want PvPers to be good with PvP gear alone anymore. If they knew of how many people left because of this and the fact that Class Design is not priority number 1 anymore.

3 Likes

i actually really hope they reintroduce a pvp only stat, hope dies last. :frowning:

5 Likes

The honor gear is the old blue 425 gear you got from random bg’s, is it not?

1 Like

which is a shame, really. it pretty much worked in the past so i assume it could work again. just feels like blizzard doesnt care about the pvp community as much anymore now with raids and m+ being a major part of the game.

my bf currently made a new character and tried to gear it through pvp and its really…frustrating. you can even get wq gear that is better than what he gets now and the rating you need in order to get semi decent gear is way too high.

2 Likes

I really miss the PvP stat system. I know not all PvPers liked it though.

7 Likes

i have never been really extremely into pvp and the last time i very, very casually played arena was in wotlk, what would be the downsides of pvp stats if you dont mind me asking?

either i forgot and cant remember or never knew. :smile:

The downsides are people had to gem and enchant their gear, and something about needing 2 sets of gear

Looks at multiple sets of azerite pieces in my bag currently

Yeah, it didn’t work. and I’d MUCH prefer 2 sets of gear, one for PVP and one for PVE.

3 Likes

The PVP stat meant the gear was only useful in PvP and it meant mythic raid gear high ilvl didn’t mean anything when doing PvP. So you had two separate sets of gear for both and neither of us were forced to take part in the other type of content.

It was really easy to get a basic set of PvP gear and then you’d build on it.

4 Likes

yeah, i get that but what i am curious about is why people didnt like the pvp stat? at least some didnt.

was it because you had to carry around two sets of gear?

thats it?

couldnt blizzard just fix this by implementing qol features so its easier to have/switch between sets? like an extra tab so they dont use up bag space or something?

2 Likes

Yep, pretty much it seems :sweat_smile: However, it looks like they’re listening, kinda. So fingers crossed PvP gear will be great for PvP in Shadowlands.

1 Like

Do we know what will happen with honors we gather now once we go into SL?

My brain says they’ll convert to gold when the new PvP season starts. But my heart is saying we’ll keep them, and be able to buy Shadowlands gear with what we earned in prepatch. :smirk:

I read somewhere we will gather “SL honors” but that means those honors now are totaly useles, and also it wss any oficial info so.

Either way we can buy SL honor gear right as fresh 60 or they make new honors and those we gather now are useles.

Tbf i dont like any of those choices

Some like being in the most powerful gear that they’ve farmed in PvE. They don’t like having to have a PvP set which specifically caters to PvP players.

1 Like

oh great, now you had me sitting here thinking it had some fundamentally gamebreaking, unfair reasons why they ve removed the pvp stat… :roll_eyes:

i see, thats kinda sad. :confused: thanks for elaborating though.

2 Likes

To be fair it worked both ways, a PvPer was fairly ineffective in their gear in PvE as well. Blizz prefers to push us into other parts of the game for certain items. PvP stat stops a lot of that.