Thanks for the multi-guild Horde RP event

I won’t go into details, as I assume there’s a reason why the event wasn’t mentioned here on the forums, but such a big event, with 3(?) guilds represented and organized in different groups with distinct roles and tasks… It was quite amazing!

We have some nice Alliance RP going on as well, I am not cheering for team Sylvanas here, but the people behind this big event :sunglasses:

Well done and well performed!
(Even though Meloren might want to stick a glaive in some of last night’s “allies” :grin:)

6 Likes

I imagine it’s because it was guild specific (even if there were three of them). You don’t usually see guild events mentioned here.

1 Like

The reason why guild events like this are rarely (if ever) announced on forums is because combat situations usually require a certain degree of communication, discipline, and cohesion. Since big events like this require a lot of planning, it’s usually much easier for the DM to have a relatively small meeting with a handful of guild leaders and officers who will then pass the information down to their guildies rather than speak to a huge chaotic group of people.

I personally haven’t attended the planning meeting because Lara, much like Meloren, would definitely attempt to stick a sword in some of the “allies” (even if technically they’re not his allies–nobody who fights for Sylvnas is Lara’s ally), but I already knew of the event weeks ago. So yeah, that’s quite a lot of planning.

That said, massive kudos to Torakk and the rest of the Warband for hosting the event! Extra shout-out to the Laughing Skulls who made my day brighter with their shenanigans.

4 Likes

I’m really glad you enjoyed it! It was awesome getting to interact with both other guilds. :smiley:

The reason the event wasn’t advertised anywhere was really just because it was part of a bigger plotline for my guild, the battle itself was planned to happen one way or another. The Hand and Wayward Vagrants each got recruited along the way, through IC circumstances and fortuitous meetings in Booty Bay, which was pretty awesome, but it wasn’t meant to be a public thing. :>

That said, I’d love some more cross-guild RP in general! Probably not as DM-intensive as that one, but the interactions are always worth it.

5 Likes

Just admit you want to see Nlaea making funny faces at the succubus again. :wink:

That’s a bonus!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.