Thank you PvP team

I mean srsly, you didn’t nerf DK more. I appreciate this, thank you. :nerd_face:

They did though.

The removal of Heartstop aura is a massive nerf to frost dk, especially since it wasn’t replaced with anything.

Unholy will remain as unplayable as ever due to the lack of changes.

1 Like

Ye i know, idk, mb they need to nerf something again, at least we will know that DK isn’t completely ignored in this game?

Never seen so much moaning from any class as DK, almost every topic are littered with DK tears.Are they really that bad? I seen some in AWC.

9 Likes

Idk how things are at classic wow but after the removal of heartstop frost will be garbage. And now this class is left with 2 unplayable specs for pvp, which isnt the case for any other class in game. Rerolling in this game is not worth the time.

1 Like

Blood isn’t exactly meta in RBGs either afaik.

Actually i have little hopes that with deleted heart stop aura(thats actaully others don’t like to play against) they will unnerf DKs - both UDK and FDK. But no… I can’t even play in BoS build, cuz…its nerfed by 50%. kekw

Unholy complaints are 100% justified. F DK might be good vs castercleaves with new aura but against WW or Arms it will explode.

Let’s all act like today is Patchday, cry preemptively as though all changes are final and go unsub until next expac

Heartstop Aura is the worst thing ever, I am glad it is gone.

2 Likes

Didnt include blood because its a tank spec, and no one cares for that spec.

Unholy is pretty good rn :upside_down_face:

It was replaced with an other talent, btw. Well, not “replaced” per se, rather “reworked” into something else. They didn’t “just remove” an option (numerically speaking) from the PvP talents of Frost DK.

I don’t remember the ability’s exact name (will edit post later if I happen to find it), but they gave something else instead which reduces the range of enemy spells and abilities. That being said, Heartstop Aura was pretty unhealthy for the game in general and I am glad to see it gone.

EDIT: The new passive is called Shroud of Winter.

I agree with heartstop being unhealthy, although the new ability is literally useless. While frost dk isnt the worst nor the best (unh isnt even an option) it had that what kept it somewhat good, so now we are left with 2 useless specs.

I think how rets are now is more unhealthy for the game than heartstop aura, the low arena participation speaks for itself now that it is meta.

I mean, the spell they replaced it with is also unhealthy for the game. Its something like it reduces your range by 30%.

Is it still a passive ability? I was somehow left under the impression that it would be an active ability lasting for some time instead of a permanent aura.

Can’t really say for sure if it is going to be useless. Not until either the patch comes live, or people try it out a bunch on the PTR at the very least. The way I see it, it might actually have some uses, even though probably a niche pick?

That being said, the ability being useless is under no means a counter argument to the implication that they removed it without adding anything back. That’s just not true.

Depends, I guess.

Yes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ey4w3EdVIAAYWeJ?format=png&name=small

1 Like

Thank you for linking that!

Either way, if I had to choose to deal with either Shroud of Winter or Heartstop Aura, I most likely wouldn’t choose the latter.

I feel like Shroud of Winter is somewhat less oppressive, and has a little bit more counter-play to it.

1 Like

And what is healthy for the game? Nowdays rogues or retri? Rogues was disqusting for PvP since forever, DH just another example.

Spells and abilities are balanced around things like range and cooldown. In my opinion, anything that relates to changing an opponents spell (or even your own) like CDR and range are dumb in design since they remove those two components from the equation. CDR is a prime example; almost every usage of CDR is some what flawed/broken and is part of the problem for imbalances (although Blizzard seem to love it).

People will argue it makes things less scripted, but all its really doing is emphasising the importance of either those cooldowns, or the counter to them. Anyway, Blizzard almost certainly removed it due to the same reason they removed whatever that rogue talent was that affect CDs - they’re full of bugs.