Thank you Blizzard For removing PvP Scaling

I wanna take this moment to thank blizzard for removing pvp scaling. This is the first time that im truely enjoying the game again. This brings me back to my memories from Non-stop queueing pvp and i will do this in the prepatch.

I hope pvp will be like this in Shadowlands aswell!

Thank god people die for now!

15 Likes

Killing low geared players is boring and not enjoying at all.

11 Likes

Not just about ‘Targeting & killing low geared players’ you silly Blackhand…

The character progression of gearing in PvP is important… something to work towards instead of just being scaled.

Equally spotting another player with similiar HP on the battlefield… if it’s the same class it’s the battle of the best… Get tin can allied because i’m better then ya.

3 Likes

So basically you just want to kill low geared players.

6 Likes

He want something like LFR in PvP. Pew-pew-pew-bam-boom by clicking 1 button and everything smashing around, coz his Majesty working on gear.

3 Likes

You really don’t wanna understand huh?
Keep playing dumb.

Blackhand is right

For PvP you should have to learn positioning, your abilities, how and when to use them, in which combination but also all the other class abilities, how to counter them, how to force them to be used etc.

PvEers just want to be able to grind Mythics and then come into PvP and not need to use any of that knowledge but just have their PvE-acquired gear compensate for PvP skill/knowledge.

It’s ridiculous. It’s like if PvP gear would mean you could go into Mythic raids and not need to learn any of the boss mechanics because your PvP gear has stats on it that compensates for that and you just tank and spank…

Only weekend PvE PvPers would be happy with this change. No real PvPer would. You play PvP for the challenge- to outskill your opponent. Like any competetive game/sport. Not to steamroll them with superior gear and button smashing to fuel your fragile ego.

12 Likes

Fu man :wink:

I’m personally missing PvP scaling. I sat out a lot of BFA, because I didn’t find it particularly fun or enjoyable. Before the pre-patch, it felt like I was on a level playing field when queuing into a BGs. Now it feels a lot worse, with my character taking a tonne more damage, while simoultaenously not healing as well as he used to.

I think the idea of players putting in more hours and starting out with an advantage because of that is questionable, when the advantage players should have is based on individual skill and game knowledge.

My ideal world would be gear not mattering at all in instanced PvP, no scaling, no adjustments, just everyone is set to x ilevel with y secondary stats and z health, but I also admit I’m a lot newer to PvP and I’m 100% on the more casual side, so feel free to point out the flaws in that line of thinking.

10 Likes

No, I don’t. Please don’t tell others what their motivations are, how can you know unless you’re psychic?

My motivation is nothing like that, I don’t want to ‘compete’ per se. I just want to have some fun by winning BGs, outplaying stupid horde, and capping flags and such. I love helping others that are attacked by horde, and whenever we kill a rogue together, is the best feeling in the world.

Winning a BG takes teamwork, and can be a lot of FUN!

I don’t care about ‘tactics’ or whatnot, but I also don’t want to grind PvE to get gear. I just want to join and play and have fun, and have a good battle. Even if we lose, if it’s a good battle, I can be satisfied with it.You can’t win everything.

What I DON’T want, is being stomped, being stunkilled without any tools to escape, getting absolutely murdered because they have better gear, etc.

I am sure they could fix all this, but prepatch makes it WORSE by not even trying to balance the teams anymore, which means horde will win even larger percentage than before, because horde has better gear than ally.

So thanks a lot, for making SURE horde wins more, instead of at least trying to make the BGs fair and equal.

Bring back templates or something, or make both sides 100% equal in power - this situation is unbearable in any case. At least let lowbies be able to punch and damage the opponent, for crying out loud. Don’t make players useless compared to other players, this discrepancy is like the gap between the rich and the poor, and surely that’s not a fair system for your paying customers.

1 Like

Have you ever watched rextroy? PvP Scaling was broken… Making use of your sockets made you weaker…

1 Like

Maaaaan you dumb dumb.

Imagine if PvE gear scaled to match the raid… for example you are a full Mythic Ny’alotha geared raider however, when entering Uldir the gear scaled down to match appropriate Ilevels etc.

You’d be straight to the forum crying endlessly because all content is tough and you can’t hack it.

I don’t just want to kill ow geared players no… i want to progress and become more powerful as i invest more time into the game. I want to look/feel stronger as i should be compared to a fresh max level character.

3 Likes

The question is…if your gear is exactly the same as the others and you’ve got exactly the same stats, whether you’re new or old PVPer, what’s the point in playing PVP?

At least during Classic there was a ranking and gears you could grind to… what;'s the point if there is nothing to get you motivated to play pvp? if PVE stuff is outgearing PVP players…

Couldn’t care less about that. The other difference between pvp and pve is that pve is being easier week by week, because you simply gearing up. That cannot be said about pvp.

Erm… competitions?

Exactly, you invest time to gear up, I invest time into learning classes and match-ups, analzying my games, etc.

2 Likes

It was definitely poorly implemented, but I think I preferred the janky nature of an attempted level playing field over the mismatch of ilevels that’s happening right now.

Currently it feels analagous to boxing, where people who didn’t take the time to do a lot of PvE or PvP are in the lightweight or featherweight divisions, yet are constantly matched up against the cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions. The heavier guys need to only throw one punch for a knockout, but the lighter guys need to land hit after hit just to maybe have the same chance.

5 Likes

I love it!
All I wanna do after a hard day of work and dealing with a sinking ship of a relationship is to just log in and do a couple of casual bgs before I have to get some sleep.
I have nowhere near the time available to compete in ranked pvp or serious pve and I have accepted this faith so I spend my short time doing casual bgs and some questing content.
So yes this is a very amazing change for me!

I can now log in on my warrior who has to low ilvl and tickle other players as I get oneshot and cause our team to lose.
But that is fine since I can just log in my paladin, mage or priest that also has to low ilvl and tickle other players as I get oneshot and cause our team to lose.

It is all fine though since I have a DH that I have actually spent real life money on to buy gold for gear on the ah and some boosts to buff my ilvl to the bare minimum of being on the same level as everyone else.
Good thing that Blizzard didn’t nerf the DH into the ground…

But it is ok! I guess I’ll just sit here in the corner and watch others play the game while I seriously consider buying a fully geared character on ebay just so I can play.
Love it!
absolutely love it!

4 Likes

Its good change especially when it was broken.

But now blozz have to : Put min ilvl req. for bgs or Scale people below xy ilvl up

2 Likes

I’d be all in favour of this. Or in favour of ‘bracketing’ BGs so that everyone queues in with a similar amount of health/healing/damage. Granted the downside for that would be longer queue times, but I’d personally rather take that.

3 Likes

You started by saying I’m wrong and to compete and outskill your opponent is not your motivation and then go on to describe how you enjoy using teamwork to outplay horde and win…

Sounds like competing to me. A friendly match of football is also a competitive match using teamwork :wink:

1 Like

Good news. Lets just hope the PvP gear in SL ends up being king again in PvP environment.

For those complaining about one shots, are you really being one shot now more often than you were before? My undergeared healer seemed to last pretty well last night. Just sucks the only gladiator trinket you can buy now is ilvl 60 something. I’d have kept the pvp talent in until the expansion drops. Dying in a stun is 100% more likely, so I can sympathise there.

No gear means a rough time. Especially when the new expansion is round the corner. People are bored, and wanna test out their new abilities in a casual setting.