Thanks for the boost 120

Was nice of Blizzard to help players level their alts. So I thought Id give it a go now I have some spare time. Wish they had’nt bothered. I decided to level via pvp random battlegrounds and the pain of being destroyed by 120 players in the 111-119 bracket. I fought through the pain and dinged 120. Did all the quest chains cloak etc a few essences and got upto 420 ilv. Decided time for some more casual pvp, but now I am met by 470 plus players absolutely destroying me. At no stage have I found any of this fun at all. I just cant bring myself to grind the gear and totally refuse to line blizzards pockets by buying gold to buy boosts. Even if I added another 20 ilv it would still be horrendous.

2 Likes

How long did it took?

Casually maybe a day herb/mining between bg queing. didnt have heirlooms either.

Wait a second. You expect to not be destroyed in BG’s after not even playing a week at 120? You are the problem, not Blizzard. People like you need to stop crying and play the game more. You don’t need to find a boosting service, find a guild that helps you. Never in the history of wow was it easy to just go into bg’s and “Have fun” you always needed gear to not get shredded in a second.

2 Likes

that is not true, there was a time where you could go in whit just leveling gear, and do things, and not just be canonfodder, even still in tbc, you where able to do some things whit just green gear, and could say still even in wrath and cata it was possible, but arround mop time this was not the case anymore.
offcourse you had a harder time, but you didnt get one shotted as it is now.

1 Like

No, no… you are wrong. Blizzard is the problem, cause you see for 15 years who he wanted to play pvp he had almost no need to play first pve to have bis gear in order to play pvp. But suddenly blizzard decided they want more money, they became greedy and arrogant.
So they pruned everything from classes to professions to any sense of customization on building a character the way you want … They wanted easy game to appeal to new and maybe younger players. The wanted more money and only that.
AND THEY FAILED. Because none likes shallow games.
And then they panicked and started one mistake after the other. Do pve in order to play pvp, play more hours in order to get the item you want. Everything rng.
They transformed a well structured system on pvp to a secondary fun activity to pve-ers. Now you go arenas and see stupid people doing only damage and heal like they do in bosses and they win.
So the OP is no wrong at all.
15 years of wow justify that.

3 Likes

mh if I remember it correctly in got always pretty much one shotted without at least honor gear.
Bgs were afk farm fest when you had 0 gear and were also pretty useless.

Still it felt better than now because at that time at least you did a little dmg but now you cannot even break the auto heals and passive shields. That not even changes when you reach 440+ gear.
Starts to get better 460+ but also only if you have the correct gear and play the right class

playing enh you still feel useless in fights even with 470 gear :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh but it was.
It used to be this:

1. Get max lvl
  2. Buy crafted pvp gear off auction (that’s season behind in power than current season honor)
  3. Enjoy bgs. You are no longer a liability for your team.
2 Likes

It was better when they was vendors and pvp powered items but all the pvers complain because they were useless in pvp so blizzard changed it and now in pvp you need to farm pve first or you get destroyed by mythic trinkets that take 1/3rd of your health off in 1 hit

1 Like

I killed 56% hp mage with 1 shot with new essence on 2000 mmr 3v3. New pvp system like this.

2 Likes

I just ate a 200k trinket crit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.